United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
People who endure to the end are saved

Some people believe they are saved, however if they turn from the commandments they are not saved:

(New Testament | 2 Peter 2:20 - 22)

20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.
21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.
22 But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.

That is a totally different thing than being saved by our works, which we are not. We are saved by grace, we keep the commandments because we are saved, not in order to be saved. Some people think that if they just keep the commandments, they will be saved. Again, that is salvation by works and will not get you anything:

Luk 18:21 And he said, All these have I kept from my youth up.
Luk 18:23 And when he heard this, he was very sorrowful: for he was very rich.
Luk 18:24 And when Jesus saw that he was very sorrowful, he said, How hardly shall they that have riches enter into the kingdom of God!
Luk 18:25 For it is easier for a camel to go through a needle's eye, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

We've been through this over and over and over. And that is why the BOM is written in KJ English? That is the Op, in case you forgot.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
The people I know see this as a NDE.

There is not one word there to indicate that the person involved had an NDE. You must know only people as confused about the bible as you are. It says what this was:

2Co 12:1 It is not expedient for me doubtless to glory. I will come to visions and revelations of the Lord.
2Co 12:2 I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) such an one caught up to the third heaven.

And what is your point about NDE's? Is this another reason why the BOM is written in the King's English?
Or just because you have no real reason for this to be so and anything will do for a rabbit whole?

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Married
That is a totally different thing than being saved by our works, which we are not. We are saved by grace, we keep the commandments because we are saved, not in order to be saved. Some people think that if they just keep the commandments, they will be saved. Again, that is salvation by works and will not get you anything:

Luk 18:21 And he said, All these have I kept from my youth up.
Luk 18:23 And when he heard this, he was very sorrowful: for he was very rich.
Luk 18:24 And when Jesus saw that he was very sorrowful, he said, How hardly shall they that have riches enter into the kingdom of God!
Luk 18:25 For it is easier for a camel to go through a needle's eye, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

We've been through this over and over and over. And that is why the BOM is written in KJ English? That is the Op, in case you forgot.
We have been through this umpteen times and there are people who still do not understand the doctrine. This is the part that tells us what we need to do to have eternal life:

(New Testament | Luke 18:17 - 21)

17 Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child shall in no wise enter therein.
18 And a certain ruler asked him, saying, Good Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?
19 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? none is good, save one, that is, God.
20 Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Honour thy father and thy mother.
21 And he said, All these have I kept from my youth up.

And again:

(New Testament | Luke 10:25 - 28)

25 ¶ And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?
26 He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou?
27 And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.
28 And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live.

Jesus did NOT say become a Christian and believe in me and you will have eternal life. However He did say this:

(New Testament | John 14:15 - 17)

15 ¶ If ye love me, keep my commandments.
16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

He also said:

(New Testament | John 14:21)

21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

If God did not want the Bible and the Book of Mormon written in the King James English He would have changed it.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
We have been through this umpteen times and there are people who still do not understand the doctrine. This is the part that tells us what we need to do to have eternal life:

(New Testament | Luke 18:17 - 21)

17 Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child shall in no wise enter therein.
18 And a certain ruler asked him, saying, Good Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?
19 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? none is good, save one, that is, God.
20 Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Honour thy father and thy mother.
21 And he said, All these have I kept from my youth up.

And again:

(New Testament | Luke 10:25 - 28)

25 ¶ And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?
26 He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou?
27 And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.
28 And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live.

Jesus did NOT say become a Christian and believe in me and you will have eternal life. However He did say this:

(New Testament | John 14:15 - 17)

15 ¶ If ye love me, keep my commandments.
16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

He also said:

(New Testament | John 14:21)

21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

If God did not want the Bible and the Book of Mormon written in the King James English He would have changed it.

Yes, we've been through this umpteen times and still you refuse to comprehend what happened between Jesus and this man!! You then change the subject---something you are soooo very fond of doing---and go on to other passages which have nothing to do with what the whole story of the young man and Jesus!!!
The man said he kept all the commandments:

Mar 10:20 And he answered and said unto him, Master, all these have I observed from my youth.
Mar 10:21 Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him, One thing thou lackest: go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, take up the cross, and follow me.
Mar 10:22 And he was sad at that saying, and went away grieved: for he had great possessions.
Mar 10:23 And Jesus looked round about, and saith unto his disciples, How hardly shall they that have riches enter into the kingdom of God!

