When did the Church which is Christs Body begin?

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟200,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I politely disagree, the apostles were already saved by grace long before they fled to Damascus.
I must have MIssed THAT verse and I must have MISSED those verse and write , where they are found ?

dan p

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟901,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I must have MIssed THAT verse and I must have MISSED those verse and write , where they are found ?

dan p

Here’s an example of a prostitute being saved by faith during Jesus’ ministry.

“For this reason I say to you, her sins, which are many, have been forgiven, for she loved much; but he who is forgiven little, loves little.” Then He said to her, “Your sins have been forgiven.” Those who were reclining at the table with Him began to say to themselves, “Who is this man who even forgives sins?” And He said to the woman, “Your faith has saved you; go in peace.””
‭‭Luke‬ ‭7‬:‭47‬-‭50‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

The apostles were beloved followers of Christ, they had entered thru Him.

“I am the door; if anyone enters through Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.”
‭‭John‬ ‭10‬:‭9‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

The apostles were believers of the gospel so they were also saved according to this statement.

“And He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation. He who has believed and has been baptized shall be saved; but he who has disbelieved shall be condemned. These signs will accompany those who have believed: in My name they will cast out demons, they will speak with new tongues; they will pick up serpents, and if they drink any deadly poison, it will not hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.””
‭‭Mark‬ ‭16‬:‭15‬-‭18‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟200,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

“For this reason I say to you, her sins, which are many, have been forgiven, for she loved much; but he who is forgiven little, loves little.” Then He said to her, “Your sins have been forgiven.” Those who were reclining at the table with Him began to say to themselves, “Who is this man who even forgives sins?” And He said to the woman, “Your faith has saved you; go in peace.””

“I am the door; if anyone enters through Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.”

The apostles were believers of the gospel so they were also saved according to this statement.

“And He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation. He who has believed and has been baptized shall be saved; but he who has disbelieved shall be condemned. These signs will accompany those who have believed: in My name they will cast out demons, they will speak with new tongues; they will pick up serpents, and if they drink any deadly poison, it will not hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.””
Has ANYONE ever seen Mark 16:15- 18 happen , that you know of , or anyone ever seen it happen and seen anyone cast out DEMONS , drink any deadly thing , and speak in NEW TONGUES ? Must have been EXCITING and I grew up in CHURCH'S where TONGUES were spoken and as child and it scared me .

dan p

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟901,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Has ANYONE ever seen Mark 16:15- 18 happen , that you know of , or anyone ever seen it happen and seen anyone cast out DEMONS , drink any deadly thing , and speak in NEW TONGUES ? Must have been EXCITING and I grew up in CHURCH'S where TONGUES were spoken and as child and it scared me .

dan p
I attended a Pentecostal church as a child and yes it scared the heck out of me, my brother & sister, and my mom. We never went back.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟200,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

And I do believe that Christ as Lord saves and the only one that saved .

But to go into all NATIONS /ETHNOS is what Matt 29:19 , really says .

And what gospel will you say that the apostles preached in Matthew ?

What are your thoughts on Eph 2:8 ?

dan p

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟901,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
And I do believe that Christ as Lord saves and the only one that saved .

But to go into all NATIONS /ETHNOS is what Matt 29:19 , really says .

And what gospel will you say that the apostles preached in Matthew ?

What are your thoughts on Eph 2:8 ?

dan p
I’m not sure I’m understanding you correctly or perhaps you miswrote what you intended to say. Are you saying that Jesus Christ didn’t save people and He is not the only way to salvation?

“Jesus *said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.”
‭‭John‬ ‭14‬:‭6‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

“let it be known to all of you and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ the Nazarene, whom you crucified, whom God raised from the dead—by this name this man stands here before you in good health. He is the stone which was rejected by you, the builders, but which became the chief corner stone. And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved.””
‭‭Acts‬ ‭4‬:‭10‬-‭12‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

Are you quoting Ephesians 2:8 implying that we are saved by faith and not by Jesus Christ? Surely you must understand that the faith that Paul is referring to is our faith in Jesus Christ.

The apostles preached the gospel of Christ. The same gospel that both Jesus and Paul said was to be preached to all men, of all nations, to the whole world, to all creation. Jesus and Paul taught the same gospel, the only difference is Paul’s gospel had more information in it than Christ’s did because after Christ’s resurrection more information was revealed concerning how He would save people. During Christ’s ministry this wasn’t revealed yet but it was still the same gospel.

