Lake Isabella, CA
✟15,121.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am getting discouraged with Anglicans. Maybe it is time to go to the one true Roman Catholic Church and have a leader who knows how to give a direction that Christ was teaching. Here in the U. S., we have a archbishop who goes against the teaching of the Church, and in England we have Rowland Williams that also goes against the teaching of the Church. How can this be? What is so hard to understand. I think maybe too much education on our leaders part and not common since! Does anyone have something to add that I do not know about? If so, please respond.

God's Love To All

CatholicAtHeart

Discerning Catholic
Sep 2, 2010
UK
✟15,804.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
UK-Conservative
I am getting discouraged with Anglicans. Maybe it is time to go to the one true Roman Catholic Church and have a leader who knows how to give a direction that Christ was teaching. Here in the U. S., we have a archbishop who goes against the teaching of the Church, and in England we have Rowland Williams that also goes against the teaching of the Church. How can this be? What is so hard to understand. I think maybe too much education on our leaders part and not common since! Does anyone have something to add that I do not know about? If so, please respond.

God's Love To All

It's Rowan Williams By The Way.*
I Will Pray For You On Your Journey In Christ.
Peace Be With You.
+Cam.

Upvote 0

Monsignor

Dec 13, 2010
✟7,616.00
Faith
Celtic Catholic
Marital Status
Married

God's Love To All

Joseph,

I have to agree with you. I was an Anglican-Catholic priest. Although, I know my faith was pure and that Anglo-Catholicism is a good faith, I had to realize that the name Anglican and Episcopal had been so tarnished and blighted that it no longer resembled the faith of the Apostles and therefore the faith given to them by Jesus. The ancient faith can be found by going back to the Anglican faith before the Great Schism when the church in England was still Orthodox.

You might want to check out The Western Orthodox Church at their .org address. In researching the history of the church and how it evolved, they seem to be returning to the ancient faith. Going to Rome was not an option for me since as Anglicans we had maintained that Rome had added to the ancient faith and was no longer in accord with the faith of the apostles either.

May the Lord bless you in your search,

Fr. Michael

Upvote 0

SAMMISPARROW

Dec 26, 2010
✟8,261.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Yeaahh. Just read the bible and rely only on it, for it is filled with Gods' Holy Word. And besides, I think that you will always find disappointment in just about any church that you go to. So my advice, for what it's worth,is to look around until you find a church that is friendly and welcoming and warm and comfortable, and remember to pray for Gods' Holy Spirit to lead and guide you there, and leave it all up to the Lord and let it happen. God bless you always.

Sammi :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

ratchet30

Wanderer In A Strange Land
Apr 26, 2011
Pennsylvania
✟10,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
the anglican church is being browbeaten by a secular society and is scared of being marginalised in a creeping islamicaficated society.

Do you think islamification is influencing traditional and conservative churches? If so, how so? I find your comment interesting.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
P

proficient

God's Love To All

You can always try the continuing Anglican movement, which is closer to what Anglicanism was, say, 50 years ago, before all the silliness of the "sexual revolution", etc.

Upvote 0