Will my Methodist-church attending long-time friends support us when the Persecution comes?

hopeforhappiness

Jan 24, 2016
united kingdom
✟22,713.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
A Christian couple like us decided when they retired to attend their local church. In both cases this is a Methodist church. None of us are full-blown Methodists by persuasion but we are strong believers in worshipping and serving locally. We got together recently and started talking about the Equality, Diversity and Inclusion training that is coming for all who serve in an official role. This led onto the meeting our church will soon have about licensing for same-sex marriage. Our friends said they had had theirs and they and their church voted in favour. We said we and our church were likely to vote against. We have already lost two leaders concerning the EDI material and theology.
I looked at the husband and this sad thought came that if and when pressure came on us, politically, economically or clerically because of our bigotry (the Romans called the early Christians anti-humanity), I doubted whether whether he would sacrifice much to protect us or even stand up for us.
I hope that the World allows us to live with difference of Opinion without penalty.

Last edited:

OldAbramBrown

Jul 4, 2023
England
✟22,720.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Materialist dominionists provoked this by their "influencing" (though they had been warned not to). In the meantime play it by ear but tell everybody this because they have got to be helped to be realistic.

Some people don't want to pray the prayer of Daniel 9: 3-21.

Christians are also free to ask their friends for a blessing which if it includes ministers they can be with their collars off?

I hope that, since I've been to methodist churches relatively few times out of my diverse church attendances, I'm permitted to mention how some other denomination adherents have affected everybody.

Upvote 0