Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
From my blog, "What He Said..." at p-s*hat.blogspot.com (you have to remove the *for the link to work).

Do you think you know the Passover? Sure you do. You've familiarized yourself with scripture and expositions authored of the anointed and notable. The Haggadah is memorized and so too, every event detail from Exodus to Execution stake, from Moshe to Messiah. You know it all by rote, right? Well, maybe not...

This Passover may very well prove to be of historic significance. The intriguing work of Pastor Mark Biltz of El Shaddai Ministries concerning the 'blood moons' is notable; the tetrads of eclipses that brackets the Moedim would suggest that it is, should history prove a reliable witness. But even standing in witness, what does this remarkable event tell us?

In this sound-bite driven and micro-managed society, we languish like the pod-dwellers in the Matrix. The ancients knew the stars by name and inference; when to plant and reap, when to plan and when to feast. But today, little is known of the signs and seasons. We live the illusion, clad in avatars and electronic facades; breast fed on the glass teat and spoon-fed by the bit-stream. Meat is rare. Context is traced to the threshold of habit and habitation. But that which shelters us from the vagaries of life, shelters us from each other, the Creation and the Creator we would understand. Having sought to find and asked that it may be given, we hear the knock but dawdle at the Dalet, not fully able to personalize the prophetic nature of Pesach. Our frame of reference is not suitable to the similitude.

I invite you down the garden path, through the passageways of Gan Edhen, to the inception of Hag Pesach and the Person that is the Passover, "...the Lamb who takes away the sins of the world". But this time taken in it's proper context, not from Exodus to Execution stake, from Moshe to Messiah, but from Adam to Aliyah. For the blessings of the Redeemer, began with the curses of Adam and the ministry of the Redeemer began in the beginning, the place from which He declares the End.

In the coming weeks, I will begin a multi-part series on the thematic aspects of the Passover that will take us on an extraordinary journey through scripture, from Berashit to Brith Chadashah, from the Revelation of the Father in Torah, through to the Revelation of His Son; the Kinsman Redeemer, the Blood Avenger, "the Lamb slain from the foundations of the world". I promise bite-sized portions and digestible dialogue. Until then...

Chag Pesach Samech!​

It is my intent to post this study here, but feel free to visit and 'share' the posts as they become available! I could use your help getting this off the ground.

Thanks, and Blessings,
Phillip

HannibalFlavius

May 15, 2013
Houston
✟5,329.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I think of the moon and think of Eve and her waters.

I think of the moon turning red while thinking of the water turning red.

I think of the moons 30 day cycle and think of the cycle of a woman.

I think of the moon moving the waters of the earth as a woman would move the waters of man.

I think of Solomon as the sun, and the Shulamite as the moon, and together they have a dance. She calls out to him and they are together, but they become further and further apart. When she looks for him, he has taken his robe off and dipped his feet in water, how could he put his robe back on?

I like to think of the moon as a mirror and I am the man in the moon.

It is so hard trying to figure the real symbolism that the Moon, Earth, and sun represent, but it is something I am always trying to figure out.

The comings and goings of a marriage of the 3.

Sorry, just Rambling.

Can't wait to see your lessons!

Upvote 0

Yoseft

Veteran
Oct 1, 2013
United States
✟11,811.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Re "In this sound-bite driven and micro-managed society, we languish like the pod-dwellers in the Matrix. "

By Daniel Rendelmann

A recent study shows that nine out of ten Americans own a cellular phone and use it on a daily basis. What are people doing with them? 29% of Americans admit their mobile phone is the first and last thing they look at each day, 41% use their device in the bathroom and more than 61% admit to having "nomophobia" or the "fear of losing your cell phone." Having a cellular phone has become a part of the American experience.

Too bad people don't treat their Bibles like their cells. But, what if we carried our Bibles in pockets or purses like we do our wireless device? What if we turned back in case we forgot it, flipped through it several times each day, used it to receive messages, or had a fear of losing it?

The estimated 2.4 billion cell phone calls made each day is nothing compared to the eternal calling that rings forth from the throne of heaven.

Without the fear of overage minutes, a call goes out from heaven every second of the day. What call? YHWH is ringing you now - "Each of the four living creatures had six wings and was covered with eyes all around, even under its wings. Day and night they never stop saying: "'Holy, holy, holy is the Lord YHWH Almighty, who was, and is, and is to come," Revelation 4:8.

