Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
we have to realize that if you are sick and your focus is on the pain... you can not possibly have your mind on god.. especially when it is chronic... a sober mind does not just mean being drunk... or in this case high..

So, you are saying you have to get high in order to be sober?

Yikes.

Upvote 0

Shempster

ImJustMe
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2014
✟258,881.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Why does a strong smell suggest any such thing?
Because we are sensitive to it. Can we smell catnip walking by it? No but a cat does because it is made for them.

Sure it is...it's dried and smoked, that's concocted/produced. If not, how much more production is required for it to qualify as a drug? But even if it were just plucked and eaten, where is it written a drug is something that is concocted/produced by man?

I made that up, but its common sense. And yes, it is often heated up for use but thats the same as cooking something. There is one ingredient. Man made drugs are concoctions. Pharmakia to use the Greek.

So how bout dopamine, adrenaline? Should we take extra doses of that too, because it's what in the body already. Maybe an extra couple of gallons of blood if we have something like blood to add? That just not a reason. Or how bout dust? If we go back to dust/dirt, we must have it in us, why not eat it?

I guess if dopamine grew on a bush it might be nice, but it doesn't.

Did you have a talk with Mother Nature? :) Seriously, how do you know how nature intended it to be used?

Again, it's common sense. Its a plant.

A close friend of mine since high school was told by his doctor, the pot gave him the cancer of the tongue that killed him.

My answers are in bold. I don't know how to answer each line.
BTW......that doctor has no clue what he is talking about.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My answers are in bold. I don't know how to answer each line.
BTW......that doctor has no clue what he is talking about.

Because we are sensitive to it. Can we smell catnip walking by it? No but a cat does because it is made for them.

That is the same as saying, since a dog can smell gasoline a mile away it's made for them, and yes, gas is made from a plant, at a plant :). But lets try this so you can't argue at all, If a dog or a cat can smell a deadly poison plant where we cannot, that means it's made for them? You know better.

Surely you can see that holds no water at all, and is about as viable as then OP's arguments.

I made that up, but its common sense. And yes, it is often heated up for use but thats the same as cooking something. There is one ingredient. Man made drugs are concoctions. Pharmakia to use the Greek.

No, it's not the same as cooking something for what your comment was even worth. A forest fire isn't cooking trees, it;s creating a noxious gas that isn't good for us to breath, and NOT food to serve.

It's a drug and your only defense for it not being that, is you saying it isn't, and that holds about as much water as my kitchen sieve.

I guess if dopamine grew on a bush it might be nice, but it doesn't.

Then you are saying unless it comes form a plant, we are not to use it? Are you paying any attention to what you are answering to? Dopamine comes from mammals and they are fine to use for food or whatever. That is absolutely no argument against at all.

On the part about you stating that DR had no clue? Number one, after some of the answers you've given here, I'd automatically put my money on the Doctor. Number 2, yes pot is a carcinogen, check your facts and stop just making stuff up about of thin air.

For your personal benefit, and no offense intended, but next time you get into a situation like this, think and rethink your answers. None of that is even common sense, much less the knowledge of plants you seem to think you have. And I am sorry for having to be the one to tell you that, but I don't want you doing this to yourself again...please. :)

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,300.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
If they decide to legalize pot in Texas, I might go back to smoking it.

upload_2017-7-21_18-9-42.jpeg

Upvote 0

1gh2g3f4

Jul 12, 2017
✟20,263.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
its not about legalization / getting high... or whatever have you... i totally advocate for this for sick and the dying and the suffering.. if that fits your bill then so be it.. use it as you see fit to help but do so with a sound mind... someone here brought up a VERY good point... but i also addressed this myself before then as my only worry and the main reason for this post.... where if one person who basically was new in the faith and had a weak conscious... was to see someone else who is of god doing this... but not knowing why or the truth behind it.. and they felt so embolden to do it themselves.. but later on was convicted for it... this now has became sin... even tho it is good.. it has became sin by a weak conscious i recently came across actually just now.. came across a old verse.. it reminded me of gods creation.. and the people in it.. it is this.. (THIS IS GOING TO HURT A FEW BECAUSE OF THEIR STANCE!)
Titus 1:15 To the pure, all things are pure, but to those who are corrupted and do not believe, nothing is pure. In fact, both their minds and consciences are corrupted. 16 They claim to know God, but by their actions they deny him.

and this scripture also reminds me of this...