Even thopugh he kept all the commandments---His heart was still with his money and not with God. His commandment keeping had done nothing for his salvation!! He walked away sorrowful, for he would not give up all his riches and follow Christ!! You constantly mix uop about 2-3 different stories-[--the styory is about the rich young man and all his commandment keeping. Good works and commandment keeping can not save you if your heart is not fully with God!! God judges the heart FROM WHICH THE ACTIONS SPRING FORTH. If they spring forth from just getting into heaven, you won't get there---it must come from the heart of love for God. That is what you all can not comprehend, the good deeds and commandment keeping are not in order to be saved, but because you love the Lord and are saved. Anything else, you will hear this:

Mat 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Mat 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
Mat 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

AND WHAT HAS THIS TO DO WITH WHY THE BOM IS WRITTEN IN THE KINGS ENGLISH??

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Yes, we've been through this umpteen times and still you refuse to comprehend what happened between Jesus and this man!! You then change the subject---something you are soooo very fond of doing---and go on to other passages which have nothing to do with what the whole story of the young man and Jesus!!!
The man said he kept all the commandments:

Mar 10:20 And he answered and said unto him, Master, all these have I observed from my youth.
Mar 10:21 Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him, One thing thou lackest: go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, take up the cross, and follow me.
Mar 10:22 And he was sad at that saying, and went away grieved: for he had great possessions.
Mar 10:23 And Jesus looked round about, and saith unto his disciples, How hardly shall they that have riches enter into the kingdom of God!

Even thopugh he kept all the commandments---His heart was still with his money and not with God. His commandment keeping had done nothing for his salvation!! He walked away sorrowful, for he would not give up all his riches and follow Christ!! You constantly mix uop about 2-3 different stories-[--the styory is about the rich young man and all his commandment keeping. Good works and commandment keeping can not save you if your heart is not fully with God!! God judges the heart FROM WHICH THE ACTIONS SPRING FORTH. If they spring forth from just getting into heaven, you won't get there---it must come from the heart of love for God. That is what you all can not comprehend, the good deeds and commandment keeping are not in order to be saved, but because you love the Lord and are saved. Anything else, you will hear this:

Mat 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Mat 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
Mat 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

AND WHAT HAS THIS TO DO WITH WHY THE BOM IS WRITTEN IN THE KINGS ENGLISH??
As I said: "If God did not want the Bible and the Book of Mormon written in the King James English He would have changed it."

Did you read that far? Did the rich man truly LOVE his neighbor or did he LOVE riches more? We know that keeping the commandments of LOVE will give us eternal life.

You said: "Good works and commandment keeping can not save you if your heart is not fully with God!! God judges the heart FROM WHICH THE ACTIONS SPRING FORTH. If they spring forth from just getting into heaven, you won't get there---it must come from the heart of love for God. That is what you all can not comprehend, the good deeds and commandment keeping are not in order to be saved, but because you love the Lord and are saved.

I wonder if you understand what the commandments are saying.

(Old Testament | Deuteronomy 6:5)

5 And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.

Then you say it is not commandment keeping but LOVING the Lord. That makes NO sense.

Jesus said we need to LOVE our neighbor too:

(Old Testament | Leviticus 19:18)

18 ¶ Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD.

We can't LOVE God and not LOVE our neighbor too:

(New Testament | 1 John 4:20 - 21)

20 If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?
21 And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also.

Upvote 0

Hrairoo

Prayerfully Searching
Aug 30, 2020
New York
✟14,563.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
It was written in King James English because that is the style of the Bible and what better way to sell it as a companion piece? You wouldn't buy a sequel of an English book in Latin, would you? You'd want it to sound and carry just like the first book.

1. The use of thee and thou is inconsistent in the BoM, as if someone(oop! Possibly God?) was unfamiliar with the words and thought they were interchangeable with "you".

2. The original 1830 version of the BoM had a lot of errors typical with Joseph Smith's American New England accent. They took out a lot of "a" grammatical errors, despite the fact that we're taught, as he was translating, this process was so sacred and exacting, that Joseph Smith would not be able to move on to the next words and phrases unless what Oliver Cowdery wrote down was correct. So, Joseph read aloud from the seer stone then before moving on to the next words or sentence, Oliver would read what he'd written down aloud, to confirm it was right. I read the 1830 BoM. I guess in addition to the "sophisticated" thee and thou used improperly, God also wanted his great work to sound like this:

“as I was a journeying” (249; Alma 10:7; 8:10); “Lamanitish
servants a going forth” (271; Alma 17:26; 12:38), “a preaching” (284; Alma
21:11; 13:15), “a begging” (309; Alma 30:56; 6:72)

Absolutely! Send it to the printing press! Get it covered and bound! My great work and my glory!

