NW England
✟1,067,350.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Enoch was written in the 2nd temple period and not written by the actual Enoch. "Enoch" wrote about a 364 day solar calendar that was observationally wrong.
Thank you. :)

Reactions: Yekcidmij
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟737,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Try reading a few of the lost books of scripture (Apocrypha).

No such thing as "lost books of scripture".

The term "apocrypha" is applied in two different ways:

1. As a synonymn for the Deuterocanonical Books of the Old Testament, more-or-less those books and versions of books found in the Septuagint but not in the later Tanakh.

2. A general-purpose term to refer to a number of non-canonical works.

In neither case are they "lost" nor "books of scripture". The formation and development of the biblical Canon is well documented and attested throughout history. What's in the Canon is in the Canon on purpose.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟737,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
There were reasons for there removal, the reason being that there was info that was too close to the truth that they did not want the masses to know about or believe.

Take the book of Enoch for instance, he wrote about how the earth & the heavens truly work.
Look how much money NASA would lose, if the masses really understood this.

Then there's the book of Jasher, he wrote about the killing of a half human & half horse animal, they cant have the masses knowing that Genesis 6 is actually true.

Anyway Enoch and the book of Jasher are mentioned in the Bible.

The books which were eventually combined into the book of Enoch were written at different times over a period of centuries between about 200 BC and 100 AD. They have nothing to do with the biblical Enoch.

The book of Jasher has been lost to the sands of time and no copy exists. If you've read a "Book of Jasher" somewhere then you either were reading a piece of medieval Jewish Midrash known as the Sefer haYashar, written sometime in the late middle ages; or you were reading an 18th century forgery written by Jacob Ilive. Jacob Ilive's forgery was detected and recognized immediately, because it was actually a terrible job--it purports to be a translaion done by an 8th century English monk who, apparently, could write in perfect 17th century English. If you believe that then just wait until you hear about Mr. Smith and his astonishing discovery of golden plates in upstate New York.

-CryptoLutheran

• Informative
Reactions: Strong in Him
Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,067,350.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The books which were eventually combined into the book of Enoch were written at different times over a period of centuries between about 200 BC and 100 AD. They have nothing to do with the biblical Enoch.

The book of Jasher has been lost to the sands of time and no copy exists. If you've read a "Book of Jasher" somewhere then you either were reading a piece of medieval Jewish Midrash known as the Sefer haYashar, written sometime in the late middle ages; or you were reading an 18th century forgery written by Jacob Ilive. Jacob Ilive's forgery was detected and recognized immediately, because it was actually a terrible job--it purports to be a translaion done by an 8th century English monk who, apparently, could write in perfect 17th century English. If you believe that then just wait until you hear about Mr. Smith and his astonishing discovery of golden plates in upstate New York.

-CryptoLutheran
:oldthumbsup:
I wanted to give you a "like" and say, "thank you for the information."
It's a shame we can't give 2 ratings to a post.

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,196,305.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
The Bible doesn't mention a lot of things, but it doesn't mean it's not true.
Like the globe earth.
Try reading a few of the lost books of scripture (Apocrypha).
They are not "lost" books of Scripture. They are spurious works which were never considered Scripture.

• Agree
Reactions: ViaCrucis
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Apple Sky

In Sight Like Unto An Emerald
Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2024
south wales
✟43,552.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Like the globe earth.

They are not "lost" books of Scripture. They are spurious works which were never considered Scripture.

A number of biblical canons have since evolved. Christian biblical canons range from the 73 books of the Catholic Church canon, and the 66-book canon of most Protestant denominations, to the 81 books of the Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church canon,

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟141,571.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Who was Melchizedek and why was he so important?

Melchizedek | Story, Meaning, Priesthood, & Bible Verse ...

Melchizedek, in the Hebrew Bible (Old Testament), a figure of importance in biblical tradition because he was both king and priest, was connected with Jerusalem, and was revered by Abraham, who paid a tithe to him.

A Strange Story concerning Melchizedek -

Noah had a bother called 'Nir', Nir had a wife called 'Sopanim' who became pregnant in her old age.
She is embarrassed by this pregnancy and hides herself until the child is due. When Nir discovers she is pregnant he rebukes her and intends to send her away because she has disgraced him, but instead she falls dead at his feet.

Noah discovers this and tells Nir that the Lord has “covered up our scandal.” They bury Sopanim in a black shroud in a secret grave.
However the child was not dead and came out of the dead mother as a fully developed child. This terrifies Nir and Noah, but since the child is “glorious in appearance” they realize the Lord is renewing the priesthood in their bloodline. They name the child 'Melchizedek'.

