We are all brothers and sisters in Christ... let's treat each other that way please!

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟108,681.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hello everyone. As I have spent a little bit of time in this forum, I have already noticed some tension arising over beliefs and such. I think we should all remember that we need to respect each other's beliefs and try to be as polite as possible. Let's show the love of Christ. We are all brothers and sisters in Christ and should treat each other as such. Let's also remember a few verses:

[bible]Micah 6:8[/bible]

[bible]Matthew 5:43-46[/bible]

[bible]Matthew 22:36-40[/bible]

[bible]John 13:34[/bible]

[bible]Romans 12:10-13[/bible]

[bible]Romans 13:8[/bible]

[bible]Galatians 5:22-23[/bible]

[bible]Titus 3:9[/bible]

Reactions: Word of Peace

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
✟108,681.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Bevlina said:
Absolutely Holly!
This Forum was created for we who do not go to church for our own various reasons. It was not created for any tensions, but rather to discuss what we do to worship and love God in our own manner.

Yep! I'm so glad that I have found this forum too. :) I am considering visiting a PCUSA congregation this Sunday but I don't know if I'll go there continually or not. I feel like I need to find a congregation but there are obstacles that make that a relatively hard thing to do in my area and in my circumstances. Anyway, thank you for posting in my thread Bevlina! I didn't think anyone was going to drop in! ^_^

Upvote 0

Letalis

Jun 7, 2004
Miami, FL
✟25,650.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Holly3278 said:
Hello everyone. As I have spent a little bit of time in this forum, I have already noticed some tension arising over beliefs and such. I think we should all remember that we need to respect each other's beliefs and try to be as polite as possible. Let's show the love of Christ. We are all brothers and sisters in Christ and should treat each other as such. Let's also remember a few verses:

Micah 6:8He hath showed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

Matthew 5:43-4643 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. 44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; 45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. 46 For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?

Matthew 22:36-4036 Master, which is the great commandment in the law? 37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

John 13:34A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.

Romans 12:10-1310 Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another; 11 Not slothful in business; fervent in spirit; serving the Lord; 12 Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer; 13 Distributing to the necessity of saints; given to hospitality.

Romans 13:8Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.

Galatians 5:22-2322 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

Titus 3:9But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain.
:amen:

I just got out of a heated thread. Insulting of churches, beliefs, etc was going on. We need to love each other and remember we are all Christians. I honestly think more debate and heated discussions come from Christians than non-christians.

Upvote 0

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
✟108,681.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Letalis said:
:amen:

I just got out of a heated thread. Insulting of churches, beliefs, etc was going on. We need to love each other and remember we are all Christians. I honestly think more debate and heated discussions come from Christians than non-christians.

:amen: Amen! And yes, this is truly unfortunate. There is so much division in the church it isn't even funny. :(

Upvote 0

loribee59

Beautiful hearts and minds makes me swoon! :)
Mar 11, 2003
Keizer, OR
✟23,001.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Holly3278 said:
:amen: Amen! And yes, this is truly unfortunate. There is so much division in the church it isn't even funny. :(

Agreed. Very few times when I comment on something that contradicts what they hold dear (fancy-schmancy "doctrines") they'd condemn it as "unbiblical". Instead of outright condemning, which is easier to do, wouldn't they ASKED me why I thought so? This way, the lines of communication is open and we all learn from each other. Sad to see how we all butt heads and try to prove who's right. :(

Upvote 0

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
✟108,681.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
loribee59 said:
Agreed. Very few times when I comment on something that contradicts what they hold dear (fancy-schmancy "doctrines") they'd condemn it as "unbiblical". Instead of outright condemning, which is easier to do, wouldn't they ASKED me why I thought so? This way, the lines of communication is open and we all learn from each other. Sad to see how we all butt heads and try to prove who's right. :(

Unfortunately that happens all the time. I guess as long as people have disagreements, it's going to happen. I just pray to God that His will be done. :prayer:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tavita

beside quiet waters He restores my soul..
Sep 20, 2004
Singleton NSW
✟7,581.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
AU-Liberals
Whew! Well, I feel like I've just come from a battle field, out there in the forums!.. It's so refreshing to find a place where we can sit down relax and fellowship in peace.

And here's a few big ol' hugs for you guys .. :hug: :hug: :hug:

Upvote 0

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
✟108,681.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
JordanAlmonds said:
Perhaps we need a "Love Thy Neighbor" thread. Love and hugs, and all that. I hug all of you ... just because you are you. :hug:

The only problem with threads like that is that they are often times insincere. Or at least it sometimes seems that way to me. I think we all just need to learn to get along even when tensions do come up. :)

Upvote 0

theCreator'schild

Feb 8, 2005
Pennsylvania
✟361.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hello folks,

I am a member of another forum (different website), and I have to say that I was driven away due to controversy, debates, and just plain old fights regarding doctrine. I was so sick of it that I nearly swore of forums forever! But then I changed my mind when someone introduced me to this forum. :thumbsup:

Anyway, my point is I can't stand arguing and fighting over who's doctrine is right and who's isn't, and I agree with the person who mentioned before me that it's refreshing to come here and find NO debates and discussions over doctrine. Thank you! :D

:wave: Have a wonderful day in the Lord! :angel:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
B

Bevlina

It happens in parts of this Forum too Child!! Personally, I like to stay out of any fighting and arguing about who's right and who's wrong regarding churches. There is only one church God recognises, and that is the Body of Christ.
So what happens then ... I guess some church starts up and calls itself "The Body Of Christ". Then they say everyone else is wrong....
That is why we are not permitted to belittle any denomination on CF.

Upvote 0

Lady_Firehawk

With new mint flavor crystals!
Mar 20, 2004
Evergreen State College
✟10,685.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
theCreator'schild said:
Well, it's take all kinds I suppose and one day we won't have to worry about doctrine and denomination, praise the Lord! :amen:

Indeed... but until then, I guess we just have to deal as best we can, and love each other and the Lord. :)

I completely lack eloquence on this subject at the moment... hmmm... maybe that has something to do with my lack of caffeine? ;)

Upvote 0

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
✟108,681.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Lady_Firehawk said:
Indeed... but until then, I guess we just have to deal as best we can, and love each other and the Lord. :)

I completely lack eloquence on this subject at the moment... hmmm... maybe that has something to do with my lack of caffeine? ;)

^_^ Don't feel bad, sometimes I need the caffeine too. ;) Thankfully I'm not addicted to it or anything like that! :p

Anyway, I think we all just need to realize that although we may have disagreements from time to time, we should not let it get in the way of our brotherly and sisterly love for each other.

Upvote 0