Washington
✟151,120.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
My post was directed at the verse when Jesus called out 'why have you forsaken me'.
At that precise moment in time.
Thank-you for clarifying what I had failed to address...

One idea that came on this matter relates to the hypostatical Mystery of the foundational nature of what a person is - I have mulled on this for some weeks now, mind you... Because we are created in the Image [ikon] of God, so that the thing we will confront is this foundation of being which we have as an ikon of God, even when we live a perfected Life as Jesus did... Where it seems that God Himself has forsaken us, as we engage this foundational Mystery of our having been created in the Image of God - eg Where we decide in the absolutely most fundamental way who we are and what we will do even in the face of death, when we call upon our Master, and enter into the Mysterey of Death, and experience it as being alone without power or allies or any help whatsoever...

In that state, the Wise Thief confessing Him would be His only similarly co-suffering friend...

Anyway, it is just another 2 cents worth of my opinion as we Orthodox Christians enter into Holy Week... Christ confronted this Mystery so that if we are so fortunate as to also encounter it, we will have His example to comfort us in our confrontation... Or at least, so is it that MY theory goes... And MY theories plus $5 get you no change back from Starbucks!

Arsenios

Upvote 0