✟18,136.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Private
Politics
CA-Others
Okie dokie. :)

Here are the ones that have one or more votes.

The Upper Room 7
Grace Place 5
Strangely Warmed 4
Wesley's parish 4
On to Perfection 3
The King's Highway 3
Highway of Holiness 2
Source of Calm Repose 2
Wondering Souls 2
A Charge to Keep I have 1
Aldersgate 1
Children of Grace 1
Holy Club 1
The Solid Rock 1

Upvote 0

Islander

Jul 23, 2003
Texas
Visit site
✟416.00
Faith
Protestant
TCapp said:
Umm, actually I think I have seen a couple polls posted on CF where you could choose multiple options. :scratch: Don't know if that way would be more conducive, or less conducive.
It would take longer to do, but may be two polls. The first one could allow people to vote for as many as they want. Then take the most popular ones on that poll and have a poll in which you can only vote for one. Just a thought.

Upvote 0
"God in Scripture commands me, according to my power, to instruct the ignorant, reform the wicked, confirm the virtuous. Man forbids me to do this in anohter's parish; that is, in effect, not to do it at all, seeing I have now no parish; of my own, nor probably ever shall. Whom, then, shall I hear, God or man? ...I look upon all the world as my parish; thus far I mean that, in whatever part of it I am, I judge it meet, right, and my bounden duty to declare unto all that are willing to hear the glad tidings of salvation. This is the work which I know God has called me to and sure I am that his blessing attends it." John Wesley the Methodist, The Methodist Bookd Concern, 1903

I like the Wesley's Parish idea, or The world is our Parish

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

overnight

overnight of the order
May 8, 2004
Kentucky
Visit site
✟15,547.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Christian2 said:
Was Wesley a calvinist? If so there is a problem.
The best answer would be no. Here is the history as best as I can remember. Calvin posted his problems with the catholic church there was a seperation hince the start of protantism. Calvin was not intending to start a new church just fix the problems with the current one. Well a few kings (who wanted to get power out of the Popes hand) took ahold of this and decided to adopt differnet churches. One such king was Henery VIII. Becasue the pope would not let him get a divorce Henery created the Church of England. In most every way catholic in tradition. Wesley felt the Church of England was not doing what the original meaning of chiristianity ment (feeding poor, helping sick, spreading gospel) so he and a group of friends (holy club called by them Meathodists called by others) got together for bible study, prayer, and "Chirstian witness" (helping sick, feeding poor, etc...).

I hope it did not generalize too much and this helps anything I missed or might have wrong please correct it you won't hurt my feelings. :)

Upvote 0
I'm not sure this is totally accurate, but it's a rough timeline and denominational flow.

Feel free to correct where it is wrong. I bunched up the groups breaking off of Methodism, which I know isn't the correct timing.

Attachments

• Church history.GIF
    Church history.GIF
    4.9 KB · Views: 70
Upvote 0

Islander

Jul 23, 2003
Texas
Visit site
✟416.00
Faith
Protestant
Was Wesley a calvinist? If so there is a problem.
No, Wesley opposed Calvinist teachings.

overnight said:
The best answer would be no. Here is the history as best as I can remember. Calvin posted his problems with the catholic church there was a seperation hince the start of protantism. Calvin was not intending to start a new church just fix the problems with the current one.
You're thinking of Martin Luther not John Calvin but otherwise your history although an extremely condensed, simplified version is accurate.

Reactions: Origen
Upvote 0

TCapp

Senior Veteran
Jun 24, 2003
✟18,136.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Private
Politics
CA-Others
Okay, it is now Sunday. Here are the front runners again. I'll just post the ones that got 1 vote or more. I don't know if you want to drop from the poll the ones that only got a single vote.

The Upper Room 7
Wesley's parish 7
Grace Place 5
Strangely Warmed 4
On to Perfection 3
The King's Highway 3
Highway of Holiness 2
Source of Calm Repose 2
Wondering Souls 2
A Charge to Keep I have 1
Aldersgate 1
Children of Grace 1
Holy Club 1
The Solid Rock 1

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.