“This gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all the nations, and then the end will come.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭24‬:‭14‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

“Truly I say to you, wherever this gospel is preached in the whole world, what this woman has done will also be spoken of in memory of her.””
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭26‬:‭13‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

“And He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭16‬:‭15‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

“For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭1‬:‭16‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

“if indeed you continue in the faith firmly established and steadfast, and not moved away from the hope of the gospel that you have heard, which was proclaimed in all creation under heaven, and of which I, Paul, was made a minister.”
‭‭Colossians‬ ‭1‬:‭23‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

“And I saw another angel flying in midheaven, having an eternal gospel to preach to those who live on the earth, and to every nation and tribe and tongue and people;”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭14‬:‭6‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

There’s only one gospel my friend.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟200,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I’m not sure I’m understanding you correctly or perhaps you miswrote what you intended to say. Are you saying that Jesus Christ didn’t save people and He is not the only way to salvation?

“Jesus *said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.”
‭‭John‬ ‭14‬:‭6‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

“let it be known to all of you and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ the Nazarene, whom you crucified, whom God raised from the dead—by this name this man stands here before you in good health. He is the stone which was rejected by you, the builders, but which became the chief corner stone. And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved.””
‭‭Acts‬ ‭4‬:‭10‬-‭12‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

Are you quoting Ephesians 2:8 implying that we are saved by faith and not by Jesus Christ? Surely you must understand that the faith that Paul is referring to is our faith in Jesus Christ.

The apostles preached the gospel of Christ. The same gospel that both Jesus and Paul said was to be preached to all men, of all nations, to the whole world, to all creation. Jesus and Paul taught the same gospel, the only difference is Paul’s gospel had more information in it than Christ’s did because after Christ’s resurrection more information was revealed concerning how He would save people. During Christ’s ministry this wasn’t revealed yet but it was still the same gospel.

“This gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all the nations, and then the end will come.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭24‬:‭14‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

“Truly I say to you, wherever this gospel is preached in the whole world, what this woman has done will also be spoken of in memory of her.””
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭26‬:‭13‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

“And He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭16‬:‭15‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

“For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭1‬:‭16‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

“if indeed you continue in the faith firmly established and steadfast, and not moved away from the hope of the gospel that you have heard, which was proclaimed in all creation under heaven, and of which I, Paul, was made a minister.”
‭‭Colossians‬ ‭1‬:‭23‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

“And I saw another angel flying in midheaven, having an eternal gospel to preach to those who live on the earth, and to every nation and tribe and tongue and people;”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭14‬:‭6‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

There’s only one gospel my friend.
And if that is so , how was Adam and Eve saved ?

How was Peter saved ?

How was Paul saved ?

How were anyone saved under the OLD COVENANT ?

How is anyone saved UNDER the NEW COVENANT ?

In Gal 2:7 Paul was ENTRUSTED with the GOSPEL of the UNCIRCUMCISION ?

In the same verse Peter , just as Peter was of the CIRCUMCISION ?

Your thoughts on the above as I missed what you say is there is only one GOSPEL ?

I missed one in Rev 14:6 called the 3VERLASTING GOSPEL ?

Your thoughts ?

dan p

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟901,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
And if that is so , how was Adam and Eve saved ?

How was Peter saved ?

How was Paul saved ?

How were anyone saved under the OLD COVENANT ?

How is anyone saved UNDER the NEW COVENANT ?

In Gal 2:7 Paul was ENTRUSTED with the GOSPEL of the UNCIRCUMCISION ?

In the same verse Peter , just as Peter was of the CIRCUMCISION ?

Your thoughts on the above as I missed what you say is there is only one GOSPEL ?

I missed one in Rev 14:6 called the 3VERLASTING GOSPEL ?

Your thoughts ?

dan p
It’s not exactly revealed in the scriptures how Adam & Eve were saved nor anyone before the Mosaic law but my belief is that when Christ died and He went to preach to the spirits in prison He actually went to Abraham’s Bosom and preached to everyone there. I’m not saying that’s exactly what happened but I believe it is a possibility.

As for Peter & Paul there are several passages indicating that they both preached to both Jews and Gentiles.

Another thing to consider is that everyone will be judged by Christ.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟200,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It’s not exactly revealed in the scriptures how Adam & Eve were saved nor anyone before the Mosaic law but my belief is that when Christ died and He went to preach to the spirits in prison He actually went to Abraham’s Bosom and preached to everyone there. I’m not saying that’s exactly what happened but I believe it is a possibility.

As for Peter & Paul there are several passages indicating that they both preached to both Jews and Gentiles.

Another thing to consider is that everyone will be judged by Christ.
And here is HOW , Adam and Eve were saved , and Gen 3:21 explain it all and what are your though on that verse ????

dan p

Upvote 0