United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Spiritual Remnant of God Series
Part 6 – Truth Can Offend
Tuesday, June 18, 2013

When doing some self-evaluation to determine whether you are part of the CURRENT Spiritual Remnant of God and/or your spiritual health as one of the CURRENT Spiritual Remnant of God ask yourself the following question and the answer to this question will tell you a great deal about your spiritual standing.

Which is more important to me, presenting and/or upholding God’s Truth or making sure I do not offend a brother, sister, or spiritual leader in Christ?

I personally would much rather have a person care enough about me, about my spiritual walk with Jesus, about the ministry God gave me, about my life - that they would be willing to offend me in order to keep me out of sin, away from danger, on the narrow path and true to my godly calling and/or purpose - than to allow me to go astray.

What does being offended look like, in this context?

“offend”
According to the Merriam-Webster Dictionary
2 : to cause discomfort or pain : HURT
2 a : to cause difficulty, discomfort, or injury
b : to cause dislike, anger, or vexation
3 : to cause dislike or vexation : ANNOY
Synonyms affront, insult, outrage
3 : to cause to feel vexation or resentment usually by violation of what is proper or fitting
OFFEND need not imply an intentional hurting but it may indicate merely a violation of the victim's sense of what is proper or fitting <hoped that my remarks had not offended her>.

I do not know about you but if I am confronted with the need to change, often, my first feeling is &#8220;discomfort&#8221; because change by its very nature is uncomfortable.

Jesus offended most of the religious people of His day. The CURRENT Spiritual Remnant of God will find whether they intend it or not they will offend most of the religious people of our day. Why? Because they are going to call/cry out for Truth to be honored, Truth being God&#8217;s Word and Principles, in a time and religious society where it is not being honored. If they do not call/cry out, they are not at peace with themselves and cannot spiritually be at rest.

Here is an account where Jesus is shown as having offended the religious leaders of His day during His earthly ministry. The religious leaders did not think Jesus had the proper background or credentials and they did not like what He had to say. ....

If you would like to continue reading this article, you can find my blog information on my profile page under "contact info".

silverrune

If life has a point I need a new sharpener
Jun 12, 2013
✟7,878.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
No one has a right to not be offended. I live my life in the light of truth that I am a good person. I don't intentionally set out to offend anyone, I certainly can not offend God who knew me before my life began and knows my destiny before I do. If I unwittingly offend someone being I'm Christian and believe as I do, it's unfortunate. But it's not anything that worries me.

There are people on the tele who are slaughtered because their faith offends those who thought they were fit to murder for it. They did not want to be offended by differences so they exterminated them.

Very often the more I pay attention to people of faith the more it appears that they are making rules in the name of God that God himself would not approve.

Upvote 0

Reborn1977

Devoted to Jesus - Less of me MORE of HIM
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
✟59,283.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Very often the more I pay attention to people of faith the more it appears that they are making rules in the name of God that God himself would not approve.

You are so on target. Not only are they making rules in the name of God that God Himself would not approve of, they are taking liberties in the name of God that God Himself would not approve of.

Upvote 0

Yahu

Jezebel's bain
May 14, 2012
✟3,900.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
You are so on target. Not only are they making rules in the name of God that God Himself would not approve of, they are taking liberties in the name of God that God Himself would not approve of.

As the Pharisees did in biblical days.

There is a difference between coming against someone for not following religious traditions verses actual biblical law. Too many people expand on the law to put a fence around what they consider sin and then attack anyone that violates their expanded definitions trying to 'save you' from falling into sin.

Upvote 0

aWalkbyFaith

Sep 17, 2013
Austin, Texas
✟15,283.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
a couple of scriptures that came to me lately relating to this were:

2 Timothy 4:3
"For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers;"

Luke 6:26
"Woe to you when all men speak well of you,
For so did their fathers to the false prophets."

Upvote 0

Yahu

Jezebel's bain
May 14, 2012
✟3,900.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
aWalkbyFaith we are there now.
Thank you for adding the Scriptures.
Much of what calls themselves the chrisitian community is apostate.

And much of that community is in bondage to religious traditions of man.

Now you mentioned being corrected by a brother/sister. Well that all depends on if they are presenting truth or attacking over their lacking of understand when you already have greater understanding. Are they operating as a true prophet presenting truth from the Holy Spirit or as a false prophet trying to force you into following their demonic doctrines?

You are allowed to bring correction to someone who has offended you personally, or an individual under your authority BUT it is the role of a prophet to bring correction on the behalf of the Father. So you best be limiting correction to those under your spiritual authority or to offenses directly against you if you don't hold the office of prophet. Otherwise you risk being a meddlesome busybody in the matters of other people's lives and scripture ranks that right up there with murderer, thief and evil-doer.

1Pe 4:15 But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or as a thief, or as an evildoer, or as a busybody in other men’s matters.

Upvote 0