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
As I said: "If God did not want the Bible and the Book of Mormon written in the King James English He would have changed it."

Did you read that far? Did the rich man truly LOVE his neighbor or did he LOVE riches more? We know that keeping the commandments of LOVE will give us eternal life.

You said: "Good works and commandment keeping can not save you if your heart is not fully with God!! God judges the heart FROM WHICH THE ACTIONS SPRING FORTH. If they spring forth from just getting into heaven, you won't get there---it must come from the heart of love for God. That is what you all can not comprehend, the good deeds and commandment keeping are not in order to be saved, but because you love the Lord and are saved.

I wonder if you understand what the commandments are saying.

(Old Testament | Deuteronomy 6:5)

5 And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.

Then you say it is not commandment keeping but LOVING the Lord. That makes NO sense.

Jesus said we need to LOVE our neighbor too:

(Old Testament | Leviticus 19:18)

18 ¶ Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD.

We can't LOVE God and not LOVE our neighbor too:

(New Testament | 1 John 4:20 - 21)

20 If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?
21 And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also.

I definitely know what the commandments say, apparently you still do not, and I believe we need to keep them---not to be saved---as I've said over and over---but because we are saved. When you love you do whatever makes God and others happy. As you have been shown, the young man kept the commandments, but still needed ONE MORE THING, to give up his riches which he would not do and walked away sorrowfully. It is obvious that we can keep the commandments and still be lost---but you can not get into heaven unrepentantly breaking them. You refuse to accept what Jesus said and wish to harp on what JS says is the correct way to interpret this passage.

As for the topic of this thread---I like what post #307 said. It had nothing to do with what God said, but what JS wanted to say and how he wanted to say it---God would not have needed to be corrected. He knows English better than anyone on earth---Modern and King James and even earlier.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Married
I definitely know what the commandments say, apparently you still do not, and I believe we need to keep them---not to be saved---as I've said over and over---but because we are saved. When you love you do whatever makes God and others happy. As you have been shown, the young man kept the commandments, but still needed ONE MORE THING, to give up his riches which he would not do and walked away sorrowfully. It is obvious that we can keep the commandments and still be lost---but you can not get into heaven unrepentantly breaking them. You refuse to accept what Jesus said and wish to harp on what JS says is the correct way to interpret this passage.

As for the topic of this thread---I like what post #307 said. It had nothing to do with what God said, but what JS wanted to say and how he wanted to say it---God would not have needed to be corrected. He knows English better than anyone on earth---Modern and King James and even earlier.
It was NOT one more thing, it was learning to LOVE his neighbor properly. Charity is an important part of LOVEING one's neighbor:

(New Testament | 1 Corinthians 13:1 - 7)

1 THOUGH I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.
2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.
3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.
4 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,
5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;
6 Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;
7 Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

We should pray in King James English. God wanted the Book of Mormon in the King James English.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
It was NOT one more thing, it was learning to LOVE his neighbor properly. Charity is an important part of LOVEING one's neighbor:

(New Testament | 1 Corinthians 13:1 - 7)

1 THOUGH I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.
2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.
3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.
4 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,
5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;
6 Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;
7 Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

We should pray in King James English. God wanted the Book of Mormon in the King James English.

Look, you can twist this into however many knots you want.

HE KEPT THE COMMANDMENTS!!
Jesus said he needed to give all his money away, and follow Jesus. Jesus does not ask everyone to give away everything they have, He does advocate giving to others. This man was told he needed to give EVERYTHING HE HAD AWAY AND FOLLOW CHRIST.
This was not about charity and loving others---this was about this man's heart---it was on his money and not on Christ. He did what he was supposed to, but he did not put God first. Anyway you dice this, you can be lost while keeping all the commandments if your goal is receiving the gifts of God and not having God 1st in your heart. Now---this is the last thing I am going to say on this. You obviously are not going to see what Jesus has to say and only care about what JS says this means. This alone is proof enough he is a false prophet.