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,300.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
its not about legalization / getting high... or whatever have you... i totally advocate for this for sick and the dying and the suffering.. if that fits your bill then so be it.. use it as you see fit to help, but do so with a sound mind............
I am firmly against young people under 18 smoking it recreationally, and should be regulated just as tobacco and alcohol are regulated. I am not sure about the biblical aspects concerning Christians smoking it, but, I am willing to learn.
Both my dad and mom died from cancer, but here in Texas, it was a simply too much of a hassle to get around the law in this case, which they didn't want to break. They both eventually passed away peacefully.

Medical cannabis in the United States - Wikipedia

The first state to effectively legalize medical cannabis was California in 1996, when voters approved Proposition 215 by a 56–44 margin. Several states followed with successful ballot initiatives in 1998, and in 2000 Hawaii became the first state to legalize by state legislature.[4] In recent years, medical cannabis has spread to the Southern United States, as Florida, Arkansas, and West Virginia have all approved its use.................

At the federal level, cannabis remains a prohibited substance by way of the Controlled Substances Act of 1970. Under the CSA, the Drug Enforcement Administration classifies cannabis as a Schedule I drug, determined to have a high potential for abuse and no accepted medical use – thus prohibiting its use for any purpose............

Public support for allowing the medical use of cannabis has remained strong since Gallup first polled the subject in 1999, finding 73% in favor.[7] A February 2017 Quinnipiac poll found national support at 93%.[8].........................

Upvote 0

1gh2g3f4

Jul 12, 2017
✟20,263.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
im sorry to hear that man.... its happening to a lot of people... my grandpa even just have a large section of his colon removed because of colon cancer.. and my great grandpa even died from this... i didnt understand why at the time... i was only 9 and was only told that he just died... not why or how.. i didnt even know about this till this year and im 31.. but me knowing that it could be stopped, prevented, or even cured/killed just by eating this stuff raw??? well that's incredible and i just cant for the life of me.. understand how anyone in good conscious or faith would deny someone this... in my eyes... that is actually evil... and i want to educate people on this... and i do know that people can use some good discernment here... (the ability to judge well) and im not seeing a lot of that from the people of god... i see more of it from people that deny him.. and in this way its horrible and sad.. reminds me of the parable of the good samaritan... sigh... what am i to do? just look at the battle i have and who it is i have to educate... im going to be hard pressed by many and most of the children of god.. i accept this! but only if i can educate unto wisdom with charity and good judgement... we have made evil of what is good.. and we have made good of what is bad... literally chemotherapy is bad for the entire body... yet this is what we have chosen as the ultimate source of good to treat these things... there is a better way but we have to overcome our own understanding... im getting downloads of old wine skins bursting with new one.. and so they have to be put into new wine skins so that both are preserved.. this is a mind thing.. everyone here that stood against this did so with their mind more than with their heart... in this case it is a renewing of the mind that is needed... at the most... a circumcision of the heart.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,300.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
im sorry to hear that man.... its happening to a lot of people............................

there is a better way but we have to overcome our own understanding... im getting downloads of old wine skins bursting with new one.. and so they have to be put into new wine skins so that both are preserved.. this is a mind thing.. everyone here that stood against this did so with their mind more than with their heart... in this case it is a renewing of the mind that is needed... at the most... a circumcision of the heart.
I believe that is more of a covenantle parable concerning the OC Law of Moses vs the NC Law of Christ, nothing to do with pot, IMHO

Luke 5:
37 'And no one doth put new wine into old skins, and if otherwise, the new wine will burst the skins, and itself will be poured out, and the skins will be destroyed;
38 but Young/neon <3501> Wine into New/kainouV <2537> skins is to be cast and both are preserved together.
39 and no one drinking Old immediately is willing Young, for he is saying, 'for the the Old is kind/mellow'"

Hebrews 8:13 in the to be saying `New/kainhn <2537>,' He hath made old the first.
The yet being aged and being obsolete nigh of disappearance.

Much like this covenantle parable in Luke 16, imho.........

