Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟376,119.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
It’s just they let others have classified documents without charging them and the explanation is that Trump didn’t cooperate, which is obstruction
Do you understand that they didn't let anyone have it. They requested it back and all the other people returned the documents.
Trump refused, unlike everyone else. He was different. His response was different so he was treated different.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟310,801.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Looking at the problems in sitting a jury, I wonder whether trump will ever get to trial. With jurors pulling out due to the unprecedented media scrutiny and attacks there is every chance this trial will collapse.
Every commentator I have heard is surprised that they now have a full jury and that alternates may be fully selected tomorrow.

Reactions: Goonie
Upvote 0

A2SG

Gumby
Jun 17, 2008
Massachusetts
✟102,380.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Sounds like he should have been charged with obstruction then

It’s just they let others have classified documents without charging them and the explanation is that Trump didn’t cooperate, which is obstruction

Trump has been charged with obstruction (specifically, conspiracy to obstruct justice, since he involved others in the act):

Trump is charged separately for each of 32 documents under the Espionage Act.[13][14] The other eight charges against him include making false statements and engaging in a conspiracy to obstruct justice. The most serious charges against Trump and Nauta carry a maximum penalty of 20 years in prison. There are no mandatory minimum penalties.

-- A2SG, so we're clear on this now?

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟149,428.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you understand that they didn't let anyone have it. They requested it back and all the other people returned the documents.
Trump refused, unlike everyone else. He was different. His response was different so he was treated different.

Bill Clinton didn’t return the tapes

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟149,428.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Trump has been charged with obstruction (specifically, conspiracy to obstruct justice, since he involved others in the act):

Trump is charged separately for each of 32 documents under the Espionage Act.[13][14] The other eight charges against him include making false statements and engaging in a conspiracy to obstruct justice. The most serious charges against Trump and Nauta carry a maximum penalty of 20 years in prison. There are no mandatory minimum penalties.

-- A2SG, so we're clear on this now?
Yeah. Let’s get back on topic

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟376,119.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Bill Clinton didn’t return the tapes
And here's why it's different....yet again.

Clinton’s sock drawer case not equal to Trump documents case

IF YOUR TIME IS SHORT​

• President Bill Clinton was interviewed by a historian while he was in office. Clinton kept the audiotapes in his sock drawer.
  • Judicial Watch, a conservative group, asked the court in 2010 to declare the tapes presidential records under the Presidential Records Act. The group wanted the National Archives to assume custody of the tapes and put them in the Clinton presidential library.
  • U.S. District Court Judge Amy Berman Jackson ruled against Judicial Watch. She wrote that the act distinguishes official presidential records from personal records.
I can't believe you compared those two situations as well

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,449,762.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Trump's out of court room behavior bites him again. His lawyers asked the prosecution who would be the first witnesses called (which may occur as early as Monday)...a request the prosecution would normally provide....

"Assistant District Attorney Joshua Steinglass noted that Trump made social media posts about several potential witnesses, which prosecutors say violated the judge's gag order.

"What if I commit to the court that President Trump will not" post Truth posts about witnesses, Blanche says," Tyler McBrien of Lawfare tweeted.

"I don't think you can make that representation," [Judge] Merchan replies.

"We're not telling him who the witnesses are," Steinglass said, according to reports.

"I can't fault them for that," Merchan replied, noting he would not order the prosecution to turn over a witness list.

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟149,428.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟376,119.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
I’m done with this. Trump does stupid things sometimes but the overzealous prosecution is helping him. It gave him the nomination over better candidates and it’s on track to give him the presidency
If he gets convicted on this can he arill be President?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟376,119.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
I’m done with this. Trump does stupid things sometimes but the overzealous prosecution is helping him.
Trump has actually gotten kit glove treatment, I'd say. The number of times he has disrespected the court and disobeyed judge instruction without punishment is not something any pleb would have been able to get away with.
It gave him the nomination
Pffft. No it didn't. His supporters gave him the nomination.

over better candidates and it’s on track to give him the presidency
I agree with the first half, but I'm not convinced of the second.

• Agree
Reactions: A2SG
Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟149,428.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Trump has actually gotten kit glove treatment, I'd say. The number of times he has disrespected the court and disobeyed judge instruction without punishment is not something any pleb would have been able to get away with.

Pffft. No it didn't. His supporters gave him the nomination.

I agree with the first half, but I'm not convinced of the second.
The unprecedented fine, the number of indictments, and the bond on the appeal don’t indicate kid glove treatment.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟310,801.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
The unprecedented fine, the number of indictments, and the bond on the appeal don’t indicate kid glove treatment.

He's out O.R. and there is only one indictment and no bonds in this case. None of your complaints have anything to do with this case.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟149,428.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He's out O.R. and there is only one indictment and no bonds in this case. None of your complaints have anything to do with this case.
The post I was addressing was about more than the current case,

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟376,119.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
As mentioned, the number of times he broke judge's orders without ending up in prison is not something plebs would receive.

The "number of indictments" would be irrelevant but I could see why the other two seem.....excessive.

Reactions: BPPLEE
Upvote 0