Winfield Township
✟16,359.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Back in the late 70s through much of the 80s I was involved with the Renewal. It was a fantastic experience. I went to 6 conferences at Notre Dame where I heard great teachings and great music (I still have the cassettes). And I subscribed to NEW COVENANT.

There was also a movement to have Covenant Communities. Some of the, such as South Bend and Ann Arbor, had thousands of members. A group in my prayer group started one. Although I went to the introductory meetings I knew it was not for me. Then one Monday night none of the community members showed up for our prayer meeting leaving us leaderless. Three of us then got up and took over the meeting (including me, a recent convert). Several years later the community came back to merge with us. It was a very divisive attempt that caused our membership to plummet. It has been almost 30 years since I have been in a Charismatic group and I still miss it.

But I wonder what happened to Covenant communities. Do they still exist?

Galilee63

Dec 14, 2013
Australia
✟43,924.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I had not heard of the Covenant Community WG, however, this Group may have had different group names in other countries.

This may be God calling you to commence a Covenant Community in your area WG.

Do not forget to pray for the Group before and during all Meetings to grow and strengthen and for the unity by God our Heavenly Father.

This is what Catholics forgot to do for Centuries; pray for the Church and Jesus' Holy Shepherds ie God's Holy Appointed,

Love and kindest wishes my Brothers and Sisters in Jesus Christ our Saviour

Upvote 0

Galilee63

Dec 14, 2013
Australia
✟43,924.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Galilee63

Dec 14, 2013
Australia
✟43,924.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Laici › ... › Directory of associations

That should be sufficient for you to conduct a search WG,

Catholic Fraternity is a similar organisation and Pentecostal Covenant or something or rather is another.

Love and kindest wishes my Brothers and Sisters in Jesus Christ our Saviour

Upvote 0