Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Your not siding with truth at all. Your spinning your own statements of beliefs and they have nothing to do of what has been scientifically proven to be death and evidence that is testified by many witnesses who had died.u

Woman comes back to life after being dead for 17 hours
A 59-year-old American woman who was presumed dead after her heart stopped and she was taken off life support came back to life, stunning her doctors and family.

Man comes back to life after being clinically dead for 45 minutes

A VICTORIAN man who was clinically dead for 40 minutes has been brought back to life by an Australian-first resuscitation technique.

Heart patient back from the dead

The man doctors brought back to life after being dead for 73 minutes

No Cookies | Herald Sun

Please don't say things that are not true, or really hurts your credibility and if you think that you represent the broader Atheist views, maybe other Atheists can step in and confirm this, then it is conceivable that if you can't be trusted in small matters, how are people to trust you in bigger matters, like your statement of belief that God does not exist. Because you use the same attitude when it comes to truth, truth must hurt you, I mean really hurt you.
Truth can be demonstrated, you have yet to demonstrate any truth. You only provide opinion.

Upvote 0

quatona

"God"? What do you mean??
May 15, 2005
✟175,292.00
Faith
Seeker
Then off you go to the court of law and try to do that yourself, by claiming to be a doctor when your not or claiming to be there when you weren't. Once the judge establishes that you lied, you will be held in contempt of court.

The civilised world still operates by laws, witnesses, evidence and logic.
And, interestingly enough, referencing your experiences with God will not get you very far in court.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,948,127.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Any thoughts?
Bigger barns.

Luke 12:17 And he thought within himself, saying, What shall I do, because I have no room where to bestow my fruits?
18 And he said, This will I do: I will pull down my barns, and build greater; and there will I bestow all my fruits and my goods.
19 And I will say to my soul, Soul, thou hast much goods laid up for many years; take thine ease, eat, drink, and be merry.
20 But God said unto him, Thou fool, this night thy soul shall be required of thee: then whose shall those things be, which thou hast provided?

Upvote 0

Dave Ellis

Contributor
Dec 27, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
✟52,315.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Your not siding with truth at all. Your spinning your own statements of beliefs and they have nothing to do of what has been scientifically proven to be death and evidence that is testified by many witnesses who had died.u

A 59-year-old American woman who was presumed dead after her heart stopped and she was taken off life support came back to life, stunning her doctors and family.

She was still on a respirator and the doctors restarted her heart three times. Near death, sure. But she wasn't dead. They don't keep dead bodies on a respirator.

I have first aid training. Ventricular fibrillation can still pump some blood through the body, it will just be at a much reduced rate. His heart never stopped, again, near death, but not dead.

A VICTORIAN man who was clinically dead for 40 minutes has been brought back to life by an Australian-first resuscitation technique.

Heart patient back from the dead

This is an impressive medical advance, however again, not dead. He still had blood and oxygen flowing to all of his vital organs (which never stopped working) throughout the entire ordeal.

The man doctors brought back to life after being dead for 73 minutes

No Cookies | Herald Sun

I can't see this story as it's behind a subscription paywall. However, it's more than likely the same old story for near death experiences. They're near death, but not actually dead.

Please don't say things that are not true, or really hurts your credibility and if you think that you represent the broader Atheist views, maybe other Atheists can step in and confirm this, then it is conceivable that if you can't be trusted in small matters, how are people to trust you in bigger matters, like your statement of belief that God does not exist. Because you use the same attitude when it comes to truth, truth must hurt you, I mean really hurt you.

I said there's never been a recorded instance of someone coming back from the dead, and I defined dead as the complete and total cessation of all brain and bodily activity. The stories I was able to read above all described people who were on the edge of death, but still had a pulse (sometimes after the heart was restarted) and were breathing (sometimes with the help of a respirator). None of those people full on died.

Lastly, and most importantly, I don't know what any of this would even prove if it were true that they were full on dead and came back. All we have is an unexplained phenomenon, we wouldn't know how or why they came back. You can't just claim it was god that did it without a demonstration of that claim.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Skreeper
Upvote 0

Dave Ellis

Contributor
Dec 27, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
✟52,315.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Well said, then what this......

What Does Atheism Profit Atheists?

Why do you accuse expert witnesses like doctors as fraudsters and witnesses as liars, and make remarks that this is not broadcasted on mainstream news or that you couldn't find anything on the internet to show you the fact she of people being determined clinically dead?

I never claimed doctors were fraudsters, I said they could be wrong. You do understand there's a difference between making a mistake and committing fraud, correct?

There have been plenty of examples of people stretching the truth or full on lying about near death experiences though, and the news networks often have a tendency to spice up a story sometimes as well.

Likewise, I never said "clinically dead", I said dead. Clinical death is typically defined as the cessation of a heartbeat and respiration, and there's been plenty of people revived from that state. That's not raising someone from the dead however.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟317,900.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
I wasn't talking about Atheists in general. You stated that living life is a fulfilment to you, you said this, so please don't back out of what you said.
In what way am I backing out? I stand by everything I said.

Can you highlight where I'm backing out?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟317,900.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
"A shocked Dr. Eggleston told the paper the chances of surviving three such long periods without a heart rate were less than 10 percent. “It's a miracle. The odds were certainly against her.”

Yeah, did you even read it? She was on life support for all 17 hours.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Maybe he wants prayer back in the schools and the Ten Commandments back on the courthouse lawns?

And he wants the Atheists to pay for it all.

"profit," indeed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dave Ellis

Contributor
Dec 27, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
✟52,315.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
CA-Conservatives
So you won't be taxed to fund courthouse lawns.

Preferably the separation of church and state would be followed and there wouldn't be any religious monuments on public lands. Those belong at churches or on private property.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,948,127.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Preferably the separation of church and state would be followed and there wouldn't be any religious monuments on public lands. Those belong at churches or on private property.
Post 707 to catch up, please.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Post 707 to catch up, please.

Right -- our tax dollars paying for your graven images.

We break the First Amendment so you can break the Second Commandment. Everybody loses something.

Upvote 0