United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
JoJo Rabbit
I thought it was great. I don’t have much to say, other than I recommend it if you like dark or satirical humor. I expected a couple digs at a certain president, but was glad there wasn’t any. My favorite scenes were definitely the ones w/ the kids connecting. Other good scenes: the Gestapo searching the house, the war swirling around JoJo, “what are you going to do now?” A couple times I wondered if they should be making fun of this serious topic, but then I realized in this PC age, it’s nice to bring a sense of humor back. “It’s not a good day to be a Nazi.” LOL!
I give this a 5/5

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟219,390.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Ponyo

This movie was a little too strange for me & I like strange. None of the parts w/ Liam Neeson’s character or the goddess made sense. So he does stuff to protect the balance of nature, but is scheming to go back to the Cambrian, & after Ponyo gets into it, & to restore the balance of nature, the goddess says she can be human if she wants? & what did the old women have to do w/ anything? Maybe somethings got lost in translation. Like w/ a few movies I’ve seen recently, the heart of the story is what’s good, & it’s really good here. As someone who has pet fish, I connected w/ the relationship when she’s only a fish. I loved the scenes at the house where Ponyo’s learning. Studio Ghibli does characters so well! The shots of the boat floating above a flooded town w/ prehistoric fish swimming thru the streets is very memorable.

Unfortunately I’d say this is the weakest Studio Ghibli movie I’ve seen, but overall I still liked it. I recommend it if you like bizarre.

"Ponyo wants hammmmm!!""" lol

I give Ponyo a 4/5

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟255,305.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Ponyo

This movie was a little too strange for me & I like strange. None of the parts w/ Liam Neeson’s character or the goddess made sense. So he does stuff to protect the balance of nature, but is scheming to go back to the Cambrian, & after Ponyo gets into it, & to restore the balance of nature, the goddess says she can be human if she wants? & what did the old women have to do w/ anything? Maybe somethings got lost in translation. Like w/ a few movies I’ve seen recently, the heart of the story is what’s good, & it’s really good here. As someone who has pet fish, I connected w/ the relationship when she’s only a fish. I loved the scenes at the house where Ponyo’s learning. Studio Ghibli does characters so well! The shots of the boat floating above a flooded town w/ prehistoric fish swimming thru the streets is very memorable.

Unfortunately I’d say this is the weakest Studio Ghibli movie I’ve seen, but overall I still liked it. I recommend it if you like bizarre.

"Ponyo wants hammmmm!!""" lol

I give Ponyo a 4/5
I loved that movie! Haven't seen it in years though

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟219,390.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
TMNT (2014)
I'm not too familiar w/ the Turtles. I've only seen bits & pieces of the 90s movies & that's it. But I liked this! I wasn't expecting to.
The action scenes (especially the snowy mountain one) are really well done. I like how the action wasn't so choppy like it is in current movies where you can barely even follow it.
I like how it took time to introduce the Turtles. Nowadays, there'd be no build-up & mystery. Once they're introduced, they don't disappoint.
I thought the Turtles would look dumb. Not the case. Nor for the Rat, & Shredder looks good too. This movie's just a treat for the eyes.
I think the movie found a good balance between humor, action, & suspense.
The only thing I didn't really like was the villian plot. Especially the ties w/ the corporate guy. That's a bit too stereotypical for these kinds of movies.
I give this a 4/5

Upvote 0