ToddNotTodd

Iconoclast
Feb 17, 2004
✟265,989.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
For someone who does not know whether or not Jesus rose from the dead, you sure seem confident that Christians are wrong for claiming He did.

Someone who claims that X is true without good evidence (like your claim that I've claimed that Jesus did not rise from the dead), is doing so in error. This, of course, has nothing to do with not knowing if the claim for X being true is actually true. You really should understand that if you're going to be posting in the Philosophy section.

This is what every atheist that I have ever talked to ends up doing. They start out strong with their appeals to knowledge, reason, science etc, but when pressed, for all their learning and knowledge, at the end of the day, they are ignorant and want their ignorance to be seen as something noteworthy and noble...honorable even.

Knowledge reason and science are the best methods to determine what's actually true. Being willing that you don't know something is just honest. Is being honest something foreign to you?

If you're so ignorant about all this, if you find nothing at all wrong with pretending until pressed, why are you not reluctant to claim I and others who hold the views we do are so very wrong?

What is it that you think I'm "pretending"?

I don't argue that your claims, or any other Christian's claims, aren't true. I argue against the structure of claims that use fallacious reasoning, or are unsubstantiated. You do understand the difference, right? It's probably a good idea to understand this, since you're in the Philosophy section.

And just so you're not confused, I have never said you have claimed on this forum that Jesus never rose from the dead. One need not type out their views explicitly on a forum for me to know where they stand.

You specifically said (bolding mine):

"Strange coming from someone who has presented nothing at all, not even one shred of evidence for their claim that Jesus has not risen from the dead."

Either show any type of evidence that I've made this claim (this website, video, audio, etc.) or retract.

You do realize that posting untrue information about someone can be considered libel in the US, right? Don't ethics matter to you at all?

Upvote 0

anonymous person

Jul 21, 2015
✟67,894.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Someone who claims that X is true without good evidence (like your claim that I've claimed that Jesus did not rise from the dead), is doing so in error. This, of course, has nothing to do with not knowing if the claim for X being true is actually true. You really should understand that if you're going to be posting in the Philosophy section.

Knowledge reason and science are the best methods to determine what's actually true. Being willing that you don't know something is just honest. Is being honest something foreign to you?

What is it that you think I'm "pretending"?

I don't argue that your claims, or any other Christian's claims, aren't true. I argue against the structure of claims that use fallacious reasoning, or are unsubstantiated. You do understand the difference, right? It's probably a good idea to understand this, since you're in the Philosophy section.

You specifically said (bolding mine):

"Strange coming from someone who has presented nothing at all, not even one shred of evidence for their claim that Jesus has not risen from the dead."

Either show any type of evidence that I've made this claim (this website, video, audio, etc.) or retract.

You do realize that posting untrue information about someone can be considered libel in the US, right? Don't ethics matter to you at all?

Ethics?

ROFL!!!

I have not offended you have I?

I suggest you refrain from letting people know you are an atheist.

In addition, I do have very good, very convincing evidence that you do in fact deny that Jesus rose from the dead. So I am not in error.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ToddNotTodd

Iconoclast
Feb 17, 2004
✟265,989.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Ethics?

ROFL!!!

I have not offended you have I?

Nope. Just pointing out your dishonesty.

I suggest you refrain from letting people know you are an atheist.

Why?

In addition, I do have very good, very convincing evidence that you do in fact deny that Jesus rose from the dead. So I am not in error.

Either show your evidence or retract your statement.

I'm guessing that libel is against forum rules.

Upvote 0

anonymous person

Jul 21, 2015
✟67,894.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Nope. Just pointing out your dishonesty.

Why?

Either show your evidence or retract your statement.

I'm guessing that libel is against forum rules.

Complete the sentence:

The account of Jesus' resurrection on the Sunday morning following His crucifixion is ...............

Upvote 0

ToddNotTodd

Iconoclast
Feb 17, 2004
✟265,989.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Complete the sentence:

The account of Jesus' resurrection on the Sunday morning following His crucifixion is ...............

Stop stalling.

Present the evidence that you say you already have or retract your statement.

I'm pretty sure libel is against the forum rules.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟326,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Complete the sentence:

Objective.

However Objective =/= true.

Any account can be true or false or even somewhere in between.

That the tomb was empty is objective, the way the women felt was subjective.

Upvote 0

anonymous person

Jul 21, 2015
✟67,894.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Stop stalling.

Present the evidence that you say you already have or retract your statement.

I'm pretty sure libel is against the forum rules.

You won't do what I ask because then you would have to be consistent and eagerly present evidence for your position.

You won't do that though because you have not one shred of evidence which is what I have been saying all along, that's all.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ToddNotTodd

Iconoclast
Feb 17, 2004
✟265,989.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
You won't do what I ask because then you would have to be consistent and eagerly present evidence for your position.

My position, like I've already said, is "I don't know". Which, if you have any knowledge of reason or logic at all, requires no evidence.

You won't do that though because you have not one shred of evidence which is what I have been saying all along, that's all.

No, what you specifically said was (bolding mine):

So, are you going to continue to be dishonest and libel me in this thread? You realize that at some point I'm going to have to take action, right?

Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Objective.

However Objective =/= true.

Any account can be true or false or even somewhere in between.

That the tomb was empty is objective, the way the women felt was subjective.

and the womans subjectivity was not the only thing that was occurring in that narrative seeing as it was said that she talked to Jesus.

the bible is like an empty tomb. the life of it must be something more than a mere narrative in order for it to have any relevance at all.

Upvote 0