I await your teachings sir.

May all of us press in!
Yosef

Upvote 0

Yahudim

Y'shua HaMoshiach Messianic
Site Supporter
Sep 30, 2004
Deep in the Heart of Texas
✟152,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi Max, :wave:

No, not a bummer. I know you 'get' it too. :thumbsup: You have proven many times over that you are very knowledgeable. Thank you for chiming in.

Your generosity with your encyclopedic knowledge of all things Judaic, never ceases to amaze. I have little doubt that you have a great deal to share about the Passover. So please, feel free! I eagerly await your contribution to the discussion.

Would you like to start with a specific aspect of the Moed or give us a general overview? What do you think would work best?

Thanks,
Phillip

What a bummer, Phil is the only one who "gets" Pesach?

Upvote 0

Hoshiyya

Spenglerian
Mar 5, 2013
✟32,176.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
I think you are right about the fact that the ancients knew the stars by name and the story behind each name. We do sadly lack that knowledge. Maybe we need a thread just for the investigation on the stars and their names.

We should definetely learn from and try to be more like the ancient Israelite forefathers. The reasons for doing so are in-finite.

Hope I don't get banned from this forum for saying that, seeing it provokes so much antipathy.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MadMaxData

Believer In Yeshua HaMashiakh
Jan 25, 2014
✟15,359.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
:confused: was that reeally necessary?
Was your reply?

...its just an attention getter to an intro...'
It's inappropriate.

Would you like to start with a specific aspect of the Moed or give us a general overview? What do you think would work best?
How should I know, I don't get it? But thanks for the false flattery. From the title onward, the insults just keep rolling along.

But if you insist on an ignorant opinion, you may want to start with what the Jewish people have to say on the matter, since Pesach was given to them specifically. You can do so at Halakhah.com - Babylonian Talmud Online in English

And more specifically ~ Seder Moedim: Tractate Pesachim :)

Shalom, Max

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Was your reply?

It's inappropriate. :confused:lol how ? one would have to be hyper sensitive looking to be offended by almost anything .

How should I know, I don't get it? But thanks for the false flattery. From the title onward, the insults just keep rolling along.

But if you insist on an ignorant opinion, you may want to start with what the Jewish people have to say on the matter, since Pesach was given to them specifically. You can do so at Halakhah.com - Babylonian Talmud Online in English

Shalom, Max

shalom? you ended that with "shalom" ??? im no expert ..hardly even an amateur ..but the word contradiction comes to mind .

Upvote 0

MadMaxData

Believer In Yeshua HaMashiakh
Jan 25, 2014
✟15,359.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
shalom? you ended that with "shalom" ??? im no expert ..hardly even an amateur ..but the word contradiction comes to mind.
Yes, shalom, and the word "instigator" comes to mind. I've never been accused of being "hyper-sensitive" before, perhaps I should thank you?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
From my blog, "What He Said..." at p-s*hat.blogspot.com (you have to remove the *for the link to work).

Do you think you know the Passover? Sure you do. You've familiarized yourself with scripture and expositions authored of the anointed and notable. The Haggadah is memorized and so too, every event detail from Exodus to Execution stake, from Moshe to Messiah. You know it all by rote, right? Well, maybe not...

This Passover may very well prove to be of historic significance. The intriguing work of Pastor Mark Biltz of El Shaddai Ministries concerning the 'blood moons' is notable; the tetrads of eclipses that brackets the Moedim would suggest that it is, should history prove a reliable witness. But even standing in witness, what does this remarkable event tell us?

In this sound-bite driven and micro-managed society, we languish like the pod-dwellers in the Matrix. The ancients knew the stars by name and inference; when to plant and reap, when to plan and when to feast. But today, little is known of the signs and seasons. We live the illusion, clad in avatars and electronic facades; breast fed on the glass teat and spoon-fed by the bit-stream. Meat is rare. Context is traced to the threshold of habit and habitation. But that which shelters us from the vagaries of life, shelters us from each other, the Creation and the Creator we would understand. Having sought to find and asked that it may be given, we hear the knock but dawdle at the Dalet, not fully able to personalize the prophetic nature of Pesach. Our frame of reference is not suitable to the similitude.