God knows every language there is. No Chinese has to pray in the KJ English, nor do those who speak Spanish, German, Hindi or ghetto slang---they pray to God in whatever language they know. This is the real God we are talking about, not that weak, ineffectual god of JS! Again, God had nothing to do with the BOM, it was what JS wanted. Any true prophet of God writes in his own language at the time he had his conversation with the Lord. If God were to speak with some Egyptian now, He would not be speaking to Him in Ancient Egyptian, but in modern Egyptian. Same no matter whom He would speak to. He'd speak to a Chinese in modern use of Chinese, not some ancient Chinese no longer used. Again, one more proof that the BOM is not of God.

• Agree
Reactions: Hrairoo
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Look, you can twist this into however many knots you want.

HE KEPT THE COMMANDMENTS!!
Jesus said he needed to give all his money away, and follow Jesus. Jesus does not ask everyone to give away everything they have, He does advocate giving to others. This man was told he needed to give EVERYTHING HE HAD AWAY AND FOLLOW CHRIST.
This was not about charity and loving others---this was about this man's heart---it was on his money and not on Christ. He did what he was supposed to, but he did not put God first. Anyway you dice this, you can be lost while keeping all the commandments if your goal is receiving the gifts of God and not having God 1st in your heart. Now---this is the last thing I am going to say on this. You obviously are not going to see what Jesus has to say and only care about what JS says this means. This alone is proof enough he is a false prophet.

God knows every language there is. No Chinese has to pray in the KJ English, nor do those who speak Spanish, German, Hindi or ghetto slang---they pray to God in whatever language they know. This is the real God we are talking about, not that weak, ineffectual god of JS! Again, God had nothing to do with the BOM, it was what JS wanted. Any true prophet of God writes in his own language at the time he had his conversation with the Lord. If God were to speak with some Egyptian now, He would not be speaking to Him in Ancient Egyptian, but in modern Egyptian. Same no matter whom He would speak to. He'd speak to a Chinese in modern use of Chinese, not some ancient Chinese no longer used. Again, one more proof that the BOM is not of God.
The apostles gave up all that they had and followed Jesus out of LOVE. The rich man could have done as he was told, but he didn't truly LOVE his neighbor. Neither did the rich man help Lazarus. Only one Samaritan had compassion and helped his neighbor. Charity is LOVE.

God does know every language. God decided to give Joseph Smith the Book of Mormon in the King James English. Joseph Smith dictated it to his scribes in 65 working days when he was 23 years old in the King James English. This is a feat that was a marvelous work and a wonder. I know that God is powerful enough to make Gods out of His children.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
The apostles gave up all that they had and followed Jesus out of LOVE. The rich man could have done as he was told, but he didn't truly LOVE his neighbor. Neither did the rich man help Lazarus. Only one Samaritan had compassion and helped his neighbor. Charity is LOVE.

God does know every language. God decided to give Joseph Smith the Book of Mormon in the King James English. Joseph Smith dictated it to his scribes in 65 working days when he was 23 years old in the King James English. This is a feat that was a marvelous work and a wonder. I know that God is powerful enough to make Gods out of His children.

He loved enough, just not all the way. He would only part with enough to be called charitable, but not enough to give it all up for God. Even though he kept all the commandments, it was not enough.

But God did not give to JS the BOM. That is why it is written in a dead language that no one was actually using outside the KJV. I do not care how old he was or how long it took---nothing compared to some others. God is pretty consistent about what He does. He talks to His prophets in whatever language they understand. They writer it down in the language and in the culture they are in. He has already stated that He alone is God and there were non before Him and none after Him. So---no---there will be no other Gods. Gods are not made, not created. That is why they are Gods. If, anyone is not happy with being with God and His Son throughout eternity surrounded by unimaginable wealth and beauty---then they will not be there. He wants only those who want only Him. If, like Lucifer, they want to be God---they will join him. There is only ONE GOD---FATHER, SON AND HOLY SPIRIT.
Anyone that thinks this is not enough for them, will end up with nothing at all.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Married
He loved enough, just not all the way. He would only part with enough to be called charitable, but not enough to give it all up for God. Even though he kept all the commandments, it was not enough.

