United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hi everyone,

I’d like to ask the community a “why” question.As the title states,that’s my question,I’ve always wondered,though I never pay attention to any of his legacies and ignore everything he stood for,why was Stephen hawking so mean to us Christians?,why did he selfishly try to destroy us Christians faith in our only hope in this world?,what made him so cold against us?

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟731,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hi everyone,

I’d like to ask the community a “why” question.As the title states,that’s my question,I’ve always wondered,though I never pay attention to any of his legacies and ignore everything he stood for,why was Stephen hawking so mean to us Christians?,why did he selfishly try to destroy us Christians faith in our only hope in this world?,what made him so cold against us?

Could be (not saying it is/was) related to his condition .... ie if there is a god then why am I like this ????? or if there is a god, why is there pain and suffering in the world.

and this question in one's mind is not exclusive to atheists .... some christians ask the same questions.

Those who are tied to the material (evolution theory) difficult for them to think otherwise .... those tied to the spiritual .... difficult for them to think otherwise.

although one may cross over to the other at any time or try to meld the two .... it is difficult to relate to one another ... will continue to be that way ... because they are radically opposed views. (both are extreme views)

Basically they can't see beyond the physical/material ... until by the grace of God they do and that does happen sometimes ... Thank the Lord!

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟574,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think such intellectuals see Christianity, and in fact all theistic religions, and being counterproductive to what they consider the most important goals of humanity. As with most political people, they see their ideology as their saving "faith." Granted they would claim that what they promote is not political or religious. I beg to differ. They are both. Current events in the area of gender have proven that science is corrupt. Despite massive scientific evidence to the contrary, science as a whole has refused to deny this flat earth religion. When it comes to creationism they complain loud and long about the non-scientific nature of the evidence. But when a PC topic is presented, they are strangely silent. They are afraid of the political ramifications of speaking the truth about physiology, biology, and genetics. All of which soundly refute these new "sciences" (falsely called). Yes, they are human just like the rest of us and subject to the same prejudices and fears. We have to be bigger than that and have compassion on the deceived. :pray:

Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟158,062.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi everyone,

The man rejected God. If a person rejects God they most times unknowingly (a few are outright Satanists) becomes Satan's puppet. Not that he believed in Satan either, but Satan doesn't care if he is believed in or not. You are either for God or for Satan.
John 8:44
44 You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

• Agree
Reactions: Blaise N
Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟873,953.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hi everyone,

Was he mean to Christians? I never got that sense. Do you have a source? I know he wasn't a Christian and I believe he did deny the existence of God. All of that doesn't equate to him being mean to Christians, does it?

Upvote 0

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟293,186.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
why was Stephen hawking so mean to us Christians?

I don't recall him being mean... he kind of got the fuzzy end of the lollipop though in terms of physical health, don't you think? Probably someone told him to "rejoice and be glad in it"? It's not the sort of thing you say "thank you" for.

The movie was pretty good, but I don't know how reflective it was of his views, I haven't spent a lot of time looking into them. I'm pretty sure he did better than I would have in his shoes.

Er... chair.

• Informative
Upvote 0

Buzzard3

Jan 31, 2022
Forster
✟41,968.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Liberals
Hi everyone,
Perhaps because he was imitating his father, the devil.

If memory serves, he said people believe in God because they're "afraid of the dark". Well, maybe he, an atheist, didn't believe in God because he was afraid of the light.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟574,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The question has always occurred to me about atheists. Why do they care? What is the point of attacking people who openly state that what they hold is a faith? You are not going to talk them out of it. If anything, attacking them just hardens their stance. If you do not believe, then don't. Put Christians on ignore and go on your way. Why waste your time?

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Trusting in Him

Oct 25, 2021
Devon
✟49,590.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I've noticed that atheists often make a special point of attacking the gospel, or trying to convince Christians that they are right and that Christians are wrong. Some even study the bible, looking for portions in the bible to demonstrate their theories of why they won't believe the bible. Most strange!

It's extremely difficult to persuade atheists to accept the Lord. My aunt was a nurse and told me that atheists, who are dying in hospital are desparate to believe in God and are very frightened of going to a lost eternity. She told me that very few atheists, die in hospital as atheists!

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟574,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I suspect there are many atheists who actually believe in God, but are just mad at him and so they are running away just to try and get God to react.
God has reacted. It is called the gospel.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Trusting in Him

Oct 25, 2021
Devon
✟49,590.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It seems to me that you either choose to accept God. or reject Him! There does not seem to be another choice. Even if you are interested in looking into the things of God, sooner, or later there will come a time when you have to decide, one way, or the other. Eventually we either accept His Lordship over us, or we completely reject Him. It's salvation, or damnation and we get to choose and God does not compel us! It's our free choice!

• Agree
Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟158,062.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I suspect there are many atheists who actually believe in God, but are just mad at him and so they are running away just to try and get God to react.
God has reacted. It is called the gospel.

They claim they want evidence. They want some kind of miracle done in front of them. This is the reaction that want. Well the Israelite's had many miracles done in front of them, still didn't stop them melting down gold to make a calf so I highly doubt a miracle would make any difference.
It's all about the religion of self, which is what true satanism actually is. Christianity is denial of self, because God is now in charge. I mean he always was, but they can fool themselves during this life that they are in charge.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Buzzard3

Jan 31, 2022
Forster
✟41,968.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Liberals
They claim they want evidence
For some atheists, no amount of evidence will turn them into believers. They simply don't want God to exist, so they simply reject any evidence that God does exist. They aren't interested in the truth ... they prefer self-delusion.

Upvote 0

Trusting in Him

Oct 25, 2021
Devon
✟49,590.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
When people cease to believe in God, the don't stop in believing in something, but will almost believe in anything no matter how rediculous it may sound to you and me. Choosing to reject and to hate God, only leads on way and it's often into demonic things and quite possibly a lost eternity! We don't know how blessed with are to belong too God!

Reactions: Buzzard3
Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟574,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's really strange. You just can't make this stuff up and it sure don't necessarily make much sense either!
I think the concept of a real, living God is a scary notion for religious folks. Meeting the living God is surly an intimidating thing. Realizing it is not just words and dogma. He is alive!
I sometimes wonder how many miracles He works in our lives and we are just unaware. How would you know He saved you from an impending doom that then does not happen?

Reactions: Buzzard3
Upvote 0