Why can't God save people after they die?

Rachel20

May 30, 2020
STX
✟58,109.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
... and perhaps even many Christians once they found out their God may have been fictional and some other deity is the true God.

I suspect when I direct my prayers to the maximally great being, he knows who I'm talking to.

Upvote 0

BigV

Dec 27, 2007
USA, IL
✟41,804.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Because the implied cruelty of not doing so is a feature, not a bug. Or else "free will" or somesuch.

I thought God was the most loving being there is, and all powerfull and wise too. Why can't he come up with a way to save all people. God loves everyone, even the evil people or so we are told.

Upvote 0

BigV

Dec 27, 2007
USA, IL
✟41,804.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I suspect when I direct my prayers to the maximally great being, he knows who I'm talking to.

Well, many Christians think their God and Jesus is that being. But the Bible tells us God doesn't hear prayers of some people.

Upvote 0

Rachel20

May 30, 2020
STX
✟58,109.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
But the Bible tells us God doesn't hear prayers of some people.

I interpret that more in the sense that he doesn't acknowlege their prayers. And it is talking about the wicked, who have the option of turning to God, unless they're already reprobate. It's so strange to me though when unbelievers beg the God of Christianity for a sign he's real, when they know he rejects signs (1 Corinthians 1:22). It's like saying to him "I'll believe you on my terms, not yours". This isn't the same, though, as Christ manifesting himself after you've believed on his terms (John 14:21)

• Agree
Reactions: 2PhiloVoid
Upvote 0

dóxatotheó

Orthodox Church Familia
May 12, 2021
South Carolina
✟25,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
If God is omnipotent, and all wise, why can't he come up with a way to save people who changed their minds after they died?
this question is illogical Gods intellect and power has nothing to do with your free will in hard-core determinism that was your purpose in compatibilism you had the free will to do x instead of y and God knew you would make that choice see the problem here its a paradox meaning you did that choice and God knew you would do it kinda contradictory if he intervene within eternity if hes eternal

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟732,795.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If God is omnipotent, and all wise, why can't he come up with a way to save people who changed their minds after they died?

Because we don't have a thinking mind after we die earthly death. We don't have a functioning mind in the grave.

Ecclesiastes 9:5-6

For the living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing, and they have no more reward, for the memory of them is forgotten. Their love and their hate and their envy have already perished, and forever they have no more share in all that is done under the sun.

Psalm 115:17
The dead do not praise the Lord, nor do any who go down into silence.

All who die earthly death are in a dormant state until either the 1st or 2nd resurrection.

1st Thessalonians 4

The Return of the Lord

13Brothers, we do not want you to be uninformed about those who sleep in death, so that you will not grieve like the rest, who are without hope. 14For since we believe that Jesus died and rose again, we also believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in Him.

15By the word of the Lord, we declare to you that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who have fallen asleep. 16For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a loud command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will be the first to rise (1st resurrection).

17After that, we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will always be with the Lord.

18Therefore encourage one another with these words.

1st Corinthians 15

51Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed— 52in an instant, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed (1st resurrection). 53For the perishable must be clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality (eternal life).

Humans are mortal ... we do not receive immortality until Jesus returns, until then all are in the grave described as a sleep .... because final judgement has not yet occurred.

The 2nd resurrection (of the lost) will be resurrected later and will not receive immortality (eternal life)

Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming in which all who are in the graves will hear His voice and come forth—those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of condemnation. John 5:28-29 NKJV

Upvote 0

BigV

Dec 27, 2007
USA, IL
✟41,804.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
this question is illogical Gods intellect and power has nothing to do with your free will in hard-core determinism that was your purpose in compatibilism you had the free will to do x instead of y and God knew you would make that choice see the problem here its a paradox meaning you did that choice and God knew you would do it kinda contradictory if he intervene within eternity if hes eternal

hold on. I thought God was all about free will. So why would he not allow people to chose after they die? Who’s forcing God to limit choices to this life?

Upvote 0

dóxatotheó

Orthodox Church Familia
May 12, 2021
South Carolina
✟25,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
hold on. I thought God was all about free will. So why would he not allow people to chose after they die? Who’s forcing God to limit choices to this life?
After they die? you seem to not understand what im saying. Im stating you having free will and God knowing all things he knew you would pick the path of unrighteousness instead of righteousness God can always save whoever he want but God cannot intervene in eternity because hes outside it yk we believe God is immaterial right?

Upvote 0