Who should we cry for at the cross? Jesus says not Him.

StevenMerten

I Love You, God!
Dec 27, 2005
Lynnwood, WA
Visit site
✟69,502.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
NAB LUKE 23:27. The Way of The Cross. As they led him away they took hold of a certain Simon, a Cyrenian, who was coming in from the country; and after laying the cross on him, they made him carry it behind Jesus. Jesus turned to them and said, “Daughters of Jerusalem, do not weep for me; weep instead for yourselves and for your children,31for if these things are done when the wood is green what will happen when it is dry?”​

Who should we be crying for today.

miknik5

"Let not your heart be troubled"
Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,444.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
NAB LUKE 23:27. The Way of The Cross. As they led him away they took hold of a certain Simon, a Cyrenian, who was coming in from the country; and after laying the cross on him, they made him carry it behind Jesus. Jesus turned to them and said, “Daughters of Jerusalem, do not weep for me; weep instead for yourselves and for your children,31for if these things are done when the wood is green what will happen when it is dry?”​

Who should we be crying for today.
Those who did not have the first hand eye witness testimonies of HIS death and resurrection, who will hear it from "2nd hand witnesses" and will not believe

Upvote 0

StevenMerten

I Love You, God!
Dec 27, 2005
Lynnwood, WA
Visit site
✟69,502.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Jesus actually goes Apocalyptic while on The Way of The Cross. In Luke 23;29, Jesus is talking about His Second Coming, in which Jesus will come as Just Judge rather than Merciful Saviour. The Blessed Mother told St. Faustina that the day of God's tremendous Wrath, is close at hand. So the people Jesus tells us we are to cry for are probably walking the earth today. They just do not realize the tremendous suffering that is about to come upon them due to their unrepentance.

NAB LUKE 23:26 As they led him away they took hold of a certain Simon, a Cyrenian, who was coming in from the country; and after laying the cross on him, they made him carry it behind Jesus.n Jesus turned to them and said, “Daughters of Jerusalem, do not weep for me; weep instead for yourselves and for your children,​

29for indeed, the days are coming when people will say, ‘Blessed are the barren, the wombs that never bore and the breasts that never nursed.’30At that time people will say to the mountains, ‘Fall upon us!’ and to the hills, ‘Cover us!’

p33When they came to the place called the Skull, they crucified him and the criminals there, one on his right, the other on his left.
(I apologize, i am doing this on iphone and cut and paste skipped verse 29 and 30 in my original post)

• Agree
Reactions: miknik5
Upvote 0

StevenMerten

I Love You, God!
Dec 27, 2005
Lynnwood, WA
Visit site
✟69,502.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I think Jesus is telling us to mourn for the unrepentant wicked on the day of His Second Coming. Scriptures and apparitions indicate that Christ's Church is going to go through a death and resurrection on her way into Messianic Reign. In the Third Secret of Fatima, Catholic Clergy mourn for all the dead on the way up Mt. Zion. This reference in the Third Secret, is relating to Jesus telling us to mourn for the unrepentant, not Him, on His way of the Cross. In the Third Secret, we see the Church suffering on Her way into Christ's Kingdom Come, The New Jerusalem, Mt Zion, on earth, as Jesus suffered on His way of the cross to become King and Ruler over the New Jerusalem, Mt. Zion, on earth. When Angels of the Apocalypse, hurl the unrepentant wicked into hell, and the Wrath of the Lamb blows through, putting all the unrepentant to physical death, at Armageddon, these are the ones Jesus tells us to mourn for.

Christ's Kingdom Come, in the New Jerusalem on earth, will be like Easter Sunday. The Church is going to go through a death and resurrection, as she transforms into Christ's Kingdom Come of the New Jerusalem, Mt. Zion, on earth. With Jesus Ruling the world, it will be grand, like Easter Sunday. We will go into the ‘golden era of mankind’, an era of peace on earth, that the Blessed Mother has promised us.

“J.M.J. The third part of the secret revealed at the Cova da Iria-Fatima, on 13 July 1917.

Other Bishops, Priests, men and women Religious going up a steep mountain, at the top of which there was a big Cross of rough-hewn trunks as of a cork-tree with the bark; before reaching there the Holy Father passed through a big city half in ruins and half trembling with halting step, afflicted with pain and sorrow, he prayed for the souls of the corpses he met on his way; having reached the top of the mountain, on his knees at the foot of the big Cross …​

JESUS, THE DIVINE MERCY, by St.Faustina

The devotion to Jesus as the Divine Mercy is based on the writings of Saint Faustina, a Polish nun who wrote a diary of about 600 pages recording the revelations she received about God's mercy.

Jesus looked at me and said, Souls perish in spite of My bitter Passion. I am giving them the last hope of salvation; that is, the Feast of My Mercy. If they will not adore My mercy, they will perish for all eternity. Secretary of My mercy, write, tell souls about this great mercy of Mine, because the awful day, the day of My justice, is near. (Diary - Divine Mercy in My Soul, 965)

The Blessed Virgin Mary from the Diary of St. Faustina (635)

... you have to speak to the world about His great mercy and prepare the world for the Second Coming of Him who will come, not as a merciful Savior, but as a just Judge. Oh, how terrible is that day! Determined is the day of justice, the day of divine wrath. The angels tremble before it. Speak to souls about this great mercy while it is still the time for [granting] mercy. If you keep silent now, you will be answering for a great number of souls on that terrible day. ... (635)​

Upvote 0

mea kulpa

Benedictine Traditional Catholic
Feb 9, 2016
united kingdom
✟39,142.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
"Daughters of Jerusalem, do not weep for me; weep for yourselves and for your children. For the time will come when you will say, ‘Blessed are the childless women, the wombs that never bore and the breasts that never nursed"

6359903090739003961625554833_prochoice13sh.jpg

Blessed are the childless women, the wombs that never bore and the breasts that never nursed

Upvote 0

JesusLovesOurLady

Slave of the Handmaid of the Lord
Feb 15, 2017
Roman Catholic Diocese of Nelson
✟6,780.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Hello Mea,
So are you saying that Jesus is prophesizing that people will call women having abortions, as being 'blessed'. Please clarify your post.
I'd argue it's not just women having abortions, but those partaking in contraception, or just plain treating children as a burden and almost as an enemy of women!

I think Luke 23:27 is one of the scariest passages in the New Testament!

Upvote 0

StevenMerten

I Love You, God!
Dec 27, 2005
Lynnwood, WA
Visit site
✟69,502.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I think Jesus is talking about Devout Catholic mothers with, fallen away from the faith, adult children, when Jesus comes as Just Judge to hurl the unrepentant wicked into hell.

Luke 23:29for indeed, the days are coming when people will say, ‘Blessed are the barren, the wombs that never bore and the breasts that never nursed.’30At that time people will say to the mountains, ‘Fall upon us!’ and to the hills, ‘Cover us!’
After Christ's painful crucifixion, Jesus Ressurects into eternal life as King and Ruler of Heaven and Earth. After the unrepentant die a horrible death at Christ's Second Coming, the unrepentant wicked suffer in hell for all eternity. This is why Jesus tells those crying at the foot of His cross to cry for the unrepentant wicked and the pain it will cause their devout Catholic mothers. Better for those women who never had children in the apocalyptic era.

Last edited:
Upvote 0