England
✟15,200.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
I am due to meet with my local priest next week to discuss Christianity and my beliefs with him. He offered it after I said I had a few questions for him. Which I felt was lovely.
But for some reason I have always had a nervousness and fear of church and religious people to the point where I feel like I shouldn't be there. why is this? Any body else has something similar?

StRestlessHeart333

Chaldean Catholic
Jul 23, 2014
✟15,513.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I used to feel that way kinda. But in my case it was cuz I chose to live a sinful life and ignored God. So I was afraid to go to church every Sunday. I went occasionally, also I was too afraid of reading the Bible cuz I might read something that shows me what I was doing is a sin. I was afraid of admitting my sins and allowing God in my life. But that's just me.
In your case, have you had a bad experience or something in a church or with a religious person? That also could cause that.

Upvote 0

ChesterKhan

No, Emotions are not a good reason!
Jul 28, 2014
Omaha, NE, USA
✟7,874.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I am due to meet with my local priest next week to discuss Christianity and my beliefs with him. He offered it after I said I had a few questions for him. Which I felt was lovely.
But for some reason I have always had a nervousness and fear of church and religious people to the point where I feel like I shouldn't be there. why is this? Any body else has something similar?

I have heard of people who are afraid, if they walk in, the building would collapse on them, or if they touch the holy water their hands would sizzle! I think they were being hyperbolic, but no, I don't think you are the only one.

Take heart in one thing. Have you ever seen the Crucifix? The man on that Cross, Jesus, God, died for all of us. And that includes you. You could never be more wicked than that cross. All you have to do is accept His sacrifice for you.

And, well... a few other things...:liturgy: :p But no. You have nothing to fear in Jesus if you want to follow Him. He can overcome any fear, if you let Him.

Hear what comfortable words our Saviour Christ saith unto all who truly turn to him:

Come unto me, all ye that travail and are heavy laden, and I will refresh you. St. Matt. xi. 28.

God so loved the world, that he gave his only-begotten Son, to the end that all that believe in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. St. John iii. 16.

Hear also what Saint Paul saith. This is a true saying, and worthy of all men to be received, That Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners. 1 Tim. i. 15.

Hear also what Saint John saith. If any man sin, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous; and he is the propitiation for our sins. 1 St. John ii. 1, 2.

Upvote 0

iansek

Mar 18, 2015
✟7,685.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

I fear religious leaders too.I know they are only human too and are not exempt from the same sins people struggle with so for me it is hard to open to them.A pastor, priest or vicar can also gossip or commit hieonous sins.

Upvote 0