Why we are all going to die.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Constantine said:
Yes, it will be President Bush's fault when we run out of oil in the distant future. Yup, it always ends up his fault.

Personally, I think we'll find away around oil. I don't think all those (forgive my bad terminology) scientist are sitting in their offices thinking that we have a never-ending supply of oil. We're humans, we'll find ways around it. :)
No, Bush is not supporting alernatives, because he is in oil.......(or his family). But of course it is not only his fault.......we are all to blame (we drive cars, use fuel to heat our homes and so on...)! We have ways around oil, but people are making too much money with oil and have too much power...the scientists want alternative fuels....the oil companies not....

Upvote 0

oldrooster

Thank You Jerry
Apr 4, 2004
Salt lake City, Utah
✟8,141.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Key Peninsula Redneck said:
So do you actually have public transportation where you're at?
Our bus and light rail service are really good......I live on the fringe of SLC, so it really does not serve us well. I would be happy to ride my bike, it would take an hour to get to work......

Upvote 0

Aduro Amnis

Self-proclaimed reincarnation of Eugene V. Debs
Dec 21, 2003
Arkansas
Visit site
✟17,220.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Others
PollyAnna said:
I'm sure God will provide our needs, whatever they may be in 2010.

Matthew 6:34 - "Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Let the day's own trouble be sufficient for the day."
I'm sorry, the fate of man is this time in mans hands.

Upvote 0

psychedelicist

aka the Akhashic Record Player
Aug 9, 2004
McKinney, Texas
✟18,251.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
In Relationship
oldrooster said:
Our bus and light rail service are really good......I live on the fringe of SLC, so it really does not serve us well. I would be happy to ride my bike, it would take an hour to get to work......

It takes me 1 1/2 hours to get to school on a bike... I still do that anyways. Savres money on gas, car payments, insurance, gives you good excersise, saves the environment (not really since you got 4 billion other people still driving, but still, its the thought that counts), and I'm sure there are other reasons I'm forgetting.

Upvote 0

psychedelicist

aka the Akhashic Record Player
Aug 9, 2004
McKinney, Texas
✟18,251.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
In Relationship
Aduro Amnis said:
PollyAnna said:

Matthew 6:34 - "Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Let the day's own trouble be sufficient for the day."

Agreed. No offense PollyAnna, but that kind of thinking is probably part of the reason that we are in this situation. People are thinking "oh well, we'll find a way out of this (or god will) sometime in the future, so why worry about it?" It is important to remember, with that type of thinking, that if there IS no God, we are all screwed for thinking that way, because now there is no way out.

Upvote 0

Constantine

The Good Fight
Aug 16, 2004
Vancouver Washington
Visit site
✟698.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Aduro Amnis said:
I'm sorry man, but if you call yourself a Christian (I'm not question you're faith) you should always feel good that your life is in God's hands. God has his hand in everything, and is always working. Of course, that could mean that oil could run out in the future, but that's God's work, because when He created the earth he knew how much oil there would be and when we'd run out. Never will our fate or future be in our hands, I don't think God decided that at some point we'd have controll. :)

(oh, and thanks Mimi for clearing up my misunderstanding :thumbsup: )

Upvote 0
K

Key Peninsula Redneck

oldrooster said:

Out here, the light rail does not come within 15 miles of where I live. The bus service is pretty bad, and the light rail that has been built was a money sinkhole.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BobbieDog

Jul 12, 2004
✟2,373.00
Faith
Other Religion
God and man kinda work together.

Not God-who-we-wait-to-do-things-for-us sort of God: but God-in-whom-we-can-shift-mountains sort of God.

Cycling 1.5hrs to work is just such mountain shifting in my book: as is seeing how we could live less oil dependently; as is seeing new technological possibilities.

There is a hell of a mountain wound up and ready to crash down, in this oil dependence/depletion spring: we could get a lot of help in shifting that mountain if we and God do work together.

For example: if we can crack what sees peace in Jerusalem, what sees resolution between Muslim, Jew and Christian; then we might just bring enough God on line, to crack this oil problem.

Divided, and perverting God to fight over Jerusalem, then maybe we might just weaken ourselves enough, to suffer some sort of death over this.

Upvote 0

PollyAnna

Saved By Grace
Dec 5, 2003
Michigan
Visit site
✟15,385.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I agree we are all free to make decisions concerning this world. I don't believe God put a limited amount of oil on this earth and then waits for us to die. Obviously, if we die from running out of oil (which I doubt will happen but if we do so what?) then that is God's plan. This thread seems to presume that we even know where ALL the oil is in this world. Besides, if the lack of oil doesn't kill us the gang downtown will or a million other things. When it's our time, it's our time and I don't believe there's anything any of us can do to extend it. I'm not afraid to die, are you? I believe God will take care of me always and in all circumstances. If you don't believe that for your life, that's ok too. The world would be a boring place if we all believed the same thing. :hug:

The title of the thread is "why we're all going to die", and then we come in here to discover it's b/c of lack of oil in a few years? The truth is, if we had all the oil we could possibly need, we'd all STILL die. It's the cycle of life, that's why we're all going to die. Not lack of oil.

Upvote 0
PollyAnna said:

I hope it truly, but he also gave us free will and at this point, we must think ahead and of the future generations.....

Upvote 0

Constantine

The Good Fight
Aug 16, 2004
Vancouver Washington
Visit site
✟698.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Aduro Amnis said:
God let 12 million people die, and he let a third of Europe die in the Dark Ages, no things are quite in our hands and we must thwart off all things that tempt to ruin humanity and God's creation.
Sorry, but nothing is in our hands, if you look at this verse (I forgot the passage, I will post it tomorrow) it says we're in God's hands. He works in so many people and things (who might not even know it themselves) that God is doing a constant work in everything. He is alway working in our lives, to make it better for us, and to guide us in the path He wants us to go. How is it up to us if God made the Black Death happen in Medieval Europe? How do you think people got over it or it left? He chose the exact time and place the Black Death/Plauge would happen, and how long it would last, and what it would do. God really does controll alot more than we think and know. God didn't create us humans and step back and just watch us do stuff till we live out our pathetic lives.

So no, nothing much really is in our hands.:)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BobbieDog

Jul 12, 2004
✟2,373.00
Faith
Other Religion
Aduro Amnis said:
God let 12 million people die, and he let a third of Europe die in the Dark Ages, no things are quite in our hands and we must thwart off all things that tempt to ruin humanity and God's creation.
"thwart off"
That is a delightful construction Aduro.

Upvote 0

Western Deity

you know how it is
Feb 22, 2004
✟5,081.00
Faith
Seeker
I figure God is a guy who lets seemingly bad stuff happen because he doesn't like micromanagement. He is proud of his creation that is self-sufficient; he lets us go through the "bad times" because he takes pride in our ability to bounce back. I'm not sure if God will help us if we fail; he might just be ashamed and start working on the next civilisation. Of course this violates the idea that God is always right, but it is rather evident that he makes mistakes occasionally ;).

Upvote 0
I think it is quite egocentric to think that God will save us anyway. We are part of nature, whether you believe that nature is there because of creation or evolution. And we must realize that the next generations have the right to live in a healthy environment with all the benefits we have (in the western world of course....I believe ALL human beings have the right to our way of life....). Where is the respect, love and compassion for each other and all other living organisms? Is this the way Christians really think....We can go on using up fuel, poluting the earth and so on...God will save us.....God is not NUTS!!!! He won't do that...

Reactions: crimedog
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.