What are the differences? (not about EOs)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xpycoctomos

Aug 15, 2004
Midwest
✟13,419.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
In your Forum Rules, it states that all of the following Churches:

The Armenian Orthodox Church, the Syrian Orthodox Church, the Coptic Orthodox Church, the Ethiopian Orthodox (Tewahedo) Church, the Eritrean Orthodox (Tewahedo) Church, the Malankara Orthodox Church, the Assyrian Church of the East...
... are members of this OO Forum.

Are all of you in full communion? If not, which ones are not? Why not?

Are the only differences between you ethnic? Are there any minor differences (non-divisive) such as liturgy used, calendar, books in the OT Bible?

Are any of these in full communion with the RCC (I'm guessing not, but I don't know)?

Thanks!

John

orthedoxy

Lusavorchagan
Dec 15, 2003
pasadena california
✟764.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Xpycoctomos said:
In your Forum Rules, it states that all of the following Churches:

... are members of this OO Forum.

Are all of you in full communion? If not, which ones are not? Why not?

Are the only differences between you ethnic? Are there any minor differences (non-divisive) such as liturgy used, calendar, books in the OT Bible?

Are any of these in full communion with the RCC (I'm guessing not, but I don't know)?

Thanks!

John
Yes we are all in full communion.
The main difference is Ethnic.
We don't interfere with each others faith. We all are the way the church was before the fourth council.
I’m not sure about the liturgy, calendar has some difference, and also I don't think we all have the exact same Old Testament books.
I don't know what you mean full communion with RC? We don't believe every thing like Catholic believes.
I wish there were Etheopians and Syrian Orthodox here so i could ask them.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.