Will there be a hierarchical system in the future kingdom of heaven?

tonychanyt

24/7 Christian
Oct 2, 2011
Toronto
Visit site
✟93,370.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Matthew 11:
11 “Assuredly, I say to you, among those born of women there has not risen one greater than John the Baptist; but he who is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.

Matthew 5:
19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Jesus spoke to his disciples about special places of honor in Mark 10:
40 "but to sit at my right or left is not for me to grant. These places belong to those for whom they have been prepared.”

1 Corinthians 6:
3 Do you not know that we will judge angels? How much more the things of this life!

Matthew 19:
28 Jesus said to them, “Truly I tell you, at the renewal of all things, when the Son of Man sits on his glorious throne, you who have followed me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

This hierarchy may not form a total or linear order but probably a partial order.

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟221,115.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Matthew 11:

Matthew 5:

Jesus spoke to his disciples about special places of honor in Mark 10:

1 Corinthians 6:

Matthew 19:

This hierarchy may not form a total or linear order but probably a partial order.

Yes, but since you are not Israel, you won't worry about the 12 apostles judging you.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟78,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
How do you define "most"?
I would describe a bell shaped curve. A few end up with nothing, a few end up with a lot. Most are somewhere in between. I believe one third will be saved but only 10% represent God. Many are called, but few are chosen because they do not want to live Holy, Sanctified and Set apart. So that God is able to use them.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟78,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

tonychanyt

24/7 Christian
Oct 2, 2011
Toronto
Visit site
✟93,370.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,489,079.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If we look at everything Jesus has to say about His view of reward and hierarchy, to be more favored in Heaven means having more work to do. The servant who did good work was rewarded with more work. The hardest working of His people on earth will be the hardest working people in Heaven.

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: tonychanyt
Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟78,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
What is the real-value random variable of your bell curve? What kind of quantity does it measure?
Ask my son, he is the computer engineer. He is very good at formulas. God also is very exact and precise.

As I said, the rewards we receive are earned but there is also the free gift. Jesus talks about treasures in Heaven. This can be precious gems or jewels. One pastor said we are sending building materials for our mansion.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tonychanyt

24/7 Christian
Oct 2, 2011
Toronto
Visit site
✟93,370.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ask my son, he is the computer engineer. He is very good at formulas.
When you wrote "I would describe a bell shaped curve", you did not know the quantity of the random variable? Why did you make that claim?

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,489,079.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ask my son, he is the computer engineer. He is very good at formulas. God also is very exact and precise.

As I said, the rewards we receive are earned but there is also the free gift. Jesus talks about treasures in Heaven. This can be precious gems or jewels. One pastor said we are sending building materials for our mansion.
I can't see that we'd care anything about precious gems or jewels in a city that has gold nuggets for cobblestones. Such things are not treasures in the eyes of Jesus.

• Agree
Reactions: tonychanyt
Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟78,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I can't see that we'd care anything about precious gems or jewels in a city that has gold nuggets for cobblestones. Such things are not treasures in the eyes of Jesus.
Yes, precious stones in Heaven are as common as the sand. Still, some must be more precious than others.

Revelation 21:18-21 New International Version:

"The wall was made of jasper, and the city of pure gold, as pure as glass. The foundations of the city walls were decorated with every kind of precious stone. The first foundation was jasper, the second sapphire, the third agate, the fourth emerald, the fifth onyx, the sixth ruby, the seventh chrysolite, the eighth beryl, the ninth topaz, the tenth turquoise, the eleventh jacinth, and the twelfth amethyst."

The King of Tyre was adorned with precious stones. (Ezekiel 28:12) The priest were adorned with precious stones. Revelation uses the words "precious stone".

I use to crush turquoise and mix it with epoxy then I could mold it anyway I wanted.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums