United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Hi
How do I "undo" a bad confessions that wasn't valid on my part? Ie. I knowingly held back mortal sins. Since December '08 I haven't held anything back...
Am I still absolved or no? Please help. :(
I have not given a "bad" confession in about five years or so.

WisdomTree

Philosopher
Feb 2, 2012
Lincoln
✟16,079.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
That's it? Thankfully, I've already done that.
Thanks. That's a huge relief. :)

No need to think too legalistic about this. So long as you're willing to admit your failure, God will forgive all sins. That I'm pretty sure is Catholic dogma. What you did can be categorized under the ninth commandment (eight in Augustinian system), since you essentially lied.

Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
here are sins that carry an automatic excommunication, to be readmitted into the Church you have confess to a Bishop
but all other sins you can just go to confession for
an apostate from the faith, a heretic, or a schismatic;[6]
a person who throws away the consecrated Eucharistic species or takes and retains them for a sacrilegious purpose;[7]
a person who uses physical force against the Pope;[8]
a priest who uses confession as a pretext to solicit the penitent to break the commandment against adultery;[9]
a bishop who ordains someone a bishop without a papal mandate, and the person who receives the ordination from him;[10]
a confessor who directly violates the sacramental seal of confession;[11]
a person who procures a completed abortion;[12]
accomplices without whose assistance a violation of a law prescribing latae sententiae excommunication would not have been committed.[13]

Upvote 0