Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
What are your favourite anime shows? I used to watch One Piece, but there's so many episodes now.

It's best in my opinion when you can binge watch shows for seasons on end instead of week to week, but I'm not patient enough to wait anymore! I want to record them all and watch them to back to back but I am weak willed.

My new favourite current show is True Detective. I like it more than GoT. True Detective = HBO's best (from what I've seen of HBO shows).
Oh i like and watch so many anime's such as db/dbz/dbgt i got into one peace/bleach/hunter x hunter and fairytail but aint watching much of them currently and almost finished naruto and plus some random ones. So yea a lot.

Reactions: Ada Lovelace
Upvote 0

The Portuguese Baptist

Centre-right conservative Christian-Democrat
Oct 17, 2015
Lisbon, Portugal
✟18,877.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
My favourite TV programmes? Well, I mostly enjoy comedy shows. My favourite ones are 'Allo 'Allo!, I Didn't Do It, Keeping Up Appearances, Modern Family, My Family, Seinfeld and The Big Bang Theory. I find all of these to be excellent comedy shows which I highly recommend.

Upvote 0

Butterfly99

Getting ready for spring break. Cya!
Oct 28, 2015
DC area
✟15,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My favourite TV programmes? Well, I mostly enjoy comedy shows. My favourite ones are 'Allo 'Allo!, I Didn't Do It, Keeping Up Appearances, Modern Family, My Family, Seinfeld and The Big Bang Theory. I find all of these to be excellent comedy shows which I highly recommend.

Lots of these are my favorites too! I love Modern Family! I've been watching it for so long. I feel like I've grown up with the kids on the show, lol. I like The Big Bang Theory too. I haven't watched Seinfeld that much but they used to have reruns of it and Scrubs every afternoon and I'd watch sometimes. I liked both shows.

I like The Walking Dead, AHS, and Gotham.

Upvote 0

Butterfly99

Oct 28, 2015
DC area
✟15,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Breaking Bad. I love that show so much I could just rewatch it over and over again.

I like that show too. I haven't watched the whole show but I liked the last season a lot.

Upvote 0

The Portuguese Baptist

Oct 17, 2015
Lisbon, Portugal
✟18,877.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Lots of these are my favorites too! I love Modern Family! I've been watching it for so long. I feel like I've grown up with the kids on the show, lol. I like The Big Bang Theory too. I haven't watched Seinfeld that much but they used to have reruns of it [...]

Modern Family? I know, right? It does feel like we have really grown up with them. I and you are the same age as Luke.

I think The Big Bang Theory and Seinfeld are both excellent shows! They're amongst my favourites!

Upvote 0

Butterfly99

Oct 28, 2015
DC area
✟15,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Modern Family? I know, right? It does feel like we have really grown up with them. I and you are the same age as Luke.

I think The Big Bang Theory and Seinfeld are both excellent shows! They're amongst my favourites!

It's fun to watch reruns of the shows from when Alex & Luke were little. We were little back then too.

I haven't seen a couple of the shows you mentioned before. I'll have to look up Allo, Allo!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ada Lovelace

Grateful to scientists and all health care workers
Site Supporter
Jun 20, 2014
California
✟1,002,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship

One of the reasons Modern Family is endearing to me is because I also feel like I've grown up with the kids on the show. Alex is a tiny bit older than I am, but we're in the same grade / year in college. The episode from earlier this season when she leaves for college aired around the same time I left the nest and moved to campus. My mom got misty eyed watching it, haha. When I was younger my family and I used to watch the show every week. It's a tradition I miss.

I haven't kept up with The Big Bang Theory, but the few episodes I have watched made me laugh. :)

Lots of these are my favorites too! I love Modern Family! I've been watching it for so long. I feel like I've grown up with the kids on the show, lol. I like The Big Bang Theory too. I haven't watched Seinfeld that much but they used to have reruns of it and Scrubs every afternoon and I'd watch sometimes. I liked both shows.

I like The Walking Dead, AHS, and Gotham.

You're a braver girl than I am! Some people in my dorm were binge watching The Walking Dead in the lounge this week, but it was a bit too macabre for me. It was definitely appropriate for Halloween!

Does AHS = American Horror Story? That's another show I'm a bit too much of a scaredy cat to keep up with, haha. I have watched a couple of episodes and do understand the appeal of it. I also loved the clip of Jessica Lange singing a Lana Del Rey song on the show. I've read that this season they've devoted a lot of plot lines to highlighting the dangers of anti-vaxxers. I'm a passionate advocate of vaccines, so that does interest me....... possibly enough to just stop being such a wimp and start watching again. I'm seriously the kinda viewer who jumps when spiders fall down during Scooby Doo reruns.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Butterfly99

Oct 28, 2015
DC area
✟15,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
One of the reasons Modern Family is endearing to me is because I also feel like I've grown up with the kids on the show. Alex is a tiny bit older than I am, but we're in the same grade / year in college. The episode from earlier this season when she leaves for college aired around the same time I left the nest and moved to campus. My mom got misty eyed watching it, haha. When I was younger my family and I used to watch the show every week. It's a tradition I miss.

