What does the Bible say about Facebook?

rustom

Jul 1, 2013
✟7,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The bible doesn't condemn social media sites such as Facebook but it can be a sin if misused.

"I have the right to do anything," you say--but not everything is beneficial. "I have the right to do anything"--but I will not be mastered by anything.
- 1 Corinthians 6:12

Obviously being addicted, posting and uploading offensive material is wrong. I use it to share Bible verses and to chat with my friends and relatives who are in another country.

Upvote 0

SamMcHaffie

Jul 30, 2013
Leyland, Lancashire, England
Visit site
✟15,119.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
The bible doesn't condemn social media sites such as Facebook but it can be a sin if misused.

"I have the right to do anything," you say--but not everything is beneficial. "I have the right to do anything"--but I will not be mastered by anything.
- 1 Corinthians 6:12

Obviously being addicted, posting and uploading offensive material is wrong. I use it to share Bible verses and to chat with my friends and relatives who are in another country.

Agreed!

Upvote 0

girLoNfiRe1

Aug 16, 2013
United Kingdom
✟15,138.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Kurama

Believe in Humanity
Mar 25, 2013
✟17,730.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Might I point out that, as Christians, we tend to be focused a little too much on the Bible. We need to understand that the Bible obviously does not provide us with answers to everything; it does not mention many of the recent scientific findings, mental issues (traditionally it was believed that those suffering from those issues were corrupted by Satan) etc. I believe that the Bible was written by men who were divinly inspired by God, yet there's so much more that God has left for us...

We need to apply common morality in cases such as this instead of seeing what the book says. I find that I feel closer to Christ by reading the Bible and learning from good people throughout history. Reading about the life of saints, Siddhartha Gautama, Gandhi, Confucius...such great people, has inspired me to be a better person.

Facebook can be good and it can also be bad. Use it in a loving way to make meaningful relationships, and by God I think it is a good source of enjoyment (also don't forget to share Christian posts, always good that your friends can learn about Jesus).

Upvote 0

Kurama

Believe in Humanity
Mar 25, 2013
✟17,730.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Might I point out that, as Christians, we tend to be focused a little too much on the Bible. We need to understand that the Bible obviously does not provide us with answers to everything; it does not mention many of the recent scientific findings, mental issues (traditionally it was believed that those suffering from those issues were corrupted by Satan) etc. I believe that the Bible was written by men who were divinly inspired by God, yet there's so much more that God has left for us...

We need to apply common morality in cases such as this instead of seeing what the book says. I find that I feel closer to Christ by reading the Bible and learning from good people throughout history. Reading about the life of saints, Siddhartha Gautama, Gandhi, Confucius...such great people, has inspired me to be a better person.

Facebook can be good and it can also be bad. Use it in a loving way to make meaningful relationships, and by God I think it is a good source of enjoyment (also don't forget to share Christian posts, always good that your friends can learn about Jesus).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums