• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

• Starting today August 7th, 2024, in order to post in the Married Couples, Courting Couples, or Singles forums, you will not be allowed to post if you have your Marital status designated as private. Announcements will be made in the respective forums as well but please note that if yours is currently listed as Private, you will need to submit a ticket in the Support Area to have yours changed.

Which version of the Bible do you read?

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟3,005,039.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Reactions: Leaviathan
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟846,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟950,912.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hello all,
I am just curious...which version of the Bible do you all use? My church which is a Christian Reformed congregation either uses the NRSV or the ESV. I prefer the ESV myself. I feel its way easier to read and understand....

ESV is not a bad translation I typically prefer the NASB myself.

Upvote 0

Brown Eyed Girl

Sweet Autumn Child
Jul 10, 2022
North Carolina
✟8,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Single
Study - ESV mostly, NASB95 sometimes (I actually prefer the language of NASB95, as it's modern, word-for-word and somehow maintains the KJV poeticism, but I'm lukewarm on my personal copy -- I think it's the font. Plus, my study Bible is in ESV)
Devotional - HCSB
Memory - ESV and KJV

Upvote 0