Wandering

Status
Not open for further replies.

seniorthief

Dec 1, 2004
✟112.00
Faith
Christian
I am new to the TE concept but find much I agree with. I have wandered from one Christian group to another without finding religious satisfaction. Indeed, I am often sickened and repelled by some of the ignorant concepts I encounter in many churches. Yet I hunger for Christian fellowship. Is there a group of practicing Christians who support the TE concept? A particular church? If so, what is its name?

Vance

Contributor
Jul 16, 2003
✟23,260.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There are many denominations which hold official positions that are entirely accepting of the concept of theistic evolution, I have posted a list of them here:

http://www.christianforums.com/t114...ions-accepting-or-not-opposing-evolution.html

But I would choose a denomination or fellowship group based on its belief in origins alone, of course. There are much more important doctrinal issues to consider. But, if belonging to a church which actively teaches YEC concepts (or has people in it that do) really creates a problem for you, then you can investigate the doctrinal make-up of the denominations on that list. This is no guarantee, however, that a given church body belonging to one of those denominations may not hold YEC beliefs regardless of their parent group's position. Trial and error, most likely. Or simply approach the pastor of a church you are interested in about the issue. Just ask him if origins is an issue brought up often at the church and, if so, what the general position is.

Anyway, good luck!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.