What is the most important thing we can do for God here?

friend of

A private in Gods army
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟778,648.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I believe it's leading another person to Jesus Christ.

Proverbs 11:30
30 The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life; and he that winneth souls is wise.

Mark 16:15
15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

What do you think it is?

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,398.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I believe it's leading another person to Jesus Christ.

Proverbs 11:30
30 The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life; and he that winneth souls is wise.

Mark 16:15
15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

What do you think it is?
I think, help each other with our struggles and glorify God through fellowship.

Upvote 0

“Paisios”

Sinner
Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2014
✟594,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Matthew 22:37-40

'Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”'

This is further explained by the Parable of the Good Samaritan.

I would say that the most important thing we can do for God is to demonstrate and reflect His love in us to others.

(Edited to clarify statement)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Anto9us

Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2013
Texas
✟95,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I think, friend of, that you are right...

Even on a message board, that is the main thing, but how do I type WORDS to convince an atheist to accept Christ?

And some say, that we Christians TURN PEOPLE OFF by our arguing over Scripture and Doctrine and Theology; but I don't buy into that either.

I never encountered anyone IRL who said "I was about to become a Christian, but I saw some Calvinists and Arminians arguing on a message board, and decided against Christinaity because of it."

Love your neighbor as yourself -- it carries the assumption that you DO INDEED LOVE YOURSELF

so all we can do is be ourselves

God DRAWS people...

We are just HERE -- we hold up a LIGHT -- without even knowing if light is a particle or a wave

Upvote 0

friend of

A private in Gods army
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟778,648.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
God DRAWS people...

Right. So what I'm wondering is, is it not a credit to God the more faith and knowledge of His word we hold in our hearts when He draws those outside to Him through us? In other words, does God's will for the world not work through us more efficiently when we are filled with Faith and knowledge of His word and quickened to utilize and apply it in encounters with those God is drawing into our awareness?

Last edited:
  • Prayers
Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0

Waggles

Acts 2:38
Site Supporter
Feb 7, 2017
South Oz
Visit site
✟112,244.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Widowed
1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
9 Let love be without dissimulation (hypocrisy). Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.
10 Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another;
11 Not slothful in business; fervent in spirit; serving the Lord;
12 Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer;
13 Distributing to the necessity of saints; given to hospitality.
14 Bless them which persecute you: bless, and curse not.
15 Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that weep.
16 Be of the same mind one toward another. Mind not high things, but condescend to men of low estate. Be not wise in your own conceits.
17 Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men.
18 If it be possible, as much as lies in you, live peaceably with all men.
Romans 12:

Upvote 0

friend of

A private in Gods army
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟778,648.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Romans 10:14-15

14 How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? 15 And how can anyone preach unless they are sent? As it is written: “How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sarah G

Pro-peace, anti-war, anti-violence.
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2017
Netherlands
✟131,322.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
To love one another as He has loved us. To show that walking with Christ means walking with love and forgiveness.

John 13:34
So now I am giving you a new commandment: Love each other. Just as I have loved you, you should love each other.

Mark 12
30 And you must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, all your mind, and all your strength. 31 The second is equally important: ‘Love your neighbour as yourself. No other commandment is greater than these.”

Mark 2:17
On hearing this, Jesus told them, "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners."

• Prayers
Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0