Was Ike Right?

Jul 30, 2013
✟15,113.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I think he is but I have to note that I think even using the word complexity suggests chaos being controlled. Which take it as you want but I think if Eisenhower really wanted to express this truth at best he would've said something along the lines of: There is no complexity or chaos, only the idea of it.

So that would imply we should change the way we look at things and synchronize ourselves closer to what is actually happening. And I think when we do that, we'll see things for what they truly are and everything pretty much "just is" compared to it being chaos, complex, simple and all these other words. I think nature in the end speaks a language that can only be understood at best by the human heart and not so much just through understanding the descriptive idea of a word. However, to be able to eloquently communicate an essence, words should be picked and structured in a sentence carefully leaving room for the heart to breath in the interpretation of the essence being conveyed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Can you expand or explain a little bit ? I don't understand what this has to do with anything at all,
and I don't believe the quote is right either.

"If your generation fails to understand that the human individual is still the center of the universe and is still the sole reason for the existence of all man-made institutions, then complexity will become chaos. Dwight D. Eisenhower Readers Digest 1948

Upvote 0

Amisk Dolcy

Jun 28, 2013
✟15,236.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Can you expand or explain a little bit ? I don't understand what this has to do with anything at all, and I don't believe the quote is right either.
"If your generation fails to understand that the human individual is still the center of the universe and is still the sole reason for the existence of all man-made institutions, then complexity will become chaos. Dwight D. Eisenhower Readers Digest 1948
----------------------------------------

I don't know if I can make President Eisenhower comments any clearer.
"the human individual is still the center of the universe" Would you not agree that mankind is what life on this planet is all about? After all mankind was orignally God's master piece to the top end of all life on earth.

Next to God Himself mankind is the controlling force on the planet. If there is an order to life here, it starts with God the creator, followed by mankind, the next steps down are the various stages of animal and plant life. In other words there is a social order to life on the planet. It is a God ordained order, and if we as humans fail to recognize that order and live according to that order we have chaos.

In reality Mr. Eisenhower was right and we as humans "(are) still the sole reason for the existence of all man-made institutions on this planet," and since we have failed to take Eiesenhower's warning seriously we have end up with chaos.

I trust I have made things a little clear for you.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Thank you, yes (it is more clear statement now).

I don't think any president in the last century was or is a God-obeying one, so I didn't expect to see a quote from one (on a christian forum/thread/post) as if to give him credance/'supposed credibility'? .

I also didn't know(until an online search a little while ago) that eisenhower started national salvation army week, fwiw. (In fact I didn't know any president had publicly supported the salvation army)....

btw, also fwiw, My biological but physically absent dad was a senior officer or consultant decades ago in the s.f. chapter and worked with the mayor for disaster assistance.

Upvote 0

Amisk Dolcy

Jun 28, 2013
✟15,236.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
I guess this is as good place as any:

I looked up on the inter-net and found this about Dwight D. Eisenhower and the Salvation Army. I thought it worth copying:

"National Salvation Army Week
During his presidency, Dwight D. Eisenhower stated, "Among Americans, The Salvation Army has long been a symbol of wholehearted dedication to the cause of brotherhood. In time of war, the men and women of this organization have brought to those serving their country far from home, friendliness and warm concern. In the quieter days of peace, their work has been a constant reminder to us all that each of us is neighbor and kin to all Americans, giving freely of themselves, the men and women of The Salvation Army have won the respect of all."
The week of November 18 - December 4, 1954 was declared by the United Stated Congress and proclaimed by President Dwight D. Eisenhower to be the first National Salvation Army Week. Today, the dates have changed, but the work of The Salvation Army that was recognized has not - to serve those in need without discrimination.
To The Salvation Army, National Salvation Army week is a time for us to thank all of our generous donors and volunteers who allow us to accomplish all that we do. Without their support, we would not be able to provide the wide array of programs and services that include: food for the hungry, gifts and counsel to the elderly and ill, clothing and shelter to the homeless, opportunities for underprivileged children, relief for disaster victims, assistance to the disabled, early childhood learning centers, camping programs for youth, seniors and veterans and much more, 365 days a year.
As one of the largest charitable and service organization in the world, The Salvation Army has been dispensing aid, without discrimination, to those in need since 1865. Begun by William Booth, a renowned evangelical minister, the Army's first beginnings were in the East End of London. As the Army flourished, it spread to other cities as Booth preached hope and salvation for the desperately poor and downtrodden. The work of The Salvation Army today is still based on William Booth's teachings and continues his mission and service principles which are motivated.

Personally, I likely will not post more on this issue at this time anyway.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
yes, t.y. , that's one of the things i saw in a quik search also.

the thing is , if we discuss matters here, i think or thought it breaks the rules? (not everything about the SA is flattering, to say the least) and, hasatan's involvement in mankind/things on the earth and in society -- from quik search of SA online, they don't say much if anything about the enemy of Christ , about the father of all lies.....

(Yhwh willing, i will try to check back within today or this week.)

Upvote 0