I haven't kept up with The Big Bang Theory, but the few episodes I have watched made me laugh. :)

You're a braver girl than I am! Some people in my dorm were binge watching The Walking Dead in the lounge this week, but it was a bit too macabre for me. It was definitely appropriate for Halloween!

Does AHS = American Horror Story? That's another show I'm a bit too much of a scaredy cat to keep up with, haha. I have watched a couple of episodes and do understand the appeal of it. I also loved the clip of Jessica Lange singing a Lana Del Rey song on the show. I've read that this season they've devoted a lot of plot lines to highlighting the dangers of anti-vaxxers. I'm a passionate advocate of vaccines, so that does interest me....... possibly enough to just stop being such a wimp and start watching again. I'm seriously the kinda viewer who jumps when spiders fall down during Scooby Doo reruns.

Yep! AHS = American Horror Story. Lol, it's not that scary of a show!!! You'll be alright, promise. Oh yeah I know what you're talking about with Jessica Lange singing that song. She's a great actress! Oh yeah I had noticed there was that theme going on but I pick up on it being an anti-vaxxer thing.

Reactions: Blue Wren
Upvote 0

thehehe

Oct 19, 2015
France
✟127,953.00
Country
France
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I'm one of the biggest fan of Downton Abbey. I love how classy this show is!
I watched a lot Once Upon A Time but really, the last seasons are terribly uninteresting to me! I started Outlander and even though I really liked the first episodes I didn't watch the new ones.

Also love criminal shows, and the best of the best is still Hercule Poirot with David Suchet. So amazing! Wallander (Kenneth Branagh) is also pure beauty.

And for the humoristic ones, I'm a big fan of a french show called Kaamelott but I'm sure you won't know haha.

Reactions: Blue Wren
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

The Portuguese Baptist

Oct 17, 2015
Lisbon, Portugal
✟18,877.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
[...]

And for the humoristic ones, I'm a big fan of a french show called Kaamelott but I'm sure you won't know haha.

No, I've never heard of it. But the name does not sound French... :)

Upvote 0

Ada Lovelace

Grateful to scientists and all health care workers
Site Supporter
Jun 20, 2014
California
✟1,002,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I watched a lot Once Upon A Time but really, the last seasons are terribly uninteresting to me! I started Outlander and even though I really liked the first episodes I didn't watch the new ones.

Also love criminal shows, and the best of the best is still Hercule Poirot with David Suchet. So amazing! Wallander (Kenneth Branagh) is also pure beauty.

I'm smitten about Downton Abbey. It's become a holiday tradition for my nana, mom, aunt, cousins and I to watch the series while gathered for Christmas. Episodes from each season have typically aired in the United States beginning in January, but the run usually begins in September in England. My family there records every episode but holds off on actually watching any of them until we're all together. We watch a couple of episodes each night, and then the special Christmas finale. My nana loves the show so much I made the theme song her ring tone. :)

I used to love watching Once Upon a Time with my little sisters, but the show has lost its appeal for all of us in recent seasons. It used to be original and charming but now it feels like a tired soap opera with Disney characters. I still like watching it sometimes just for the visual appeal. I think the costume and set designs are beautiful. I'm into interior decorating and love Mary Margaret's loft, ha.

Oh, I used to love Kaamelott! I don't know that it's ever aired on any channels in the US, but I remember watching it when we were in France when I was younger.

Reactions: Butterfly99
Upvote 0

Saricharity

Follower of Christ
Mar 24, 2014
Canada
✟75,597.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My sisters and I have started watching Stargate SG I think it's called on Netflix and it's interesting. We have been trying to find older shows that might interest us. Lately we have been bored with tv all together. Even movies in the theatres are kind of drab. We are looking forward to the new Star Wars though.

Reactions: Wgw
Upvote 0

Blue Wren

Sep 22, 2014
Solna, Sweden
✟26,447.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship

I miss Wallander. I have not watched it, in ages. It is a brilliant programme.

Reactions: Butterfly99
Upvote 0

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Project Runway Junior is my favorite. I'd love to be on it. I also like TWD, Sherlock, The Flash, Gotham, Black Mirror, and Netflix shows like OITNB. Making a Murderer is way better than expected. It's fascinating.

Upvote 0