What is the use of the healing leaves on the new earth?

tonychanyt

24/7 Christian
Oct 2, 2011
Toronto
Visit site
✟93,370.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Revelation 22:

1 Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life, as clear as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb 2 down the middle of the great street of the city. On each side of the river stood the tree of life, bearing twelve crops of fruit, yielding its fruit every month. And the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations. 3a No longer will there be any curse.
Since there will no longer be any curse, what is the use of these leaves?

It is a symbol of perpetual health.

Barnes explained:

Were for the healing - That is, they contribute to impart life and health to those who had been diseased. We are not to suppose that there will be sickness, and a healing process in heaven, for that idea is expressly excluded in Revelation 21:4; but the meaning is, that the life and health of that blessed world will have been imparted by partaking of that tree; and the writer says that, in fact, it was owing to it that they who dwell there had been healed of their spiritual maladies, and had been made to live forever.
Pulpit was similar:

It is, of course, not implied that there is, in the new Jerusalem, any disease which needs healing, but the tree of life is put forward as the means by which the perpetual health and life and general well being of the inhabitants are sustained. Revelation 22:2

Qubit

Mar 6, 2024
USA
✟16,819.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I believe the Leaves of the Tree of Life represent the glorified 'covering'. In other words, the Leaves represent the 'clothing' that God clothes us with, similar to this verse...

Job 10:11
"Thou hast clothed me with skin and flesh, and hast fenced me with bones and sinews."

The above verse is describing what God clothed Adam and Eve with in the Garden...

Genesis 3:21
Unto Adam also and to his wife did the LORD God make coats of skins, and clothed them.

They were 'naked' in that they were not clothed with a 'Tabernacle' yet.

Remember, Adam and Eve tried to 'clothe' themselves with fig leaves...

Genesis 3:7
"And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons."

I believe that the Leaves on the Tree of Life have a similar meaning, except that the Redeemed will be clothed with the Body of Glory instead of the corrupt 'skin and flesh' we have now.

The 'healing', therefore, is the process of putting on immortality...

1 Corinthians 15:53
"For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality."

Upvote 0