What's the weather like where you are? (10)

Gidgx

Truth Seeker
Site Supporter
Sep 16, 2006
✟664,893.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Currently 91.

We get a reprieve through Sunday, mid-90s on average. Then back up to 103-105 beginning Monday, not quite as hot as it has been.

I saw a map/article today on what Texas cities could be underwater by 2050. It was an interactive map so it also showed the entire coast of the US and was based on an increase in current conditions, including pollution. It didn't look promising.

I told my husband that we may be hot at the moment, but at least we aren't floating away in a flood and haven't been hit by a tornado. We're in better shape that a lot of folks.
Unfortunately, we're in Tornado season here so we get warnings a lot. Right now it's a nice sunny day. Last night was not the worst thought. Though the rain and wind were interesting.

Upvote 0

godisagardener

Romans 10:6-9, Ephesians 2:8-10
Jul 7, 2022
Texas
✟66,552.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Unfortunately, we're in Tornado season here so we get warnings a lot. Right now it's a nice sunny day. Last night was not the worst thought. Though the rain and wind were interesting.

Our tornado season is mainly April/May/June. But the weather has been so cranky for a number of years that we can get them almost all year, though spring mainly. Our area used to be called Tornado Alley, but it seems that name may have shifted east to the more southeastern states. They seem to be taking the brunt lately. Though a couple nearby small towns took direct hits this spring. You just never know with the weather.

Reactions: rebornfree
Upvote 0

godisagardener

Jul 7, 2022
Texas
✟66,552.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Currently 108.

But only feels like 107. :ebil:

Need rain desperately. I've been watering my okra plants with the milk jug drip method to try to keep them alive. Hopefully they won't be swallowed up by the cracks in the ground. :oops:

Reactions: rebornfree
Upvote 0

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟796,395.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
I'm sorry folks but we've got the rain and the cooler temperatures. I'd send the rain over to you if I could. It's almost everyday. Is it normally so dry at this time of year where you live?
Currently 108.

But only feels like 107. :ebil:

Need rain desperately. I've been watering my okra plants with the milk jug drip method to try to keep them alive. Hopefully they won't be swallowed up by the cracks in the ground. :oops:
I hope you get rain soon and your plants thrive.
I can't imagine living in an area where you get tornadoes. Do you get enough warning to get out or batten down?

In the UK it's mid teens C (about 60F) and alternate cloud and rain and cloud without rain. I'm not complaining, although I keep forgetting that it's July! But I'm so thankful not to have the problems southern Europe is suffering from. Greece is having a particularly hard time, with high temperatures and wild fires, at the moment. It sounds as if some of you in the States are also having problems.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟82,928.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
My late husband and I moved north when he retired from the army. We hoped for cooler weather. So far August has cooled down to upper 70s and mid 80s. I don't like 90s at all. I'm glad summers are a little shorter.

Upvote 0

godisagardener

Jul 7, 2022
Texas
✟66,552.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
My late husband and I moved north when he retired from the army. We hoped for cooler weather. So far August has cooled down to upper 70s and mid 80s. I don't like 90s at all. I'm glad summers are a little shorter.

That sounds nice. ;)

The weather is getting so bad everywhere. We see it on the news and then it happens in our own towns. :(

Yesterday we managed 112°. There were about 10,000 people on the west side of town without electricity for a large part of the day because of some type of freak thunderstorm that popped up Thursday evening late and created a downburst. It destroyed several businesses and toppled power lines. About 1,500 are still without power today but some churches and city facilities provided temporary shelter. Also yesterday there was a big mesquite brush wildfire on our side of town, just a couple miles up the highway. Some apartments, houses and businesses had to be evacuated and roads were closed. Thankfully the various fire departments and volunteers from around the area got it out and people were able to go home. But now there are two more burning in the county.

I think the high today was only 111°. ;)

This too shall pass. God watches over us.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟82,928.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
That sounds nice. ;)

The weather is getting so bad everywhere. We see it on the news and then it happens in our own towns. :(

Yesterday we managed 112°. There were about 10,000 people on the west side of town without electricity for a large part of the day because of some type of freak thunderstorm that popped up Thursday evening late and created a downburst. It destroyed several businesses and toppled power lines. About 1,500 are still without power today but some churches and city facilities provided temporary shelter. Also yesterday there was a big mesquite brush wildfire on our side of town, just a couple miles up the highway. Some apartments, houses and businesses had to be evacuated and roads were closed. Thankfully the various fire departments and volunteers from around the area got it out and people were able to go home. But now there are two more burning in the county.

I think the high today was only 111°. ;)

This too shall pass. God watches over us.
Oh, my. I hope your county has no more wildfires and thunderstorms! Only 111 degrees? Yikes!

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟82,928.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
10:00 PM

103°F

Some day, in the blink of an eye, fall will show up, and be welcomed with open arms.
:fallenleaf:
What was I thinking! I liked the thought of fall, but not 103 degrees. On Thursday it's supposed to be 97 degrees! Argh! The following SUNDAY 77--:)

Upvote 0

godisagardener

Jul 7, 2022
Texas
✟66,552.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
What was I thinking! I liked the thought of fall, but not 103 degrees. On Thursday it's supposed to be 97 degrees! Argh! The following SUNDAY 77--:)

We've had 49 days so far this summer of at least 100°. Our record is 100 days in 2011. So I guess we should feel blessed. ;) But this year it just seems worse.

Forecast shows ~105-107 through Sunday. Hopefully will see highs in the 90s by Monday/Tuesday. It has to end sometime. That's the way our seasons usually go. Overnight summer changes to fall for a few weeks and then the same for winter.

Upvote 0