Status
Not open for further replies.

Grace_Alone4gives

Apr 4, 2003
Odessa TX
✟1,245.00
Faith
Protestant
as for the people speaking in tongues not ignoring the Holy Spirit as easily, and i know this is a tangent so i appologize ahead of time. you can pm me with a response if you would prefer to do so... i believe in the gifts you have mentioned. i do not have the gift of tounges. i know many who do and many who dont. just because they don't have the gift of tounges doesnt mean it is easier for them to ignore the Holy Spirit. there are many other gifts someone might have. and i think its kinda harsh to say if you lack certain gifts it is harder to respond to the Holy Spirit... don't you? perhaps i misunderstood your point. in which case, i would love to understand what you meant and would appreciate you clarifying it. either briefly here or in pm would be great. thanks.

amen to that.

My experience is that 'God' is the reason we draw close to Him...nothing we do or do not do. I have met several people who speak in tongues that are very lead by the Spirit. And on the other hand - I have met a larger amount of people that speak in tongues during worship services etc... yet return to their wordly ways after...and struggle with depression. My experience is that tongues is powerful and prayerful...but not a medicine for healing etc...that only comes from God and God alone. Without tongues or with tongues...doesn't matter - what matters is your relationship with God.....and he understands every language.

Upvote 0

SUNSTONE

Christian Warrior
Sep 2, 2002
Cocoa Village
Visit site
✟18,200.00
Faith
Non-Denom
HopeTheyDance said:
healings are ALWAYS done by God alone...although sometimes He uses his sheep. It is never US that heals.

If I prayed for you and you were Healed......would you give me the glory, or God? I wouldn't even deserve a thankyou - but God would deserve the praise.

I am not talking about credit, because with God all things are possible. So without Him, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

I believe that God always works through man. That the Holy Spirit lives inside the believer, and thus we have the gifts of the Spirit.

I firmly believe that we are not waiting on God, but that God is waiting on us. The He has already provided everything to defeat sin, to defeat diseases, and problems in our lives.

The bible says, we have not because we ask not. And if God was the one doing everything, then why should we ask?Why should we do anything? Because of sewing and reaping laws. Jesus showed us the way, but it is our unbelief that henders us wayyyyyy to often!

You have the Holy One living on the inside of you. What are you going to do? Live a life of defeat thinking it is God will, or step up like Jesus did, and get things done! Change your life! Change the lives of others around you!
:clap:

Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Heavy lean toward Messianic
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
HopeTheyDance said:
amen to that.

My experience is that 'God' is the reason we draw close to Him...nothing we do or do not do.

Of course the only reason we can draw close to Him is due to His Love, Mercy, and Grace. But James 4:8 says, (NKJV) Draw near to God and He will draw near to you."

This verse is telling us to be the instigater. And of course there is nothing outside of Him that is good in me. So I must depend totally on Him. . .I must even depend on Him to show me how to pursue Him. But if I am not interested in drawing near to Him, He will not force Himself upon me. I must show interest. . .and that's just the beginning of a wonderful and intimate relationship with our God.

HopeTheyDance said:
I have met several people who speak in tongues that are very lead by the Spirit. And on the other hand - I have met a larger amount of people that speak in tongues during worship services etc... yet return to their wordly ways after...and struggle with depression.

I have met these people too. However, I'd like to point out that speaking in tongues only occasionally or even just once a week at a worship service accomplishes about the same thing as medicine taken only occasionally when it's been perscribed for daily use.

Done only occasionaly, most definately does achieve the poor results you have observed. It makes for a sickly and weak Christian who falls apart every time the enemy attacks, routinely falls back into their old lifestyle, has no strength to overcome the enemy, and as the Bible puts it, is a spring spewing forth putrid water that is not spiritually nourishing to anyone. And then they can't understand "why God never does anything for them".

HopeTheyDance said:
My experience is that tongues is powerful and prayerful...but not a medicine for healing etc...that only comes from God and God alone.

According to Rom 8:26 says, "Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us." Sounds like medicine to me. And it's coming from God. . . It certaintly ain't coming from me.

HopeTheyDance said:
Without tongues or with tongues...doesn't matter - what matters is your relationship with God.....and he understands every language.

You are correct. The most important part is our relationship with God. And part of that relationship involves receiving every gift He offers for our benefit. (NKJV)1 Cor 14:4 "He who speaks in a tongue edifies himself". (Amplified) "He who speaks in a [strange] tongue edifies and improves himself."

I don't know about you Hope, but I need a lot of improving. And if God's Word says I will spiritually improve by speaking in tongues, then I'm going to do it and I'm going to incourage others in doing it. I need all the help I can get.

sheildsmile.gif

Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Heavy lean toward Messianic
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
HopeTheyDance said:
healings are ALWAYS done by God alone...although sometimes He uses his sheep. It is never US that heals.

If I prayed for you and you were Healed......would you give me the glory, or God? I wouldn't even deserve a thankyou - but God would deserve the praise.

James 5:14, 15 says, "Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. AND the prayr of faith WILL save the sick, and the LORD WILL raise him up."

Of course only God does the healing but we are still told to do something and it is according to our faith (the prayer of faith) they will be healed.

I would thank God for healing me and thank you for your obedience in doing what His Word says to do. When we don't obey. . .others may go without because of it.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.