Алтайский край, город Рубцовск
✟4,454.00
Country
Russian Federation
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Я имею в виду, против ЛГБТ, против трансгендерной политики Байдена?

И я имею в виду не только простых верующих, но и католическую иерархию, протестантских лидеров. Почему молчат? Почему бы им не выйти на улицу и не провести пикет? Почему бы католикам не организовать масштабное шествие как акцию против современных повесток дня? Почему телепроповедники не говорят открыто? Где католические епископы США? Почему молчат?

Occams Barber

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟999,974.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced

И я имею в виду не только простых верующих, но и католическую иерархию, протестантских лидеров. Почему молчат? Почему бы им не выйти на улицу и не провести пикет? Почему бы католикам не организовать масштабное шествие как акцию против современных повесток дня? Почему телепроповедники не говорят открыто? Где католические епископы США? Почему молчат?
Translation:

I mean, anti-LGBT, anti-Biden's transgender policies?
And I mean not only ordinary believers, but also the Catholic hierarchy and Protestant leaders. Why are they silent? Why don't they go out and picket? Why don't Catholics organize a large march as an action against modern agendas? Why don't televangelists speak up? Where are the US Catholic Bishops? Why are they silent?
OB

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟317,222.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
The reason is that society in normal countries see no problem with LGBTQ+. It’s only a fringe of religious types who make the lifestyle choice to object to the gays et al.

So the larger religious institutions go with the flow so as to not alienate the masses.

Upvote 0

Nagomirov

Russian Orthodox Church
Mar 28, 2024
✟4,454.00
Country
Russian Federation
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Причина в том, что общество в нормальных странах не видит проблемы с ЛГБТК+. Это только маргинальные религиозные типы, которые делают выбор образа жизни, чтобы возражать против геев и других.

Поэтому крупные религиозные институты плывут по течению, чтобы не оттолкнуть массы.

Так вы атеист, зачем вы тут пишете? Это тема для верующих.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Nagomirov

Russian Orthodox Church
Mar 28, 2024
✟4,454.00
Country
Russian Federation
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Тогда вы должны были разместить в христианском только часть сайта.

Но форум целиком и полностью называется христианским. Само название форума подразумевает, что каждый раздел здесь должен быть христианским.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟317,222.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Но форум целиком и полностью называется христианским. Само название форума подразумевает, что каждый раздел здесь должен быть христианским.
Yeah, but it’s not. It clearly states that and there are many fora on this site where non-Christians cannot post.

If you don’t want non-Christians relying to you you need only post on one of those fora.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟707,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't speak... Russian is it? At any rate I don't speak the language so I cannot commit to a full conversation here but I wanted to point out a couple of things.

First, we don't "protest" gays in general. The goal of the church is to see the lost saved - sign waiving isn't particularly helpful.

Sure, homosexuality in it's desire and practice is a sin and our Pastors speak on these sin issues quite frequently.

I apologize for being unable to find a transcript of this sermon for you. (this sermon was given 10 years ago)

So at any rate we do speak about the issues of our day and how it could affect us as Christians and how it affects our nation all the time, and of course we always try and vote for the people most likely to protect our foundational freedoms.

But protesting anything does no good. Holding a sign never did anything for anyone but make them feel like they did something.

What gays need is Christ in truth... They won't get that from a sign.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Nagomirov

Russian Orthodox Church
Mar 28, 2024
✟4,454.00
Country
Russian Federation
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Во-первых, мы не «протестуем» против геев в целом. Цель церкви состоит в том, чтобы видеть погибших спасенными - размахивание знаками не особенно помогает.

А также обличать, укорять грех.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟126,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

The rules state that all posts must be in English here, if I am not mistaken. :) I know a few Russians in the US, and they are all against the war, and for peace. I do not know of their religious faith though.

Upvote 0

Nagomirov

Russian Orthodox Church
Mar 28, 2024
✟4,454.00
Country
Russian Federation
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
I don't speak... Russian is it? At any rate I don't speak the language so I cannot commit to a full conversation here but I wanted to point out a couple of things.

So at any rate we do speak about the issues of our day and how it could affect us as Christians and how it affects our nation all the time, and of course we always try and vote for the people most likely to protect our foundational freedoms.

It must be solved at the level of politics and society. While you're just talking, Biden is changing society by pursuing transgender policies.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟339,873.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
The ethical questions surrounding LGBTQ people are questions about which Christians disagree. The Anglican Communion is close to schism over this issue, with the American (Episcopal) church firmly taking the side of inclusion of LGBTQ people in the church, and some of the large African churches taking the opposite side.

Here in the US, you will see Christians protesting and taking public stands on both sides of the issue. Last June, for example, my town had a Pride festival. Two of our local churches participated in the festival, offering support and affirmation to LGBTQ people. Across the street, a different church was protesting against the festival.

We don't agree with each other, but we're not silent.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟736,287.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
In America, Christians are free to have diverse beliefs about social issues. And to agree or disagree with our political leaders.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Nagomirov

Russian Orthodox Church
Mar 28, 2024
✟4,454.00
Country
Russian Federation
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
In America, Christians are free to have diverse beliefs about social issues. And to agree or disagree with our political leaders.

-CryptoLutheran

“Democracy is in hell, and in heaven is the Kingdom” (St. John of Kronstadt)

Freedom, democracy - the way to perdition, to hell. Libertarianism leads to the secularization of society, to irreligion, apostasy.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟497,277.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
“Democracy is in hell, and in heaven is the Kingdom” (St. John of Kronstadt)

Freedom, democracy - the way to perdition, to hell. Libertarianism leads to the secularization of society, to irreligion, apostasy.
Democracy has its fault, but it is absolutely preferrable to the cleptocratic oligarchy you've got going in Russia these days.

The only advantage you guys have is that you get to stomp down on people you dislike, which helps you ignore getting stomped on from your betters. I guess that is enough for people of a certain mindset.

Last edited:
Reactions: durangodawood
Upvote 0

Nagomirov

Russian Orthodox Church
Mar 28, 2024
✟4,454.00
Country
Russian Federation
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Democracy has its fault, but it is absolutely preferrable to the cleptocratic oligarchy you've got going in Russia these days.

In Russia, the state has controlling stakes in all the largest enterprises and factories. The energy, defense industry, gas, oil, gold, diamonds, and timber are in the hands of the state!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.