Will artificial intelligence change the world the way the Internet did?

Will artificial intelligence change the world the way the Internet did?

• Yes

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not sure

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟43,662.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What scares me about AI is how the evil one will program it to think. These tools can be used for good and evil. The internet has changed today's society and in my Christian opinion for the worst. Kinda sad people have to look for truthful information today. Antichrist is described as a badass maybe he will be transhuman with an AI implant. lol I just hope I'm alive to see because I love bible prophecy. Chuck Missler my old bible teacher talked about the possibilities with tech. Peace

Reactions: the Vital One
Upvote 0

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟293,286.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
My view is that artificial intelligence is currently in a similar position to where the Internet was in the early 1990s.

Artificial intelligence is currently in a similar position to where electricity was in 1880.

Reactions: the Vital One
Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
Silicon Valley
✟607,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The internet has helped my life. I can cook any meal imaginable just by asking how, I can get anywhere I need by car by simply saying to take me there. Any kind of music, at any time without going to the record store. I can order food, clothes or anything I want instead of shopping, I can watch movies at will. I can learn about history, learn a new language, or listen to audio books while I drive. Any concept I can think of is outlined in detail.

...The internet compliments my mind, and helps it.

...But I don't really know what AI is. I can't visualize it.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
Silicon Valley
✟607,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I can imagine interactive *teaching* would be one of the first areas AI might head into. The current situation is one where parents can't choose a certain curriculum for their kids as they might otherwise choose - had they had the choice. Another area education could be improved on, is the problem where teachers struggle to fulfill individualized teaching, for the array of different questions people might have in a classroom setting... Causing need for Tudors in some cases.

I think the way to go about this is to start searching for areas of possible improvement.

Upvote 0

Freth

Site Supporter
Jul 11, 2020
Midwest, USA
✟391,983.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Here are some of the things I've seen, and even used AI for.
  • Programming: I've seen how ChatGPT can write code snippets or complete applications. You can keep revising and asking for modifications and it will give them to you. If you have issues with code, or need a new feature, or changed feature, you simply have to ask and it will write the changes for you and present them to you. I watched a video where a person used AI to write a web application. It wrote all of the code.
  • Images: AI can create highly detailed and even photo-realistic images based on descriptive words and phrases. It can create the images in whatever artistic style you want. You can then take those pictures and revise them, adding or removing content. Adobe is already revolutionizing image editing with their new AI that can add or remove elements seamlessly. It's so good you can't tell what is real and what was created with AI.
  • Music: AI can make music that sounds like it was recorded in a studio.
  • Writing: ChatGPT can write detailed text on just about any subject. It can write up papers on various subjects.
  • Conversation Generation: Running 24/7 right now on Twitch is an AI that can take a topic from a sentence or a paragraph submitted in chat and turn it into a detailed, comprehensive back and forth conversation between SpongeBob SquarePants and Patrick, complete with voices, and personalities of the characters. It's amazing the conversations it comes up.
If this is what AI is doing now, imagine what it will be doing in the future. AI has already changed the world, most people just don't know it yet, because they haven't seen what it can do, and how people are using it.

• Informative
Reactions: Landon Caeli
Upvote 0

Freth

Site Supporter
Jul 11, 2020
Midwest, USA
✟391,983.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Just a couple minutes ago, I decided to go play around with ChatGPT AI (chat.openai.com). You can type anything and it will consider it and respond.

Just for fun I asked it to write me a short story in the style of David Eddings, who is a fiction fantasy author I read when I was in high school. I don't read those types of books anymore, but I wanted to see of the AI could write something cohesive. The story was about a dozen paragraphs long and could've been a synopsis to a fantasy book.

Next I asked it to write me new lyrics for a Beastie Boys song. Again, I don't listen to secular music much anymore, but I figured it would be a good challenge for the AI. Surprisingly, it was pretty good and didn't have any vulgarity in it.

Being a retired telecommunications tech, I asked it to tell me how to use a multi-meter to test for a short or ground. It described in detail how, complete with safety warnings.

I then asked it to write me a kaleidoscope program in QBasic. It started to print out lines of code. I took the code and put it into QBasic. It was a kaleidoscope for the most part, but the AI had a couple of the values in the wrong place, a minor fix. I told the AI that it had an error and asked it to fix it, which it did.

Last edited:
Reactions: Petros2015
Upvote 0