Lazarus and the Rich Man - Here a little, there a little - Commentary

Last edited:
Reactions: 1gh2g3f4
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
why i advocate for cannabis as a christian..

firstly we must look at something that is often overlooked and or not cared about... in the christian church.. and it is in Genesis 1:31 and it is in Acts 10:11-15 now lets look at the older church stance that sticks out in my head as the argument... and im only going to leave a quote then explain why its wrong right there alone and that destroys all of the rest.. if it dont i have more that will indeed do that. "the devils weed" that would be the quote you might have heard in the church a lonnng time ago... okay.. for any christian out there... honestly biblically give me one example of anything that satan created... when he is the destroyer and the father of all lies... he wants to present himself as a angel of light and be like god... who can create? god is the creator... not satan.... and to back this up.... i will give you the verse of "genesis 1:31
God saw all that he had made, and it was very good. And there was evening, and there was morning--the sixth day."
everything he made was very good??? how is that when there is all this evil... we that is the choice we made to take on while in the garden... we had that choice to live by god and let him tell us what was good.... but instead.... we took it on ourselves to say is this good or bad..... so we messed up that day and everything changed... we said this was bad when it was good and this was good when it was bad... you want an example of us saying something is good when it is bad???? addiction and deaths related to prescription painkillers... now lets see what Acts 10:11-15 says... He saw heaven opened and something like a large sheet being let down to earth by its four corners.
It contained all kinds of four-footed animals, as well as reptiles and birds. Then a voice told him, "Get up, Peter. Kill and eat."
"Surely not, Lord!" Peter replied. "I have never eaten anything impure or unclean." The voice spoke to him a second time, "Do not call anything impure that God has made clean."

wow that kinda takes the blows away the jewish mindset because of the fulfillment of the law that jesus did.... not only did he say to go and preach the gospel to all the world... but to all of what???? creation...
1f609.png
;) in other words... everything that god made is now good.... but we must be careful to practice these things in front of others that do not have that truth... pauls calls them those with a weak conscious.... he talked about this with his freedoms in christ... where he could eat meats sacrificed to other gods... and when someone who has seen him doing this and is new to the faith could see him doing the same thing and become embolden to do the same thing but later become convicted by this for his lack of knowledge and he said in this way i will never eat meats again... so the question is should we stop because of the lack of education of the fulfillment of the law that made everything clean that was created that once was not??? NO we do preach this so that the fulfillment of the law can be made full in the body of christ... this would be a good thing... none of you complain about eating pork do you???? (exactly thats the teaching of the fulfillment of the law.. (this is part of the gospel which in greek is translated into "the good news") and you eat this pork with good conscious now because of that...)
i also want to talk about edification... (ed·i·fi·ca·tion
the instruction or improvement of a person morally or intellectually.) where paul said "All things are lawful for me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but all things edify not." okay so yes we can do all things BUT does it edify me? does it make me better? well lets look at something else that is controversial in the church and what the bible say about this.. "1 Timothy 5:23 Stop drinking only water, and use a little wine because of your stomach and your frequent illnesses." here paul was telling him even tho these other people drink to get drunk... you yourself should not.. because of your often and frequent stomach illness... so indeed it is then not a think of being a drunkard (alcoholic) it is then medicine... so there for it then does what??? it EDIFIES!!!! it makes you better... so with all this know i sum up why i support the medical and legalized use of cannabis according to what god has created and made clean to edify those who need this to help with illnesses by the word of god.... i dont have to go into all the reasons it can help people as many already know that..... if you do not... a little research on dravet syndrome in children and cancer patients from all walks of life and all cancers itself.... will be enough for you too see its effects.. and there is way more than this that it helps... im sure i will find someone to say something about this and i welcome any rebuttals...

I am all for the pill form of the cannabinoid CBD to at least being in medical trials. Unlike THC, CBD is a cannabinoid that doesn't make people "high." Let's neuter the high and exploit the medicinal qualities of the plant. I wonder if you would still use it if it was a pill that didn't get you high but helped any conditions you might have.

It may be useful in reducing pain and inflammation, controlling epileptic seizures, and possibly even treating mental illness and addictions. Some preliminary studies have suggested that medical marijuana legalization might be associated with decreased prescription opioid use and overdose deaths, but researchers don't have enough evidence yet to confirm this finding. For example, one NIDA-funded study suggested a link between medical marijuana legalization and fewer overdose deaths from prescription opioids. But this study didn't show that medical marijuana legalization caused the decrease in deaths or that pain patients changed their drug-taking behavior.

So yes, let's look at the medical properties but take the high out of it.

Upvote 0

1gh2g3f4

Jul 12, 2017
✟20,263.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am all for the pill form of the cannabinoid CBD to at least being in medical trials. Unlike THC, CBD is a cannabinoid that doesn't make people "high." Let's neuter the high and exploit the medicinal qualities of the plant. I wonder if you would still use it if it was a pill that didn't get you high but helped any conditions you might have.

