Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I like it all but my favorite is stuffing! Stuffing made with sausage is best, HERE is a good one.
YUM!:yum: (Yes, I know Sausage isn't a vegetable. :yum: )
I wish I could eat stuffing all year! It's my favorite side dish. I love it during the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays :D

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,782,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What is the usual feast?
Turkey, ham, stuffing, sweet potatoes and mashed potatoes and gravy, dinner rolls and cranberry sauce Brussels sprouts and other veggies. Deviled eggs, cheese balls, crackers, and other appetizers. Several desserts… it’s a job but I’m cutting down this year due to the guest list this year. I’m actually relieved to take a bit of a break. :)

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟84,010.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
You wore me out! We seldom had company. Mom started adding ham to her menu after I left home. My one brother didn't like turkey :rolleyes:. She had moved away so I never had another Thanksgiving with her.

If I remember, her menu was turkey & stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, plain green beans w/butter, canned cranberry jelly, and pumpkin pie. I think that was all. She used the Libby's pumpkin pie recipe; I loved it. I also loved leftover cold turkey with mayo on white bread sandwiches. She always bought white sandwich bread (like Wonder bread).

My favorite addition to a Thanksgiving menu is Farm Journal's Frosted Cranberry Salad instead of canned cranberry jelly. I like green bean casserole (never had it at home). All of mother's vegetables were boiled and we added butter at the table. When she heated canned spinach, she had a cruet of vinegar at the table because that's how she liked it.

Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,782,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You wore me out! We seldom had company. Mom started adding ham to her menu after I left home. My one brother didn't like turkey :rolleyes:. She had moved away so I never had another Thanksgiving with her.

If I remember, her menu was turkey & stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, plain green beans w/butter, canned cranberry jelly, and pumpkin pie. I think that was all. She used the Libby's pumpkin pie recipe; I loved it. I also loved leftover cold turkey with mayo on white bread sandwiches. She always bought white sandwich bread (like Wonder bread).

My favorite addition to a Thanksgiving menu is Farm Journal's Frosted Cranberry Salad instead of canned cranberry jelly. I liked green bean casserole. All of mother vegetables were boiled and we added butter at the table. When she heated canned spinach, she had a cruet of vinegar at the table because that's how she liked it.
Yeah when you have lots of guests and people dropping in, the menu expands so everyone is happy. I like making my own cranberry sauce with cooking down the cranberries. There is a cranberry mandarine cake I haven’t made in a couple of years I thought about adding to the dessert menu this year. I like it because it isn’t heavy with a very light creamy icing. I’ll have to look up the cranberry salad recipe you mentioned…

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,782,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Keto Thanksgiving with a new entry - cheddar, bacon biscuits. Sounds good but could turn out like rocks. We'll have to see..haha
Whew! Let us know! Sounds like a meal in itself! Lol

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟84,010.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Thank you!
I tried and tried. I can't find it. It's very frustrating. I called my daughter. She can't help me because all her recipes are packed away. She's planning to sell her house and buy a farm. Well, the recipe had a can of whole berry cranberry sauce and I guess you cold make your own for that part. It had raspberry Jello and apples and maybe nuts. But I had the recipe in Word Perfect before I lost Word Perfect. I hate technology! It's no good for old people.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,782,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I tried and tried. I can't find it. It's very frustrating. I called my daughter. She can't help me because all her recipes are packed away. She's planning to sell her house and buy a farm. Well, the recipe had a can of whole berry cranberry sauce and I guess you cold make your own for that part. It had raspberry Jello and apples and maybe nuts. But I had the recipe in Word Perfect before I lost Word Perfect. I hate technology! It's no good for old people.
Don’t worry. I’ll see if I can find it. I think
I might of tried it before. :)

Upvote 0

Danny&Annie&theChristmas

Nov 11, 2023
Houston
✟2,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When I was younger, I always served sweet potatoes and Libby's pumpkin pie (my FAVORITE recipe exactly as on the can). My daughter loved chess pie.

Does anyone have a favorite vegetable recipe for Thanksgiving?
We're having green bean casserole and a dish we call squash puff. This will be accompanied by dressing, mashed potatoes, giblet gravy and hot rolls. Turkey and ham for main course. Oh yeah sweet potatoes with marshmallows. Still haven't finalized dessert. Haven't made any decision on cranberry sauce either.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,782,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We're having green bean casserole and a dish we call squash puff. This will be accompanied by dressing, mashed potatoes, giblet gravy and hot rolls. Turkey and ham for main course. Oh yeah sweet potatoes with marshmallows. Still haven't finalized dessert. Haven't made any decision on cranberry sauce either.
Squash Puff? What is that?

Upvote 0