Who led you to the Lord?

Tavita

beside quiet waters He restores my soul..
Sep 20, 2004
Singleton NSW
✟7,581.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
AU-Liberals
The Holy Spirit led me to the Lord!
I lived in a little town out west of New South Wales, Australia called Moree, roughly 27 years ago.
Seriously, a few people witnessed to me, came to my door one day and talked with me a couple of hours, but weeks later, the Holy Spirit led me to the Lord Himself one night at home in my kitchen. Father God said to me (after months of conviction) "Now! will you take my Son Jesus?" And of course I gave the biggest "Yes", I'd ever given in all my life. The power of Holy Spirit was so strong I was nearly 'slain in the Spirit', so to speak. It was next day I visited the Salvation Army Corps and after discussing with the Captain the night's events, he showed me I'd been born again. Halleluya! And over the years I've fallen deeper in love with my Lord.

Upvote 0
B

Bevlina

As a little girl, the Salvation Army Band playing on the Street Corner always attracted me. I liked their songs. I was sent to a Church of England Sunday School, and learned about Jesus. But, I always knew there was a "Someone" who had made this planet. So, I suppose I can say, the Lord held my Hand and never let go.
I lived in a tiny town in the bush where there were only 2 churches. Catholic and Church of England. Living in the country makes children aware of a big picture I reckon.

Upvote 0
W

Wakeup2god

My mum led me to sunday school every week untill I was about 13 then after a 10 - 13 year gap my sister led me back but I turned away from God big style rejecting Him completely. One night five years ago I went to bed drunk (had a drink problem) and suicidal following the break up of my marriage. The following morning I woke up totaly a new creation. Hence the name 'Wakeup2god'. He turned my life around and cleansed me as I slept.

Big Hallelujahs followed... Never been the same since.

Upvote 0

ZiSunka

It means 'yellow dog'
Jan 16, 2002
✟38,767.00
Faith
Christian
I got saved by listening to the radio. I like to listen to the radio while I work and I started tuning in to Christian radio to make fun of what Christians say, and after a while, it started to make sense to me (what's that the Bible says that faith comes from hearing the word of God?), and after about six months, I knew I wanted to be saved. Even though I didn't really understand fully what that meant or how it worked, I prayed right at my desk at work one day sixteen years ago. Although it's sometimes been really difficult, I have never walked away from the faith, although I have snubbed God a few times.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mustaphile

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2004
Indiana
✟35,696.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
I'll just say God did. I had a sense of God from when I was a little child and I've gone through many different journeys exploring that sense of God. Lots of different experiences and encounters along the way finally led me to getting involved in organised church life. My mother and sister played an important role in that part of my faith experience. I don't think I really came to comprehend my relationship with God until about 15 years after my initial 'born again conversion'.

Upvote 0

Lady_Firehawk

With new mint flavor crystals!
Mar 20, 2004
Evergreen State College
✟10,685.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I was 8 years old and at a Salvation Army camp the first time I really met the Lord... unfortunately, I fell away in middle school and didn't return until late freshman year. It's a bit of a long story, though, and I'm too lazy to type right now. ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Cherub8

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 5, 2005
The Left Coast
✟2,016.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
lambslove said:
So, how'd you all come to faith in Christ?

Who led you to the Lord? Where were you when it happened?
The Lord led me to the Lord. :) He did all the work.

My mom told me about Jesus and what He did for us when I was 7 years old. I did not understand but accepted regardless. I always felt a special 'closeness' with God, even though I ignored Him for many years. It was predestined that I would belong to Him. By late 2003, I had grown tired of living according to what was right in my own eyes --- I would return to the God of my salvation. A dear friend of mine encouraged me, and the Holy Spirit led the way. Praise the Lord for His sovereignty...He desires that none of His sheep should perish.

God bless.

Upvote 0

Cherub8

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 5, 2005
The Left Coast
✟2,016.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I think everybody goes through a phase of being away from the Lord for a time, but, the Lord is always close to them. This is why they turn around to the Lord again, because He turns them around.
Once we are called, we are called!
True words of wisdom. :) Jesus won't let one of His sheep perish. He goes out to look for the lost one and will always find it.

Love that we cannot even remotely comprehend.

Upvote 0

GraceMan

Aug 20, 2004
USA
✟158.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Bevlina said:
I think, when it's all boiled down Must, God leads us all to Him right from the beginning.

Yeah! I do agree with that. God is all in all. I think that God calls us all and those fortunate enough to hear his voice are very blessed indeed.

G-Man

Upvote 0