elizabeth098

Feb 17, 2013
Singapore
✟7,651.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Hi.. I became a Christian just last year. My mum found out and strongly didn't allow me to go for church service now. My teacher in school knew my situation and prayed for me together with her pastors in her church. Now there's Saturday service in her church, and she invited me to go and listen to the word of God. Now I attend her church and I feel at home there. I don't want to stop going to church. But one day my mum would find out. And to go for these, I actually lied to her about where I was and all. What do I do. Should I continue to lie to her? Because she would really strangle and kill me.

Another question.. I feel really connected in the church I'm currently in. But I don't know anyone there except my teacher. She goes to the usual Sunday service instead. I don't actually know whether I should get myself involved in the small groups, or whatever. And during services, usually pastor would set aside some time for prayers to be made at the end of the service. I always have the urge to just walk up and say "I NEED A PRAYER"... But is it that the force of God is just not strong enough for me to walk up to the people I don't know for a prayer? Deacons, senior pastor, worship and music pastor, etc. I'm actually scared to even talk to anyone there. I'm a minority.... (It's an international church)

And what about my former church? Right now I can't go to my former church anymore because my mum knows when the cell group meetings are, and when the Sunday services are held. She would not hesitate to call and check on me even if I am not defying her.

I've really prayed about it. And God seems to be giving me the green light to go for church service every week now. I just hope this continues.... Long enough for my mum to accept that I have already taken up the cross and follow Jesus Christ.

It's great that you've recently become a Christian. I think that it would be a good thing to get involved in smaller groups. I am sure they would be friendly and after getting to know some people within your church better, you could open up to them about the difficulties you are facing including wether to open up to your mum. Hopefully, they could then offer support and give you advice on how to approach the situation. Also, don't be afraid to ask for prayer, people will be happy to help. And I'm sure god will give you the confidence that you need to seek for help and to stand up for your beliefs, just keep praying to him and thank him when he listens to you.

Upvote 0

Jess7737

Jun 8, 2013
Alabama
✟7,730.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
]You have so much strength, and welcome to the family of Jesus. I know what it’s like to have family to detest you being Christian. You are so strong; Jesus is with you 24/7 even when it doesn't feel like it. He will help you through low valleys and up onto high mountains. I will be praying for you sister. God is going to guide you, find your strength in Jesus, for when we are weak his perfect strength shines through

(2 Corinthians 12:9)- But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me

He also knows the plans he has for you.

(Jeremiah 29:11) - For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

God has an amazing plan for your life, you love him so much, I can tell just by your post. You will be in my prayers; God will protect you and watch over you all the days of your life. In Jesus name I pray, hold this precious child of yours Lord, amen.
:D

Upvote 0

AmeliaB555

Jun 20, 2013
✟7,617.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
You are very strong. Angels are rejoicing in heaven because you accepted Jesus. I don't think I would lie to my mom though. Perhaps you could ask if there is a small group and go to that instead of formal church? Maybe this would be less likely to offend your mom? I would try to speak to the pastor at your old church or new about what he advises. I'm sure he deals with this a lot and might have a good idea about how to handle your problem. Maybe he could hook you up with some friends in the church that are your age to meet with. This way you could tell your mom you are meeting with friends, not at the church? Blessings and prayers!

Upvote 0