But God did not give to JS the BOM. That is why it is written in a dead language that no one was actually using outside the KJV. I do not care how old he was or how long it took---nothing compared to some others. God is pretty consistent about what He does. He talks to His prophets in whatever language they understand. They writer it down in the language and in the culture they are in. He has already stated that He alone is God and there were non before Him and none after Him. So---no---there will be no other Gods. Gods are not made, not created. That is why they are Gods. If, anyone is not happy with being with God and His Son throughout eternity surrounded by unimaginable wealth and beauty---then they will not be there. He wants only those who want only Him. If, like Lucifer, they want to be God---they will join him. There is only ONE GOD---FATHER, SON AND HOLY SPIRIT.
Anyone that thinks this is not enough for them, will end up with nothing at all.
If he LOVED enough, he would not have made money his God. Jesus said:

(New Testament | Matthew 19:24)

24 And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

God does not always talk so that people will understand:

(New Testament | Matthew 13:13 - 15)

13 Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.
14 And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:
15 For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

(Old Testament | Isaiah 29:11 - 14)

11 And the vision of all is become unto you as the words of a book that is sealed, which men deliver to one that is learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I cannot; for it is sealed:
12 And the book is delivered to him that is not learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I am not learned.
13 ¶ Wherefore the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw near me with their mouth, and with their lips do honour me, but have removed their heart far from me, and their fear toward me is taught by the precept of men:
14 Therefore, behold, I will proceed to do a marvellous work among this people, even a marvellous work and a wonder: for the wisdom of their wise men shall perish, and the understanding of their prudent men shall be hid.

(New Testament | Mark 7:6)

6 He answered and said unto them, Well hath Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoureth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me.

(Pearl of Great Price | JS-History 1:19)

19 I was answered that I must join none of them, for they were all wrong; and the Personage who addressed me said that all their creeds were an abomination in his sight; that those professors were all corrupt; that: "they draw near to me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me, they teach for doctrines the commandments of men, having a form of godliness, but they deny the power thereof."

God wanted the Book of Mormon to be written in the King James English.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
If he LOVED enough, he would not have made money his God. Jesus said:

(New Testament | Matthew 19:24)

24 And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

God does not always talk so that people will understand:

(New Testament | Matthew 13:13 - 15)

13 Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.
14 And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:
15 For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

(Old Testament | Isaiah 29:11 - 14)

11 And the vision of all is become unto you as the words of a book that is sealed, which men deliver to one that is learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I cannot; for it is sealed:
12 And the book is delivered to him that is not learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I am not learned.
13 ¶ Wherefore the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw near me with their mouth, and with their lips do honour me, but have removed their heart far from me, and their fear toward me is taught by the precept of men:
14 Therefore, behold, I will proceed to do a marvellous work among this people, even a marvellous work and a wonder: for the wisdom of their wise men shall perish, and the understanding of their prudent men shall be hid.

(New Testament | Mark 7:6)

6 He answered and said unto them, Well hath Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoureth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me.

(Pearl of Great Price | JS-History 1:19)

19 I was answered that I must join none of them, for they were all wrong; and the Personage who addressed me said that all their creeds were an abomination in his sight; that those professors were all corrupt; that: "they draw near to me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me, they teach for doctrines the commandments of men, having a form of godliness, but they deny the power thereof."

God wanted the Book of Mormon to be written in the King James English.

\You can't love when you are concerned with doing what you have to do to get to heaven instead of looking to Jesus as our Savior. Commandments can not save----Jesus saves. With Him, we can keep His commandments. Again---God had nothing to do with the BOM.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Married
\You can't love when you are concerned with doing what you have to do to get to heaven instead of looking to Jesus as our Savior. Commandments can not save----Jesus saves. With Him, we can keep His commandments. Again---God had nothing to do with the BOM.
None of this post is true. Keeping the commandments is paramount and reiterated throughout the entire Bible:

(Old Testament | Ecclesiastes 12:13 - 14)

13 ¶ Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.
14 For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.

The Book of Mormon is CERTAINLY from God. No one has shown otherwise.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
None of this post is true. Keeping the commandments is paramount and reiterated throughout the entire Bible:

(Old Testament | Ecclesiastes 12:13 - 14)

13 ¶ Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.
14 For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.

The Book of Mormon is CERTAINLY from God. No one has shown otherwise.

