Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I watched most of the debate, honestly VanKleet was completely under water here. That said, I have also read elsewhere that some see it as VanKleet "destroying" White....so I guess perception may be at work.

Upvote 0

Hammster

The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,750,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I watched most of the debate, honestly VanKleet was completely under water here. That said, I have also read elsewhere that some see it as VanKleet "destroying" White....so I guess perception may be at work.
I’m not sure how that can even be said. Van Keeck just died on the cross examination. He just started preaching about something else every time he got tripped up.

Upvote 0

Brother-Mike

Predetermined to freely believe
Aug 16, 2022
Toronto
✟41,941.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
That mumbo-jumbo slide with Bayes’ Theorem was the official “jumping the shark” moment for me :grinning: What are these guys thinking, not just VanKleet but a number of other word-salad “theologians” lately?

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,750,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
The Bible it seems is shifting sand. No one knows what the originals look like it's just tradition of fallible men.
I disagree. I think Dr. White gives a reasoned argument as to why it’s reliable, and he praises God for giving us plenty of manuscripts to support our translations.

Upvote 0

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟760,873.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
I disagree. I think Dr. White gives a reasoned argument as to why it’s reliable, and he praises God for giving us plenty of manuscripts to support our translations.
Your response is modern, it's a new tradition Warfield changed the confessional view to deal with the liberal Germans and here we are.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,750,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Good Day

VanKleet's answer to Whites second question (under-cross) sealed the loss for him big time.
On the 2nd cross-x, I don’t know if he didn’t understand the questions, or if he did and decided to distract with the preaching.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BBAS 64

Contributor
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
New England
✟519,910.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
On the 2nd cross-x, I don’t know if he didn’t understand the questions, or if he did and decided to distract with the preaching.

Good Day, Hammster

I think he understood the question and to respond in an adequate manner he would need to provide some evidence which he clearly does not have to support his claim.

In Him,

Bill

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Hammster
Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟817,158.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I felt sorry for the guy. He brought an empty bic pen, spit, and a sheet of paper to a gun fight.
I once saw him kill three men in a bar... with a pencil

Upvote 0