Visit site
✟17,470.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I thought this was cute and wanted to share...

When A Woman Loves A Military Man...

1.) If she wasn't emotional before, that is all about to change.

2.) You getting a higher rank could just mean an automatic free lay.

3.) Get her a pair of dog tags, ASAP. This is crucial; she will never take them off.

4.) Most of the time, you losing reception during training is your fault. (Though, she will eventually understand)

5.) Most of the time, everything is your fault.
(This especially goes for when she is pregnant)

6.) She WILL start talking like you and your guys talk, including using your last names.

7.) Her patriotism could out-do most of your men... she will be proud... VERY proud.

8.) Be Ready: your car will end up with a yellow ribbon magnet or an "I LOVE MY _____" sticker eventually.
(if you have separate cars, hers will DEFINITELY have these)

9.) She will most likely need a pair of dog tags to hang from the car's rear view mirror. (see 3)

10.) Every week she'll have "another song" that makes her think of you when you're away.
(And she'll cry to it, even when you're in the same room)

11.) If youre married, she may know the base better than you do... Don't take it personal.

12.) You will catch her comparing your relationship with "other couples" in the military constantly.

13.) She'll make 5 million friends online, and talk to you about them all the time because her "old friends just don't understand" like they do.

14.) Don't be shocked when she just drops civilian chicks out of her life like flies. (She mostly does this when they complain to her)

15.) DO NOT, if you love her, say anything about you not wanting to make her wait for you...
(TRUST me men, YOU ARE WORTH every breath to these women, or they wouldn't be here)

16.) Most women actually do LOVE it when you are sweaty and dirty, even the girlie girls. It's sexy as hell.

17.) Only bring up the field once, say it clear, and don't bring it up again. We will remember the time, and the dates, like stone inside our mind.
Don't remind us.

18.) You ARE our hero. That isn't us being cute, it's us swelling with pride, feeling like a princess everytime we glance over and you're standing there.

19.) Don't worry about waking her up when you get a chance to call, trust me, she's NOT sleeping.
If she is, she's been waiting for you to call all night, and fell asleep next to the phone.

20.) Leave at least 3 of your shirts for her... she'll wear them all the time and if she doesnt wear them out she WILL wear them to sleep.

21.) No matter what she was like before, she is tough & harder than a rock now. She can handle anything, she will get through it, tears or no tears.

22.) Dont be discouraged or taken back from her strength. It comes with the territory. When in your arms, she's still your queen, soft and sweet.

23.) Your kids might see mommy as the one in charge for a while, it's okay, they WILL respect you, just give it time.

24.) EVERYTHING in her life will be complicated, so she might not always get the simple things you say to her.

25.) Tag Chasers are her WORST enemy, she CAN and WILL spot these girls... random profain comments may come out of your little queens' mouth...
its okay, she's protecting her best asset...you.

26.) She will spend hours to look good on cam & pics for you, this is just a pasttime until you get home, be prepared for messy ponytails and comfy pants when you finally do get home.

27.) Her favorite sentences from you start with "when i get home" or "when i get out".

Lastly guys,

28.) No matter how much she's changed, never forget that you mean the world to her, she loves you more than anything, and you will ALWAYS be her hero..whether you think you are one or not

3girls2dogs

Catholic
Aug 15, 2005
Arizona
✟25,188.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
10.) Every week she'll have "another song" that makes her think of you when you're away.
(And she'll cry to it, even when you're in the same room)

Oh my, I do this all the time, and it drives my husband nuts. The day after he got home from Iraq last week, we heard that "If You're Reading This" by Tim McGraw. I started bawling, and he got all mad. He's like, "I'm home, duh!! I made it back safely, why are you crying to this song". I can't explain it.

LOL, thanks for posting.

Upvote 0

Billnew

Legend
Apr 23, 2004
Ohio
Visit site
✟35,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Here is something for the women.

1.You are the only link to sanity and the civilized world.
The most trivial thing you do, would be heaven to them.
even something as simple as a long hot shower, could be the greatest thing in the world.
2. They will be different, They will have to figure out how to move from a war hero, to a simple worker, husband and father again. Living with what they saw, What they had to do to survive. This time will be slow.
Some will never find the peace they once knew.
3. for some, the change may be to much for the old relationship to endure. Both people have changed during the war, drastically. They may want to push away the ones they love, not wanting to expose you to the...hell they have been through. Ashamed of what they did, avoiding facing what happened by avoiding the
people that care for them, because they don't deserve to be happy, becasue they killed, or others got killed because they did or didn't do something.
Your conquering warrior is a hero, even though he won't believe it.
They, for the most part still love you, but the change back to peace time is a drastic one.
Loved ones can be difference between endless pain and misery, and a satisfied loving life. Love them even when they don't love themselves. And love them enough not to let them fall into the bottle, pills or illegal materials.
These are a self destructing way to find peace, but reality will always come back, and will be worse then ever.(Reality being the hangover plus the problems you had before you took the___)

Be there for them, they need someone to care enough to help them back to as close to the person they were before they served. He is inside the war torn dirty tired
sole that comes off the plane.

Reactions: Gwenyfur
Upvote 0

3girls2dogs

Catholic
Aug 15, 2005
Arizona
✟25,188.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Thank you for that sage advice, BillNew. I have noticed that my husband is not the same man that left 7 months ago. I don't think he will ever tell me everything, when we speak about it, it is always very general, although he is convinced it is worth it.

I love him with my whole heart, though, and that won't change. Again, thanks for the advice :hug:

Upvote 0

Billnew

Legend
Apr 23, 2004
Ohio
Visit site
✟35,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Some men from world war 2, never talked about it to thier wives.
That is why the VFW and other war related groups are so important. We(those that never have been to war)
will never know what they went through(any war), and may even be horrified at the savagery that happened daily.
Don't push him to share. But help him to find the people he can talk with, profession or comrades in arms.
I was close as I ever want to be to war. I have seen the people that have been to war.

Even that close to war, changes you. To pick up a m-16, knowing you could be going to battle, to kill, or to be killed.
They are heros, but they can't accept that title. Both
mentally and modestly. They did what they had to to survive, they did what they had to to get their friends through the encounters. We call the heros, they call it
just doing their job. ANd if they were heros, everyone would have come home alive and ok.

Upvote 0

The Princess Bride

Legend
Site Supporter
May 2, 2005
Georgia
✟69,826.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Oh my, I do this all the time, and it drives my husband nuts. The day after he got home from Iraq last week, we heard that "If You're Reading This" by Tim McGraw. I started bawling, and he got all mad. He's like, "I'm home, duh!! I made it back safely, why are you crying to this song". I can't explain it.

LOL, thanks for posting.
I can't stand listening to that song right now....:cry: I dont even want to THINK about the possibility John might not come back...because I know he will.

Upvote 0

3girls2dogs

Catholic
Aug 15, 2005
Arizona
✟25,188.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I can't stand listening to that song right now....:cry: I dont even want to THINK about the possibility John might not come back...because I know he will.
I understand completely. There were a lot of songs I couldn't listen to while my dh was gone, either. :hug:

Upvote 0

cherryblossom03

I am Batman!
Aug 7, 2007
Fort Campbell, KY
✟8,430.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

LOL, thanks for posting.
I can't listen to that song right now. Dh has been gone for about 3 weeks and I was doing ok, but then this song came on the radio while I was driving and I had to pull over I was crying so hard.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.