United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thoughts?
In that scenario, we will (functionally) become a third-world nation again.
Maybe current third-world nations have strategies for dealing with that...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,115,199.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Marauders is a term referred to by preppers as those whose post Stuff Hits the Fan plan is to hunt down preppers and rob them.
Thoughts?

Work with like minded people in your community to build a community plan.

I read a dissertation by a Soviet economist who came to America. After the USSR collapsed; he was going back and forth to what became Russia, to visit family. The Soviet lifestyle and economy compared to ours; so the information that he gathered from what he saw after the collapse is very useful to us. He said that communities would form gangs that would go pillage other communities. In absence of police, usually it would be ex-police officers that would lead the people of the communities to defend their communities from invaders. This made travel very difficult.

Community members need to work together to defend their common interests.

I have a really good idea for building community support; although I have not implemented it.

Here is how it works. Build concrete pads that will support pallet racks. Put plastic tanks on the racks. Fill them with tilapia. Feed the tilapia lemon grass. The tilapia will produce excrement. The excrement can be used to grow lemon grass. If this is done right; it can be a closed system.

Using this method, one acre can produce enough tilapia to sustain 200 people. Marauders can't run away with your tilapia farm. They would have to murder you, and occupy your farm. If you are feeding 200 friends; those friends would have a strong interest in making sure that would never happen.

You can educate your community to yield other products, to barter for tilapia.

If there is no emergency, you still have a strong community, that is self reliant, with strong social bonds.

I asked an old cowboy, what he did with his cows before refrigeration. He said that he was in a cattle club. There were 52 members. Each week 51 members would show up at another member's ranch to butcher his cow, and divide it amongst themselves. This type of counting on your neighbors. builds unity, trust, and friendship in the community.

Upvote 0

IceJad

May 23, 2005
✟104,760.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Marauders is a term referred to by preppers as those whose post Stuff Hits the Fan plan is to hunt down preppers and rob them.
Thoughts?

So by prepping you're a resource target? Then why not take the initiative? Since you will have more resources and a support group of like minded people, when apocalypse comes go marauder hunting!

Preppers are more ready than others to detect and correctly assess a coming societal breakdown. You have the first strike advantage.

A good defense is a good offense! You eliminate the threat early before they organized and get to take whatever meager resources they have. :idea: ^_^

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,115,199.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
So by prepping you're a resource target? Then why not take the initiative? Since you will have more resources and a support group of like minded people, when apocalypse comes go marauder hunting!

I don't think that marauder's are kosher. If I'm eating marauders when the zombie apocalypse comes; wouldn't that make me a zombie? I hear that you are what you eat.

If you have your community taking watch shifts, at checkpoints, with a way to sound an alarm (fireworks might be a nice choice if communications are down); the marauders will look for a community that is less organized. Criminals are lazy. They'll look for an easier mark.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

IceJad

May 23, 2005
✟104,760.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I don't think that marauder's are kosher. If I'm eating marauders when the zombie apocalypse comes; wouldn't that make me a zombie? I hear that you are what you eat.

Cannon fodder and bait for the zombies maybe? Hey better them than you.

If you have your community taking watch shifts, at checkpoints, with a way to sound an alarm (fireworks might be a nice choice if communications are down); the marauders will look for a community that is less organized. Criminals are lazy. They'll look for an easier mark.

Depends really, rarely a country will fall into total chaos more so the whole earth. Even without a proper government people will organize and form a control structure. Look at Somalia, Yemen and Syria. Areas abandoned by the government form their own administration controlled by the people who have the most guns. Live goes on in some limited normalcy. Even criminals and militia know that a constant rampant lawlessness is not good for governance.

The thing you see in mad max, walking dead and all the likes are highly improbable. All predicated on a mass extinction of the population of the country and the survivors turning savage. Militias will form in the vacuum of a government that will become the government. Not to mention surrounding nations will take interest in controlling your country for various reasons.

Even if you form a small community with barricaded walls, sooner some authorities will come to tear it down or assimilate it.

Upvote 0

Homeowner

Jan 25, 2022
Oslo
✟23,485.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Even if you form a small community with barricaded walls, sooner some authorities will come to tear it down or assimilate it.

The point being that you are still alive to be assimilated when some outside authority reasserts itself and if you have done well you may have some influence on what happens locally in the new political environment.

Upvote 0

IceJad

May 23, 2005
✟104,760.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
The point being that you are still alive to be assimilated when some outside authority reasserts itself and if you have done well you may have some influence on what happens locally in the new political environment.

Fair point, I guess that's one end goal for a prepper. Survive long enough to see better days.

Upvote 0

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟293,055.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Offer to surrender a portion of your goods peacefully.
Be well defended enough that this seems like an attractive option.
The portion that you surrender was a special portion you had set aside for just such a circumstance.
It's heavy but unfortunately it contains more gunpowder than actual food stuffs ;)

...tik tik tik BOOM!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,115,199.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Depends really, rarely a country will fall into total chaos more so the whole earth. Even without a proper government people will organize and form a control structure. Look at Somalia, Yemen and Syria. Areas abandoned by the government form their own administration controlled by the people who have the most guns. Live goes on in some limited normalcy. Even criminals and militia know that a constant rampant lawlessness is not good for governance.

The thing you see in mad max, walking dead and all the likes are highly improbable. All predicated on a mass extinction of the population of the country and the survivors turning savage. Militias will form in the vacuum of a government that will become the government. Not to mention surrounding nations will take interest in controlling your country for various reasons.

Yes, again we can learn from the transition from the USSR to Russia. Eventually a national government will be restored; but through having a organized community, it's more likely that one will hold onto his food, and his life, to see that government come to be.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Wayne 59

Feb 21, 2022
Cantonment
✟16,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced

Preppers are more ready than others to detect and correctly assess a coming societal breakdown. You have the first strike advantage.

A good defense is a good offense! You eliminate the threat early before they organized and get to take whatever meager resources they have. :idea: ^_^

I don't believe that christians should hunt down people,for one thing you could kill people that are not a threat.But we do have have the blessings of the Father to defend ourselves.

Reactions: Brihaha
Upvote 0

Wayne 59

Feb 21, 2022
Cantonment
✟16,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Offer to surrender a portion of your goods peacefully.
Be well defended enough that this seems like an attractive option.
The portion that you surrender was a special portion you had set aside for just such a circumstance.
It's heavy but unfortunately it contains more gunpowder than actual food stuffs ;)

...tik tik tik BOOM!
If they know you have something to surrender I do believe they will return as soon as they want more.Go ahead and deal with them if possible the first time.

Upvote 0

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟155,335.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't believe that christians should hunt down people,for one thing you could kill people that are not a threat.But we do have have the blessings of the Father to defend ourselves.
Agreed. Blessings of God also include faith. I recall Matthew 6:25-34. Have a great day.

Upvote 0

IceJad

May 23, 2005
✟104,760.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single

It's in jest my friend. However that doesn't mean if I or my family is threaten I'm going to just sit down. If I must kill I will. But I will not initiate a murder.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BravoM

Jun 18, 2022
TN
✟2,805.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Realistically?
They're going to come for what you have not b/c you're a Christian. They expect you to be a doormat.
You've every right to defend self, family, and home by any means necessary.
Jesus flipped over wooden tables and chased people with a whip of cords so those are options.

Upvote 0