What are the key beliefs of the Salvation Army?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy Broadley

quam pulchra es amica mea quam pulchra
Oct 14, 2004
Grimsby. England
✟542,543.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
A little light bedtime reading on the subject of Adherents.

Salvation Army - Salvationist 6 March 2004 p1 THE nature of adherency within The Salvation Army has been clarified and redefined. After consultation and discussion, General John Larsson has approved a new definition of an adherent which includes a statement of faith, and clarifies the extent to whi...

Salvation Army - Salvationist 6 March 2004 p2 by Gordon Taylor, Archivist at the International Heritage Centre

Salvation Army - SECOND-CLASS SOLDIERS? FOR the present, would-be adherents of The Salvation Army will not be asked to make a public profession of Christian faith. Our Territorial Commander feels such a move would turn adherents into 'class II soldiers'.

Salvation Army - Salvationist 6 March 2004 p3 Groucho Marx famously said he didn’t want to belong to any club that would have him. His logic is sound. When it comes to exclusive clubs, exclusivity is everything. But The Salvation Army is not a club. Or, if it is, it’s the only one to exist for the ...

Salvation Army - New Soldiers in Southern region Sunday 20th July saw another soldier enrolled at Eastleigh Corps. Mrs Bessie Moore became the fourth new soldier in 8 months. Bessie has been an adherent for a while and has attended the Eastleigh Corps regularly for several years.

Upvote 0

Sascha Fitzpatrick

Apr 29, 2004
✟9,123.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sasch was asleep, and then a loud shout was heard from the North...

Adherent:
A person who regards The Salvation Army as his/ her spiritual home but has not chosen to make the commitment of 'soldiership' in The Salvation Army. (www.salvos.org.au)

I basically had to stand in the front of the church with my minister, and confirm my faith in Jesus Christ and my desire to be a member of the corps/church. I signed a certificate (I can't remember where it is at the moment) that stated I believed in Jesus Christ, accepted him into my heart, would protect and be loyal to the Salvation Army and to my Corps in particular - growing in it, serving regularly, giving regularly, attending regularly, etc etc.

Later on I'll have a look at my certificate and type the declaration on here.

I am expected, as an Adherent, to attend regularly, have a ministry in the church, and actively participate in giving.

Sasch

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.