I invite you down the garden path, through the passageways of Gan Edhen, to the inception of Hag Pesach and the Person that is the Passover, "...the Lamb who takes away the sins of the world". But this time taken in it's proper context, not from Exodus to Execution stake, from Moshe to Messiah, but from Adam to Aliyah. For the blessings of the Redeemer, began with the curses of Adam and the ministry of the Redeemer began in the beginning, the place from which He declares the End.

In the coming weeks, I will begin a multi-part series on the thematic aspects of the Passover that will take us on an extraordinary journey through scripture, from Berashit to Brith Chadashah, from the Revelation of the Father in Torah, through to the Revelation of His Son; the Kinsman Redeemer, the Blood Avenger, "the Lamb slain from the foundations of the world". I promise bite-sized portions and digestible dialogue. Until then...

Chag Pesach Samech!​

It is my intent to post this study here, but feel free to visit and 'share' the posts as they become available! I could use your help getting this off the ground.

Thanks, and Blessings,
Phillip
anyway..... whats the eta?

Upvote 0

Yahudim

Site Supporter
Sep 30, 2004
✟152,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi Max, or may I call you David? How about TL?

I can see how you might take this the wrong way. You have taken every post of mine as an attack on traditional Judaism, but this is not the case. I am merely pointing out the teachings of Messiah Y'shua as they apply to these topics in the context of Messianic Judaism. Traditional Judaism is another subject entirely. I don't think that you appreciate the difference because I haven't been as clear as I should have been.

In my blog post on Rabbinic Authority, I added the following note;
Note: After this article was written and published in its original form; in the course of casual conversation, it was pointed out to me by some of my Jewish friends that this concept might be construed as anti Judaic and anti-Semitic. I could see their point. The entirety of Jewish community life is founded on the rabbinical system of religious and secular jurisprudence. An attack against the rabbinate IS an attack against the traditional Jewish community. But that is not what this article is about.

This article is about the instruction Messiah gave to His talmidim in the context of their role in the governance of Messianic Judaism. In this discourse Messiah criticized certain aspects of the governance Israel as it had to do with religious observance and the Elders personal enrichment at the expense of others. He warned them what was going to happen because of it. But He also counseled His talmidim to obey them when they were acting in the capacity as the lawful governing body of Judea. Because of these developments, I added this note and a clarification at the end of this article:

I hope this clarifies my remarks to the point where we can proceed without the acrimony that has characterized our past exchanges.

*snip*

Shalom, Max

Upvote 0

Yahudim

Site Supporter
Sep 30, 2004
✟152,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi Michael,

Here is the first paragraph of the new post:

I was loathe to discover that much of my original research on this topic has been lost. So this would not be the easy cut-n-paste and quick edit that I had anticipated. However, in the past when I have lost studies and teachings, the process of rediscovery and research has been deeply rewarding. While this may take longer to assemble and publish than I thought, the vision of it remains.
Sorry for the delay. I'm working on it. I think sometime in the next couple of days (or weeks). Thanks for asking. I'll do my best to speed it up!
anyway..... whats the eta?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Yahudim

Site Supporter
Sep 30, 2004
✟152,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi! It's me and I'm back! :wave:

It's been a busy week so far, which beats the Dickens out of the alternative. Anyway, from my blog, "What He Said..." at p-s*hat.blogspot.com (you have to remove the *for the link to work), I finally posted the 1st installment of the Passover articles I promised. The post is called, "A Passover Perspective".

This isn't the typical Passover analysis, but I hope you like it. Please leave a comment or do a CnP to a reply in this thread. If you choose to click 'follow', you'll get updates when comments or new blog posts are published.

This post lays the groundwork for the articles that are to follow. Hopefully, I'll have them all posted before the actual event arrives. Hag Pesach Samech chaverim!

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi! It's me and I'm back! :wave:

It's been a busy week so far, which beats the Dickens out of the alternative. Anyway, from my blog, "What He Said..." at p-s*hat.blogspot.com (you have to remove the *for the link to work), I finally posted the 1st installment of the Passover articles I promised. The post is called, "A Passover Perspective".

This isn't the typical Passover analysis, but I hope you like it. Please leave a comment or do a CnP to a reply in this thread. If you choose to click 'follow', you'll get updates when comments or new blog posts are published.

This post lays the groundwork for the articles that are to follow. Hopefully, I'll have them all posted before the actual event arrives. Hag Pesach Samech chaverim!

thanks for the update .. http://p-s*hat.blogspot.co.nz/2014/03/a-passover-perspective.html (no Asterix *) unfortunate name that ..heh;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0