Feb 9, 2014
✟910,475.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
I researched exercises I need to do to slim down my stomach. I hope it works.

The last two times I've weighted myself I've gained a little bit back, maybe about a pound. I was not happy about that, especially since I had been more physically active at work.
It’s possible you gained muscle mass.

You also can’t target weight loss in your stomach, so don’t let people fool you into thinking they have the solution.

• Agree
Reactions: linux.poet
Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟219,385.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
In my Group we all are meeting 1 on 1 w/ one of the leaders to discuss life & the faith. They want to do it regularly. I’ve met a couple times. It is good. I really would like him to benefit from it as much as I am. I don’t know where it’ll lead but I like it

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟954,865.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Spring is nearing and I'm wrapping up home projects to prepare for the summer and coming harvests. The majority is canning with a large dollop of homemaking, organization and decluttering. My decorating projects were thwarted by deaths and the accumulation of extra things I didn't expect and larger food stores and goods for preservation. We've exhausted our environment but I'm making due until we find a place in the country.

In the meantime, I'm preparing for that season by adopting new practices and altering routines. Meal prepping and freezer meals are notable examples of conveniences I've employed. I purchased a bread maker to fill in the gaps when I don't have time or energy to shape a loaf but fresh bread is required.

I've started canning meals in response. I used to do ingredients and continue to some degree. But there are moments when busyness or fatigue require something simple. This prevents us from relying on takeout and increases our consumption of wholesome food. We prefer to dine out comfortably in a restaurant and make quick meals at home.

I suppose you could say I'm "christianizing" my environment for lack of a better word with the requisite prayers and practices to nurture the environment I want to have. Mindfulness is an integral part of the process. Discipline undergirds it all. Urban homesteading has its challenges but more will come with a garden and larger space. How will I manage? That's what I'm addressing for a smooth transition.

Overall, it's less about projects and more about God and the life He bestowed. How will I use it? Where does my time belong? Where am I needed and so on? Proverbs 31 was a comfortable companion but I've entered another season and I'm trying to embrace it wholeheartedly.

And that's a delicate balance of more and less with attentiveness to pace and priorities. He requires more in some places and I need to make certain I'm not ignoring what matters most to get things done. Which requires alterations in comfort and attentiveness.

Prayer walking is on my heart as are meditations and supplications for the home I could compose and share. The interplay of life and spirit is foremost. I'd like to see where it takes me and how I can bless my home and others through its fruits.

~bella

Upvote 0

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟210,672.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Today was spent starting the process of setting up a new filing cabinet and cleaning my room so I have a better environment to live in, or at least a more organized one. Trauma begets clutter, and it really helps if your brain doesn’t have to struggle against your environment to get things done.

Aside from that:
2 unfinished article writing assignments
1 unfinished online course idea
4 different websites for me in various stages of getting stuck in development.
1 website for a client that my brain got stuck on and refused to finish, the client is in no big hurry
2 college classes (ongoing)
4 sewing projects (the university is giving me access to a die-cut machine and sewing and embroidery machines, so I’m trying to knock those out and finish them, finished 1 last week)
1 podium with wheels that have screws I have trouble driving in, I am going to ask the university people for help
1 unfinished woodworking project (small drawer, at the filing and gluing stage)
2 incomplete selling operations (tons of eBay listings, I have to do)

Meanwhile I’m on staff on two forums and I want to get back into chess again, but I’m trying to reduce my mental load before I do. The bottleneck across projects is my room (which I am fixing), but also programming. I’m going to be in the awkward position of having to hire a developer pretty soon, despite the fact that I am a developer. There’s no way I’ll be able to do the tech work to keep 4 websites online simultaneously otherwise. It’s too much work, I’m only human.

Anyway, better get back to work now. See you all later.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟313,010.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I've been learning how to skate (inline skating, we got no ice here in the tropics) since December last year. Only DIY skating lessons from youtube.

I've only originally planned it as alternative aerobic exercise other than cycling and running. I've advanced to the point of skating at running speeds and doing tight turns around obstacles at same speeds. I fell a lot at first. I'm still falling down but way less now.

Now I'm getting a little bored and to try to get things to the next level and make things a little more interesting, I've been trying to learn some basic figure figure skating moves as well. I'm finding it ridiculous because I never ever got interested in dancing and I think I'm terrible at it but that's exactly what I'm trying to do now, except with wheels.

Otherwise, I think I may have found an exercise that never gets boring at least for me. All the figure skating moves would probably take me the rest of my life to learn all of them, and even if managed to learn all them, I can begin doing some freestyle choreography or possibly invent my own moves. I found it to be a very good workout. Could burn as much calories as running but not as harsh to the joints as running and teaches flexibility in movements. Quite an enjoyable way to lose weight or avoid gaining weight and keeping healthy.

Upvote 0