What are you listening to right now? (Married Couples Edition)

MarkSB

May 5, 2006
✟68,731.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sooo... there used to be a thread like this in the singles section, and I posted there often (when I was single). I thought there was a similar thread in the Married Couples Forum, but I can't seem to find it (and can't be bothered to take more than 5 minutes to search for it, ha). So here we are! Post a music video (or just text/commentary) of what you are listening to right now, and comment on why you like it if you want to!

I've been a fan of the Foo Fighters for years, and they came out with a new album recently. It's one of their best, in my opinion. My two favorite songs from it (I think) are the ones below.

I don't want to annoy anyone with my interpretations, but the first one (The Glass) seems to obviously be about death - especially when considering the circumstances surrounding the release of the album. I think the lyrics indicate that the song writer sees parts of the person who died (and maybe some of the struggles that lead to his death) in himself - "I see my reflection in you". But perhaps he didn't recognize it until the other person had died (i.e. death is "The Glass", the thing that now separates them, and which also provides the reflection). Whatever your interpretation, I think it's excellent song writing and a great performance.

The second song (Beyond Me) also touches upon death, but I think it's more about the writer realizing that he is growing old, and having to face his own mortality and the mortality of those whom he loves. But even though the realization is there in some respect; he is still "young and free", and is not enslaved by it or preoccupied with it. Even though the possibility that the end could come today is on his radar, he still lives his life with a somewhat 'youthful obliviousness' of death. Whether or not that's a good thing or a bad thing is up to your interpretation. (In my mind it's a double-edged sword, and whether or not it is good or bad depends upon the actions which it leads to... but my interpretation is that it's being portrayed as a good thing).

Last edited:
Reactions: Gnarwhal

MarkSB

May 5, 2006
✟68,731.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Our second child is due soon... and it's a girl this time. I don't know if this song would have struck a chord with me otherwise.

I grew up in a family of all boys (except my mom, of course). So needless to say, all the 'girlie things' around the house will be sort of a new experience for me. :)

Reactions: Owlette
Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟436,103.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Right now right now I'm listening to the latest episode of the Joe Rogan podcast, he has Taylor Sheridan on as a guest and the convo is super interesting.

Musically though I've been listening to a lot of our generation's "classics". My wife and I both like the alternative stuff that was popular from around 1998-2001. That's what's been playing through my phone every time I get in the car lately. There's also always a soundtrack or two on tap, being a filmmaker I tend to get inspiration by listening to film composers. Especially Thomas Newman, John Powell, James Newton Howard, etc.

Upvote 0

MarkSB

May 5, 2006
✟68,731.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It’s cool to see what you all are listening to! I usually listen to a mix of everything… Country, classical music, and Christian Rock for the most part. I am a stone by Demon Hunter has been one of my favorites lately.

Hey... that is an interesting song. I like it. I've always found songs that combine rock music and classical music instruments to be enjoyable. It just adds an extra element of coolness. :cool: (For lack of a better term, lol.)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,734,900.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yeah, this one horse town
I'm an old married man at the age of twenty three

Got two little boys on the baseball team
And that might be their only ticket out
All they got is a worn out name
And a daddy that could've gone all the way
But I hung my saddle up and I settled down

Reactions: MarkSB
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,734,900.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
One of the comments under the video:

Wow, what a song. Who doesn't want to dance to the end of love. I married my husband in four days, we went out on a Tuesday and married on Saturday that week-end. We are still aging together (81 and 76) and I feel like we have danced to the end of love. And since passion turned into love and now love has become stronger, I'm caring for him since he can no longer walk. We'll get there, to the end of love. We have been married for 49 years. It's hasn't been easy but it was worth it. This song runs through the story of our lives.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.