Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Ive always hung out with my family. The grandma's, the parents. I am 30 years old and if I had my choice to hang out with those of my age or those in there 60's or 70's, I would go with older. I just love old people. I love to hear their stories and they just seem so wise. I could sit and talk for hours..^_^ And not get bored for a minute. All of my friends my age have moved away to another state. I love the fellowship with those my age but I can get along with older people better. :wave:

Reactions: linux.poet
Upvote 0

Miles

Student of Life
Mar 6, 2005
USA
✟386,221.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
A combination of a little younger (mid 20s) and a lot older (60s or so). The former tend to be single, and the latter have the wisdom and perspective that comes from living a long life. I find it extremely difficult to relate to newlyweds and/or people my own age with kids.

• Winner
Upvote 0

JPPT1974

School's Out!
Mar 18, 2004
Small Town, USA
✟571,385.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Savedthroughfaith said:
Our friends vary in age....I have friends who are in their early 20s and I have friends in their 50s....

Yeah I am with you in that group
You must had read my mind!:thumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MargoPego

Give thanks - the Son never fails to shine
May 16, 2006
Visit site
✟15,614.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I used to always be one of the older ones in the group, but slowly it's moved the other way. I don't mind! Since arriving up here in Inuvik my closest friends have mostly been in their late forties or fifties. Two good friends, though, have been much younger, but one's out of here & the other & I've slipped apart. Just the way it goes. I'm slowly moving into another group of people older than me. Interesting! Haven't had any really good friends my age to hang out with since I've been up here. Actually, I am missing that a bit. I'm praying for that, though, & so we'll see.

Upvote 0

HoosierCanuck

Senior Contributor
Feb 4, 2004
midwest US
✟24,192.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I have read through these posts. I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who has friends much older.

Was this true for you when you were in your twenties? If not, do you you think it came with maturity/age? I think so for me. I'm pretty sure 10 years ago you probably wouldn't have found me hanging out with the group I hang out with now because I was too busy trying to 'be 25'. Now I don't care. I just like to be around people who are 'real' and I am comfortable with regardless of age. I definitely don't relate to people my age who are married/with kids/etc....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JPPT1974

School's Out!
Mar 18, 2004
Small Town, USA
✟571,385.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I love being a loner and I don't know why
Maybe because I love to do my own stuff
As well as just know that I can pick it for me
Rather than someone else pick it for me
If you know what I mean!

Upvote 0

angelsword

May 23, 2006
nassau, bahamas
Visit site
✟17,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Are you more likely to hang out with folks in their twenties or forties? Basically, are you one of the younger ones in your crowd or one of the older ones?
I hang out with younger people. Don't know why? Maybe it is more my speed! ;)

Upvote 0