Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
I am having apple cider (while also having apple cider vinegar in my meal).
Cider?
In the UK, cider is always alcoholic, but from what I've read, cider in the USA is just apple juice, am I right?
We have an apple tree in the garden, and I pressed a load of apples the other year, and left 2 huge barrels full, one quickly turned into 8% alcohol which I bottled. The other I left for over a year, and it had turned into over 40 pints of good cider vinegar. Excellent for health and for cooking.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟271,543.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Cider?
In the UK, cider is always alcoholic, but from what I've read, cider in the USA is just apple juice, am I right?
We have an apple tree in the garden, and I pressed a load of apples the other year, and left 2 huge barrels full, one quickly turned into 8% alcohol which I bottled. The other I left for over a year, and it had turned into over 40 pints of good cider vinegar. Excellent for health and for cooking.

I read that apple cider is made from apple mash. It has a different taste from apple juice, I have apple juice here too and notice that difference. Apple cider I have here does not have alcohol.

Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟185,175.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
I read that apple cider is made from apple mash. It has a different taste from apple juice, I have apple juice here too and notice that difference. Apple cider I have here does not have alcohol.
Apple mash or apple juice, if left to itself will automatically ferment into alcohol.

Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟271,543.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Francis Drake said:
Apple mash or apple juice, if left to itself will automatically ferment into alcohol.

Yeah, that would happen, but I don't wait that long for that. There are things though that I should get to faster.

I am having a watermelon drink (I guess it is a punch drink).

Upvote 0