It may be useful in reducing pain and inflammation, controlling epileptic seizures, and possibly even treating mental illness and addictions. Some preliminary studies have suggested that medical marijuana legalization might be associated with decreased prescription opioid use and overdose deaths, but researchers don't have enough evidence yet to confirm this finding. For example, one NIDA-funded study suggested a link between medical marijuana legalization and fewer overdose deaths from prescription opioids. But this study didn't show that medical marijuana legalization caused the decrease in deaths or that pain patients changed their drug-taking behavior.

So yes, let's look at the medical properties but take the high out of it.

its possible this way yes..... im not sure what the umm cannabinoid thc does but there is over 80 of them in the plant.. and how they all work together.. maybe taking it out fine.. maybe its not.. but the study is worth it.. i know the straight up extract those tests have already proved to work... but be it death or a high.. i really wouldn't care if they got high.. wouldn't be any different than a high someone got from a pain killer but without the addiction and side effects and the death.. so for i dont care.. but if that was what was necessary to push it forward.. then sure.. but at the same time there is the other reason why that wouldn't work... pharmacies they umm they can't patent a plant legally so no one would even invest in the studies outside someone that gave to it privately... even then it would be difficult to get anyone to produce it because of the lack of a patient and the ability to make money to sustain it... it would actually go from.. something someone could grow for practically free to $1000 for a weeks worth of treatment.. which in itself is just another tragedy for the poor.. so in that i dont recommend that route.. but if there was a that it could work then so be it.. but the studies are already here and people are dying as i type this message....... so right now... i think its us are the irresponsible ones.

https://news.vice.com/article/a-us-...ed-that-marijuana-may-help-fight-brain-tumors

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
its possible this way yes..... im not sure what the umm cannabinoid thc does but there is over 80 of them in the plant.. and how they all work together.. maybe taking it out fine.. maybe its not.. but the study is worth it.. i know the straight up extract those tests have already proved to work... but be it death or a high.. i really wouldn't care if they got high.. wouldn't be any different than a high someone got from a pain killer but without the addiction and side effects and the death.. so for i dont care.. but if that was what was necessary to push it forward.. then sure.. but at the same time there is the other reason why that wouldn't work... pharmacies they umm they can't patent a plant legally so no one would even invest in the studies outside someone that gave to it privately... even then it would be difficult to get anyone to produce it because of the lack of a patient and the ability to make money to sustain it... it would actually go from.. something someone could grow for practically free to $1000 for a weeks worth of treatment.. which in itself is just another tragedy for the poor.. so in that i dont recommend that route.. but if there was a that it could work then so be it.. but the studies are already here and people are dying as i type this message....... so right now... i think its us are the irresponsible ones.

https://news.vice.com/article/a-us-...ed-that-marijuana-may-help-fight-brain-tumors

I'm not for recreation use in any form or fashion. And I believe it is disingenuine to state that most advocates don't just want a legal high. I still say remove the high, medicalise it, and see how many still clamor for it. I myself would use a medical pill that does not get me high if it helped with my back, hips, and neck from a horrible accident I was in.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Some preliminary studies have suggested that medical marijuana legalization might be associated with decreased prescription opioid use and overdose deaths, but researchers don't have enough evidence yet to confirm this finding.

Due to a bout with Polio at nearly birth, I've always experienced pain when on my feet to long, as well as other sever pain due to same.

Up to 3 or so yrs ago, I smoked virtually every day for a little better than 45yrs, so one might say I've done a pretty in depth pain study on it.

Pot does nothing for pain in my experience, absolutely nothing...and I'd guess the claim of reduction in opiate or opioid use due to legalization is about as legit as most of those using it for "Medicinal" purposes. :) Just another of many untrue ploys.

Though there may be a very very few legit medical benefits for it, if that, the whole "legalize for medical purposes" is geared towards legalization for recreational use, and I have no doubt about that whatsoever.

Fl just signed it on for medical purposes and with my handicap, though it does nothing at all for me, I would most likely have an easier time than most (because of a limp) getting a free ticket, and permission to do a closet grow of what would be massive amounts for one person. Seems anything they Do with it is way liberal, for instance that amount allowed to be grown, as well as just getting the ticket.

They are simply making it way to easy to get high and forget about our problems, and we'll gladly pay the government the massive taxes to make that happen...another reason they are working so hard to get it legal. I'd be surprised if most people didn't see the so-called medical marijuana campaign for just what it is.

Give it just 10 more yrs and see if it's not legal for recreation in most states.

Wonder how many will sign on with the Beast in the near future, *just* because they don't want to do without their pot? :(

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums