Why do Todd Bentley supporters sound like Barack Obama supporters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GodsGlory

Jan 3, 2006
✟371.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Politics
US-Republican
Parallels between BO supporters and TB supporters

1. You show a controversial clip to them of some outlandish, crazy things, and they say "Well, you can't judge a person by one clip", so apparently, you can't judge anything anyone says EVER. If Jeremiah Wright said "Assassinate George Bush" and you called him on it, Obama's supporters would say "well, you didn't listen to the context of the whole message."

???????????????

Same thing with Todd Bentley's supporters. If you show them a clip of Todd Bentley hitting, punching, smacking people, or else defending false doctrines or practices, or if you question his past, or if you question his friendships with some weird people, or if you question his leading by the angel "Emma" or "Emma O" or whatever her name is, then TB's supporters say "Well, people are getting saved and healed, so don't question it."

The bottom line is that in both cases, people can never honestly answer your questions. They always have to deflect and change the subject. They can't ever say "Yes, you're right; let's look at what you said; wow, maybe there IS some validity to what you said."

2. Todd Bentley's supporters are caught up in the mania - the hype - the atmosphere, and are so drunk on it, that they can't see straight, and they just dismiss questions or criticisms of Todd Bentley out of hand. They are so caught up in this electric feeling, they are so drunk, that they can't come down to earth and see that people truly have real concerns. And if you have questions or concerns, you're "the enemy".

Barack Obama's supporters are so intoxicated and drunk on the mania of "wow, America is finally electing a black guy" that his being black is all they can see. They can't see his bad associations, poor judgments, verbal missteps, or changing positions on at least ten major issues since he started running for president. And if you have questions or concerns, you're "the racist".

3. Bentley's supporters act as though the methods are nothing - that the results are all that matters. It's the old "ends justify the means" adage. It doesn't matter if old ladies get bodyslammed, if cancer patients get piledrived, if people get punched, if deceiving angels lead this revival, if perverts and drunks are the spiritual fathers of it ... as long as people get saved and healed, that's all that matters, that it doesn't matter HOW we got there, just that we got there.

Barack Obama's supporters act as though flip-flopping on issues is irrelevant, that it doesn't matter how many positions he takes to get the largest number of voters possible, that his personality and charm are all that matter, that presidential leadership means nothing, that his lack of experience is completely out of the question, that as long as people get excited behind "change we can believe in", that it's all that matters.

There are more parallels, but I wanted to start with these.

msbojingles

resident brat and doom and gloomer
Aug 29, 2006
Visit site
✟14,010.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Popcorn.gif

Reactions: NewSong
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

charityagape

Blue Chicken Gives You Horns
May 6, 2005
Texas
Visit site
✟24,930.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Wow, I couldn't have demonstrated my point any better that people can't answer questions about Todd Bentley directly, that they have to change the subject.

Thanks for giving my point credence!! :thumbsup:

;) No problem. Although technically I'm not a supporter of TB, just an opposer of all the watchman nonsense.

Upvote 0

Elijah2

No weapons formed against me will prosper.
Aug 15, 2006
Australia
✟33,596.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I was once told not to argue about religion or politics.

I was always told to pray for those you dislike and pray for those who dislike you.

Being an Aussie, we have already been disarmed, both ways, naturally and supernaturally.

I guess your turn is coming.

Be blessed in Jesus' Name.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JAS4Yeshua

Servant of the Lord
Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Marina, California
Visit site
✟64,964.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
2054930903_6818638e89.jpg

MOD HAT ON

This thread was moved into the Charismatic Debate Subforum. Please be aware that main Spirit-Filled / Charismatic forum is now debate free.

Please refer to this announcement for more information: http://christianforums.com/showthread.php?t=7253303

Thank you.

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0

Elijah2

No weapons formed against me will prosper.
Aug 15, 2006
Australia
✟33,596.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
;) No problem. Although technically I'm not a supporter of TB, just an opposer of all the watchman nonsense.

Ah well, I can say that I have a new hobby to avoid opposers, I am no longer a concerned, discerning Christian, sometimes referred to as a watchman, I am now a perceiver.:kiss::idea:

Be blessed in Jesus' Name.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.