Nyköping
✟9,884.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I will be frank and say that I live in the world as a wordly person as I don’t see any alternative. Which is begrudging because I don’t really like it here. I don’t even see why anyone would want to be here or why people cling to their lives, as if it is important? What am missing?

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟750,190.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I will be frank and say that I live in the world as a wordly person as I don’t see any alternative. Which is begrudging because I don’t really like it here. I don’t even see why anyone would want to be here or why people cling to their lives, as if it is important? What am missing?
Eternal life is just that, life that cannot die. It is the life that is in Jesus and given to those who receive Him. It reveals itself as love, joy, peace, patience, self control, faith, confidence in God, hope and all that is good. I see it like this: a dog is a dog because it has the life of a dog. A cat is a cat because it has the life of a cat. A Christian is a Christian because has has the life of Christ.

I'm no fan of the world either. However, I am here for a good purpose, to serve the living God and offer salvation to those who are dead even while they live. Is this life something real? Yes. Life can be tough. About 3 years ago, I suffered a possibly fatal illness. It was pancreatitis. Those who know tell me that only childbirth is more painful. In spite of the illness, I was at peace. I was able to witness to some people, including a treating doctor. A few days in, a friend (now my wife) prayed for me. the doctor said that she saw the prayer answered before her eyes.

The Bible says that all is vanity - to those who do not know God. For those of us who do know God, we have a future and hope that is better than anything we can even imagine.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟256,174.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single

Eternal Life is the Life of God.

It is also the free gift God gives to a person when they believe in Jesus for Eternal Life.
The believer in Jesus becomes a born again child of God, the born again is the receiving of God's Life into the person who believes.

Eternal Life is required to spend eternity with God on the new earth.

A person who believes in Jesus and receives Eternal Life can never lose this life and can not even ask God to take it back. Even if there comes a point in their life they stop believing in God or something happens in the persons life and they get mad at God and want nothing to do with God.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Aussie Pete
Upvote 0

jonojim1337

Oct 20, 2023
Nyköping
✟9,884.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Eternal life is just that, life that cannot die. It is the life that is in Jesus and given to those who receive Him. It reveals itself as love, joy, peace, patience, self control, faith, confidence in God, hope and all that is good. I see it like this: a dog is a dog because it has the life of a dog. A cat is a cat because it has the life of a cat. A Christian is a Christian because has has the life of Christ.

I'm no fan of the world either. However, I am here for a good purpose, to serve the living God and offer salvation to those who are dead even while they live. Is this life something real? Yes. Life can be tough. About 3 years ago, I suffered a possibly fatal illness. It was pancreatitis. Those who know tell me that only childbirth is more painful. In spite of the illness, I was at peace. I was able to witness to some people, including a treating doctor. A few days in, a friend (now my wife) prayed for me. the doctor said that she saw the prayer answered before her eyes.

The Bible says that all is vanity - to those who do not know God. For those of us who do know God, we have a future and hope that is better than anything we can even imagine.

Well I just came back from the hospital due to a punctured lung but I didn’t have anything to say to anyone ^_^

Not only that but I was thinking what the hell am supposed to do with my life and the only thing I could think was to go to the Russian front. God’s calling? I have no idea. It’s so confusing.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟942,138.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You are missing the fact that the " harvest" for His Kingdom comes from the very place you now live in. Remember, we are judged by our works here on earth. Many parables from Jesus Christ of Nazareth point to those who lack the enthusiasm for Kingdom building. I hope you seek out His Words on the matter. Be blessed.

Upvote 0

jonojim1337

Oct 20, 2023
Nyköping
✟9,884.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
You are missing the fact that the " harvest" for His Kingdom comes from the very place you now live in. Remember, we are judged by our works here on earth. Many parables from Jesus Christ of Nazareth point to those who lack the enthusiasm for Kingdom building. I hope you seek out His Words on the matter. Be blessed.

Build what exactly? I lack the capacity to build anything.

Upvote 0

Jimmy It

Dec 4, 2023
Southwest
✟112,656.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Time is a construct of the natural universe. So, eternal life is life is life outside of the physical realm. "

... 41 There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars: for one star differeth from another star in glory.

42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:

43 It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power:

44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

46 Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.

47 The first man is of the earth, earthy; the second man is the Lord from heaven.

48 As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly.

49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.

50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?
1 Corinthians, 15

Reactions: jonojim1337
Upvote 0

jonojim1337

Oct 20, 2023
Nyköping
✟9,884.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Time is a construct of the natural universe. So, eternal life is life is life outside of the physical realm. "

... 41 There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars: for one star differeth from another star in glory.

42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:

43 It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power:

44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

46 Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.

47 The first man is of the earth, earthy; the second man is the Lord from heaven.

48 As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly.

49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.

50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?
1 Corinthians, 15

Right but Paul is talking about the resurrection so literally there’s nothing to do here just wait until you die?

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟750,190.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Well I just came back from the hospital due to a punctured lung but I didn’t have anything to say to anyone ^_^

Not only that but I was thinking what the hell am supposed to do with my life and the only thing I could think was to go to the Russian front. God’s calling? I have no idea. It’s so confusing.
God has a plan and purpose for everyone. When we don't see it, we need simply to trust Him. (Isaiah 50:10).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

65James

Feb 18, 2024
Minnesota
✟8,134.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I happen to be the last person who should try to answer this question as I wonder if I truly know Him.
And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us understanding, that we may know Him that is True, and we are in Him that is True, even in His Son Jesus Christ, This is the True God, and Eternal Life. I John 5:20
Yes to know Jesus Christ as the Son of God and our Redeemer, Isaiah 48:16-17, is Eternal Life. This eternal life of course refers to spiritual not physical life. In John 11:25-26 Jesus stated whosoever believes in Him shall never died. Paul twice referred to this speaking to the Church of Philippi he stated that he was in a strait between two, 1) to depart die physically or abide in the flesh. Philippians 1:21-24. To died physically he would go to be with Christ which was far better, but to abide in the flesh he would be able to ministry to them. In II Corinthians 5:1-8 Paul again state to be present in this tabernacle (our earthly body) is to be absence from the presence of the Lord.

So eternal life is a spiritual life in which we will in the presence of the Lord.

Reactions: Unqualified
Upvote 0

Solo81

Jan 19, 2024
Gundy
✟21,484.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
God wants to live your life with you; whether you live an interesting, full life or a mundane, boring one.
He does have a plan for you but you need to keep seeking it.
You will discover the meaning of your life when you discover God in prayer.

Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟603,609.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Right but Paul is talking about the resurrection so literally there’s nothing to do here just wait until you die?
The only thing we take to glory is our character, so that is what we work with God to change. One thing at a time.

Reactions: jonojim1337
Upvote 0