Really? None of what I said?---Jesus is not our savior? Keeping Him paramount in our minds is not salvation? Oh, Yes, I forgot---It's JS and keeping the commandments. No one of this dispensation, may enter into heaven without his say so. JS and the commandments will not save you---Jesus savers, it is through Jesus that we are able to keep His commandments. He is our High Priest, without Him, there is no salvation. You've been lied to and you believe the lie.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Really? None of what I said?---Jesus is not our savior? Keeping Him paramount in our minds is not salvation? Oh, Yes, I forgot---It's JS and keeping the commandments. No one of this dispensation, may enter into heaven without his say so. JS and the commandments will not save you---Jesus savers, it is through Jesus that we are able to keep His commandments. He is our High Priest, without Him, there is no salvation. You've been lied to and you believe the lie.
Of course a person can LOVE especially if they keep their mind on the commandments of LOVE and keep that in mind at all times. Those who keep the commandments WILL be saved. Jesus said so and I believe Him. Keeping the commandments is the whole duty of mankind. God gave us commandments and He expects us to keep them. Breaking the commandments is sin. Will sinners be saved?

(New Testament | 1 Peter 4:12 - 19)

12 Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you:
13 But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.
14 If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are ye; for the spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you: on their part he is evil spoken of, but on your part he is glorified.
15 But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or as a thief, or as an evildoer, or as a busybody in other men's matters.
16 Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf.
17 For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?
18 And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?
19 Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls to him in well doing, as unto a faithful Creator.

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
That's just the problem, you think they are just anti-Mormon propaganda. I've never heard of Phiastus Hurlbut. Not a name I would forget! I'm just going by what JS wrote and what the bible says, and what the courts had to say. I did read about the Spaulding manuscript. The bible is intact and always has been. During the middle ages it was hidden, that's for sure,. but not corrupted. There were always a remnant that God kept safe and who always kept His word safe. As far as I'm concerned, It was not an angel from God.
I have found through my studies of JS critics that 50% of what they say is a bold faced lie. 40% is innuendo and guessing, and 10% is close to the truth. As for Philastus, he was a true scoundral and only 5% of what he says would I give some degree of legitimacy. Yet it is from his famous interviews that so much of the antis get their information. That should tell you something.
If the Jews can change a simple phrase like "a virgin gave birth to a son" to "a young woman gave birth to a son" and an entire nation is decieved and does not believe in Jesus, that is the power of a corrupt text. Made corrupt for the purpose of deception. There are many more scriptures that are corrupted. I could put 100 translations of the bible side by side and out of thousands of verses not 1 would be the same for all 100. That is called corruption of the text by either by error, by erroneous interpretation, a passionate defense of a particular religion, or by deceit. And put your Dead Sea Scrolls (which covers about 1/10 of the bible) in the mix too.

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
There are many translations, I mostly read KJV, but I check all of them, much easier nowadays to do that. A young woman (back then) was considered a virgin---not like nowadays! Jesus did not teach against the bible, most of the NT are quotes from the OT, esp, when Jesus speaks. He expounded on the spiritual meanings, He certainly did not come up with anything even vaguely resembling that His Father had a Father, that there was a heavenly mother, that if it weren't for the fall Adam and Eve would have had no children. HIS TEACHINGS ARE NOT YOUR TEACHINGS.
He did teach that his God and Father had a Father, you will just not listen to your scriptures.

Ok, that may be so. but Mary was no longer a young woman, she was pregnant, but she was still a virgin. I believe what the doctors of the Jews were doing was putting a difference between a "young woman", and a "virgin", so as to negate the virgin birth, so as to negate Jesus. And for most of their people, they succeeded.

It's not arguable, it is just my opinion.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I have found through my studies of JS critics that 50% of what they say is a bold faced lie. 40% is innuendo and guessing, and 10% is close to the truth. As for Philastus, he was a true scoundral and only 5% of what he says would I give some degree of legitimacy. Yet it is from his famous interviews that so much of the antis get their information. That should tell you something.
If the Jews can change a simple phrase like "a virgin gave birth to a son" to "a young woman gave birth to a son" and an entire nation is decieved and does not believe in Jesus, that is the power of a corrupt text. Made corrupt for the purpose of deception. There are many more scriptures that are corrupted. I could put 100 translations of the bible side by side and out of thousands of verses not 1 would be the same for all 100. That is called corruption of the text by either by error, by erroneous interpretation, a passionate defense of a particular religion, or by deceit. And put your Dead Sea Scrolls (which covers about 1/10 of the bible) in the mix too.

Yes, However, as I said---back then a young woman was a virgin. That has a totally different connotation today. So, did the word change meaning, or did the culture change? In this case, it's a different culture that brings about a different meaning. That is why things need to be taken in the meaning of that time and culture that the writer had in mind.

Upvote 0