• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

was doing good, now not so much

jsimms615

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2006
✟143,480.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Up until 2 weeks ago, I thought I was doing pretty good. I went from 8.5 A1C to 7.5 and was dropping. Then, I took two weeks off from running. I guess I was getting tired of it. My eating habits did not change that much. Now, I have started back with the running, but my blood sugars are up. I am so tired of this. I can't let me eyes off of it for one minute.

There was a day about a year ago when I thought maybe I could get off the insulin for good. I actually went from using 30 units of Lantus to 22. But, that is as far as I can go and keep me near my goal. Two mornings ago I was 212 in the morning fasting blood sugar. Wow! I haven't been that horrible in a long, long time.

Just wanted to vent a little. Feeling frustrated.

Trailltrader

May 26, 2013
Lakewood, WA
✟14,883.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Up until 2 weeks ago, I thought I was doing pretty good. I went from 8.5 A1C to 7.5 and was dropping. Then, I took two weeks off from running. I guess I was getting tired of it. My eating habits did not change that much. Now, I have started back with the running, but my blood sugars are up. I am so tired of this. I can't let me eyes off of it for one minute.

There was a day about a year ago when I thought maybe I could get off the insulin for good. I actually went from using 30 units of Lantus to 22. But, that is as far as I can go and keep me near my goal. Two mornings ago I was 212 in the morning fasting blood sugar. Wow! I haven't been that horrible in a long, long time.

Just wanted to vent a little. Feeling frustrated.

I hear ya. I happen to be the record holder of the Veterans Administration's highest blood sugar evar- 1290!! I almost went blind my sugar was so high and it took them almost 3.5 days to get it down to 150. The Veterans Admin didn't waste any time- they sent me to school for a week in a crash course on how to cook, how to take insulin, etc.

Have you tried Metformin? Good stuff!

Upvote 0

jsimms615

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2006
✟143,480.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I hear ya. I happen to be the record holder of the Veterans Administration's highest blood sugar evar- 1290!! I almost went blind my sugar was so high and it took them almost 3.5 days to get it down to 150. The Veterans Admin didn't waste any time- they sent me to school for a week in a crash course on how to cook, how to take insulin, etc.

Have you tried Metformin? Good stuff!

Yes, I take 1,000 mg of Metformin twice a day along with Latus insulin and Humalog insulin.

That is pretty amazing that you hit 1290 and lived to tell about it. Sounds extremely dangerous

Upvote 0

Trailltrader

May 26, 2013
Lakewood, WA
✟14,883.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Yes, I take 1,000 mg of Metformin twice a day along with Latus insulin and Humalog insulin.

That is pretty amazing that you hit 1290 and lived to tell about it. Sounds extremely dangerous

Between the confusion- seriously, I had a hard time doing anything more involved than drooling- it was when I almost went blind. There was so much sugar in my system that it somehow screwed up my eyeballs. Worse I did a big time "no-no" and drove up 40 miles each way to the hospital- I was blessed in that G-d allowed my vision to return to "normal old guy bifocals".

Upvote 0