What are you doign to prepare for a pregnancy and baby?

N

Nobility

I am wondering what you girls are doing to prepare for it?

I haven't done much at all to be honest other than continuing to pay off debts and the like.

I think my biggest issue is nutrition (or a lack of)... Iam goign to attempt 2 serves a day of fruit or vege and start from there as I'm not doing well at the moment

I guess my big 3 are nutrition (i.e. more fruit and vege and less sugar), exercise (i.e. needing some!) and money (need to look at buying a house or renting one as we can't stay in a caravan with a baby).

aunt_kelly

Senior Veteran
Feb 16, 2007
✟12,570.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
When we first started TTC I completely overhauled my diet. We started eating very healthy, cut out caffeine and alcohol completely. We also started to exercise a little more frequently. And taking prenatal or multivitamins.

After a while it got a little old, but I kept with it.

After the miscarriage, however, I threw it all out the window. I ate whatever I wanted, drank regular coffees and sodas, stopped taking the vitamins and drank some wine.. I was depressed and tired and angry that I had wasted all of that time for nothing.

Now, I am starting to try to get back on track. It's so very hard to start up again, I feel as though I lost all of the 'habits' that we were doing, even after only 2 months!

Upvote 0

PROUD2LOVEJESUS

Christian
Jul 6, 2010
USA
Visit site
✟15,168.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
When we first started TTC I completely overhauled my diet. We started eating very healthy, cut out caffeine and alcohol completely. We also started to exercise a little more frequently. And taking prenatal or multivitamins.

After a while it got a little old, but I kept with it.

After the miscarriage, however, I threw it all out the window. I ate whatever I wanted, drank regular coffees and sodas, stopped taking the vitamins and drank some wine.. I was depressed and tired and angry that I had wasted all of that time for nothing.

Now, I am starting to try to get back on track. It's so very hard to start up again, I feel as though I lost all of the 'habits' that we were doing, even after only 2 months!
I am very sorry to hear about your miscarriage.

I am trying to remember to take my prenatal vitamins everyday, but I'm not doing so well! I think that Folic Acid is the most important thing that you need to take.

Upvote 0
N

Nobility

Yeah Kelly... I understand the hard to get habits back thing! I am wonderful when I'm doing proper work as if I'm preparing it, I get all the veges and fruit prepared for the day, then eat then, but when I'm working/studying from home? Not so much.

I have a coleslaw in the fridge though and I'm eating my way through that quite nicely. I enjoy it and it's already prepared. I've had veges for the past 3 days now which is an achievement really'! And I've exercised too (though only about 1.5km walks at this stage until I get my entire strength back after the op).

Upvote 0