Melchizedek is only with Nir for forty days, then the Lord instructs Arc Angel Michael to go and take the boy up to heaven. The Lord calls him 'My Child Melchizedek'.

The child is to be placed in Paradise forever. Nir is so grieved by the loss of his son. He also dies leaving no more priests in the world, allowing the world to become even more evil. Noah is therefore instructed to build the ark.

This strange miraculous birth story for Melchizedek is part of an interest in the King of Salem (Salem - Later to become known as Jerusalem) first mentioned in the Bible in Genesis 14:18.
This is my answer to "Who was Melchizedek and why was he so important?"

Melchizedek was a figure mentioned in the Old Testament of the Bible, specifically in the books of Genesis and Psalms. He is described as a king of Salem, which later came to be known as Jerusalem (Genesis 14:18), and a priest of God Most High. Melchizedek is most famously known for his encounter with Abram (later called Abraham) after Abram's victorious battle against the kings who had taken Lot captive.

The significance of Melchizedek lies in his unique priestly role and his connection to the messianic promises made to Abram. When Abram returned from battle, Melchizedek blessed him with these words: "Blessed be Abram by God Most High, who created heaven and earth. And praise be to God Most High, who delivered your enemies into your hand" (Genesis 14:19-20). In response, Abram gave Melchizedek a tenth of all the goods he had recovered.

Melchizedek's priesthood was unique because he was not descended from Levi, the tribe through which the priests were ordinarily chosen. This prefigures the New Testament concept of the priesthood of Melchizedek, which is applied to Jesus in the book of Hebrews. In this context, Melchizedek serves as a type (or foreshadowing) of Jesus, who is both our King and High Priest (Hebrews 5:6, 7:1-3).

Therefore, Melchizedek was important in the Old Testament because of his unique role as a king-priest and his connection to Jesus as a type and foreshadowing of the Messiah.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟737,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
A number of biblical canons have since evolved. Christian biblical canons range from the 73 books of the Catholic Church canon, and the 66-book canon of most Protestant denominations, to the 81 books of the Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church canon,

It speaks volumes that on the one hand you think you are being "biblical" and insist upon that in the strict and idiosyncratic way you do--and are on record for saying anyone who doesn't share that view isn't even a Christian; and on the other hand you think the Bible is so wishy-washy that you are free to add or remove whatever you want and call whatever is to your own personal preference "Scripture".

Because what that means is that all that matters to you is what you personally feel is true, and you don't have any external and objective standard you are appealing to; it is all your own subjective feelings and preferences.

You might as well just be honest and say that the standard of authority for you is yourself. Because that's what it actually comes down to. You don't care what the Bible says, you'll use the Bible only insofar as you can use the Bible for your own personal preference; because no doubt as soon as the Bible says something you don't like you'll have no trouble throwing it in the trash bin and choosing something else.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Apple Sky

In Sight Like Unto An Emerald
Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2024
south wales
✟43,552.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It speaks volumes that on the one hand you think you are being "biblical"

What is being biblical ?
and on the other hand you think the Bible is so wishy-washy that you are free to add or remove whatever you want and call whatever is to your own personal preference "Scripture".

I do not think the Bible is wishy washy & I've certainly never added anything to it. I may have read between the lines of some verses & what they may mean, but I've never added or taken away from Gods words, unlike some.

Because what that means is that all that matters to you is what you personally feel is true, and you don't have any external and objective standard you are appealing to; it is all your own subjective feelings and preferences.

Such as ??

because no doubt as soon as the Bible says something you don't like you'll have no trouble throwing it in the trash bin and choosing something else.

All God's word to me are true so there are no words of God I do not like or prefer.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟737,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
All God's word to me are true so there are no words of God I do not like or prefer.

Who gets to decide what is and what isn't God's word? You?

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟737,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
God & the Bible.

Okay, let's deal with the second part of your answer, "the Bible".

How many books are in the Bible, and where does the Bible tell me which books are divinely inspired?

It sounds to me like you're saying I'm missing books in my Bible and I can find God's word in books outside of the Bible--so there is Bible outside my Bible. But you're also telling me the Bible is where I can find out which books are God's word and which aren't.

At this point I simply don't know what you mean when you say "the Bible".

So when you say "the Bible" what do you mean? What are you referring to? What's the Bible?

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0